New Wikipediocracy blog post, BY FRAM!!!!111 ROFL

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: New Wikipediocracy blog post, BY FRAM!!!!111 ROFL

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:07 pm

I note with some amusement that Wikipedia Administrator Ched appears to be mindlessly churning through articles, using the Shortdesk helper gadget to import the article's short description from Wikidata into Wikipedia, which, as per the garbage thesis submitted by Fram unquestioned to Wikipediocracy, we are meant to believe makes it easier to protect it from vandalism.

Keen eyed observers will see that Ched couldn't possibly be talking the time to properly check each one properly, all he is doing is visually checking the introduction of the Wikipedia article matches the Wikidata short description and clicking 'Import'.

So all that needs to happen is Ched stumbles upon an article whose introduction is already wrong because it has been subtly vandalized (which someone as equally inept will have used to populate Wikidats as a shortdesc), and voila, thanks to Fram, the vandalized information will be even harder to get rid of from the precious encyclopedia of record, the Holy en.wiki, because who would believe the local text and the local short description could be wrong? Unpossible!

It's real tempting to go fuck with some articles (and their wikidata) just to see if Ched will mindlessly hoover it up. But that would be unethical, right? I mean, I got no qualms treating Ched as a lab rat, but I don't like the idea of deliberately messing up an innocent person's Wikipedia biography.

-------

Post-script.

Hilariously, literally without even looking for it, I already spotted this clear evidence Ched is just mindlessly button mashing......
The Arizona Wildcat (1927 film) ‎ Importing Wikidata short description: "1928 film by Roy William Neill" (Shortdesc helper)