The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
journo
Sucks Fan

Re: The (new, straight-from-scratch) Trump thread

Post by journo » Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:10 pm

badmachine wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:15 am
journo wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:29 am
Bbb23sucks wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 3:20 am
What exactly will he do that's so bad? All he did last time was just whine on Twitter. Of course Congress will continue to ruin things, but that's largely independent from the President.
American political polarization reached levels I've never seen before during his term. Including political street fights in my state, riots, and etc. Nowhere near the level of some third world countries but it's something I don't think Americans have much tolerance for as a first world country.

There's also the issue of his open contempt for conceding, which I guess would be a bigger problem if he was younger.

All the fighting might have been cool if it were over land rights or worker pay or something. But it was all over dumb shit like online subcultures, statues and celebrity.
sounds like youre saying Trump shouldnt be in office because the democrats would be butthurt
Over 70% of independents do not like Trump (or Biden). They are the largest voting block.
https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3883

The riots in my state were mostly over decades old confederacy tensions for whatever reason, and I really don't anticipate that with a Biden term to the extent it happened during Trump's term. Although a Biden term could just be papering over that issue.

If the old confederacy wants to actually secede I think they should open a bid to do so rather than run joke candidates for president to thumb their nose at the "swamp". They don't want to be taxed and want their own, much more religious laws. Because of who they are, that's fine. They should get to choose who they want to be. People should have the right to self-determination. Keeping them in the Union was a bad idea and the whole civil war was dumb. I think they should just go ahead and secede than put napalm on the ballot every 4 years.

Also the part about Trump not wanting to concede isn't minor. That's necessary for anyone who actually likes the idea of democracy. Conservatives like democracy, it's one of the things in conservatism that overlaps with liberalism. Why Trump-supporting conservatives who saw Trump not conceding were either trying to convince themselves it actually was stolen or abstained from processing what was going on.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:08 pm

journo wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 1:10 pm
If the old confederacy wants to actually secede I think they should open a bid to do so rather than run joke candidates for president to thumb their nose at the "swamp". They don't want to be taxed and want their own, much more religious laws. Because of who they are, that's fine. They should get to choose who they want to be. People should have the right to self-determination. Keeping them in the Union was a bad idea and the whole civil war was dumb. I think they should just go ahead and secede than put napalm on the ballot every 4 years.
What?? All the rage and identity politics are manufactured. The only reason people (on both sides) subscribe to the them is because they are desperate for something.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:57 pm

Not willing to vote for someone who refuses to concede. To date, he's refused to formally concede even though he lost.

I like democracy and being able to vote someone out if they become corrupt.

Aware that both parties have legitimate gripes with voting machines. Solution to that is to use paper ballots, which some counties (Dem and Republican) have switched to after the 2004 and 2020 elections respectively.

So that's why I'm voting dem for the first time this year. Orange man is too dangerous to democracy.

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:46 pm

"64 percent of Canadians strongly agreed or agreed that U.S. democracy would not survive four more years with Trump in the White House."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... acy-trump/

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:24 am

Trump trump trump, blah blah

AI has the "right idea" for "handling" him.........this was apparently made by someone in the DeSantis campaign......
desantis-fauci-fake_wide-d6de7b01931ef6c9c12a2c30f5f821c882336307-s1100-c50-2017836609.jpg
desantis-fauci-fake_wide-d6de7b01931ef6c9c12a2c30f5f821c882336307-s1100-c50-2017836609.jpg (88.3 KiB) Viewed 324 times
Last edited by ericbarbour on Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:33 am

Biden's social media is so goddamn awful. Also neither his site nor Nikki Haley's site have any sort of statement of principles or beliefs or platform.

Can't we have an inspiring candidate?

Trump is doing a victim complex thing and Biden isn't even campaigning on anything or any principle besides basic government functioning. Then there's RJK Jr who could be inspiring but just not with that voice.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:57 am

journo wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:33 am
Biden's social media is so goddamn awful.
so are his policies. :shrug:
Also neither his site nor Nikki Haley's site have any sort of statement of principles or beliefs or platform.
their principles, beliefs, and platform (to the extent that they have any) are dictated by the warmongers. there, now youre all caught up. :^)

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:59 am

badmachine wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:57 am
journo wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:33 am
Biden's social media is so goddamn awful.
so are his policies. :shrug:
Also neither his site nor Nikki Haley's site have any sort of statement of principles or beliefs or platform.
their principles, beliefs, and platform (to the extent that they have any) are dictated by the warmongers. there, now youre all caught up. :^)
I agree that Trump, in practice, was less of a foreign war president than any Democratic or Republican in a long while.

But none of that matters if Trump goes in, refuses a transfer of power at the end and we get some dumb aristocracy that decides whatever they want with no real presidential elections for decades.

It was the conservatives in orange man's cabinet that kept him from just declaring himself king. If elected again and orange man surrounds himself with people more like him, yea they'd just declaring themselves royalty and that's it.

Why Biden is hooking in anyone to vote for him. But if the Dems pull this "vote for us or you'll never be able to vote again" through elevating anti-democratic people on the other side like they've been doing for 8 years now, then I wouldn't think voting is the answer to anything.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:35 am

journo wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:59 am
I agree that Trump, in practice, was less of a foreign war president than any Democratic or Republican in a long while.
Yeah.
journo wrote:
But none of that matters if Trump goes in, refuses a transfer of power at the end and we get some dumb aristocracy that decides whatever they want with no real presidential elections for decades.
That won't happen, and even if it did, I don't really see how much would change for better or worse.
journo wrote:
It was the conservatives in orange man's cabinet that kept him from just declaring himself king. If elected again and orange man surrounds himself with people more like him, yea they'd just declaring themselves royalty and that's it.
This is just DNC fearmongering to stop anyone from doing any real action (like the rail strike) because we have to stop "fascism" (which can apparently be stopped simply by voting).
journo wrote:
Why Biden is hooking in anyone to vote for him. But if the Dems pull this "vote for us or you'll never be able to vote again" through elevating anti-democratic people on the other side like they've been doing for 8 years now, then I wouldn't think voting is the answer to anything.
It already isn't on a national level. Possibly still useful on a state or county-city level, but only if you have a real left-wing populist movement operating there (which does not exist as of now).
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:32 pm

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:35 am
journo wrote:
This is just DNC fearmongering to stop anyone from doing any real action
That's not DNC propaganda it's literally right from the former vice president's mouth, on Fox News, a Republican outlet

You can watch him say it on video here, in a longer context. https://www.mediaite.com/tv/pence-hamme ... -election/
President Trump demanded that I use my authority as vice president, presiding over the count of the Electoral College to essentially overturn the election by returning or literally rejecting votes. I had no [legitimate] authority to do that.