Meet Midsize Jake, the jelly headed sap behind the world's most useless Wikipedia critic forum

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Meet Midsize Jake, the jelly headed sap behind the world's most useless Wikipedia critic forum

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:00 am

Why was I not surprised to see this comment from him on the joke forum (about the Tucker Carlson show).......
Honestly, I don't see how you could watch that show (or Fox News in general, I suppose) over an extended period of time and not end up hating everyone and everything, everywhere, including yourself. But hey, YMMV, I guess.
Does that sound like something a serious critic would say? Let alone the head of a serious critic's website.

A serious critic can watch shit they find abhorrent, for the sake of being a knowledgeable and powerful critic. It's the fucking job, right?

If only John Oliver was interested in Wikipedia criticism. He took down Carlson magnificently (and by extension, America, so lol), and it's clear he and his team can only do that by watching hours and hours of the stuff. Months of it, I think he said.

Cla68
Sucks

Re: Meet Midsize Jake, the jelly headed sap behind the world's most useless Wikipedia critic forum

Post by Cla68 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:02 pm

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:00 am
Why was I not surprised to see this comment from him on the joke forum (about the Tucker Carlson show).......
Honestly, I don't see how you could watch that show (or Fox News in general, I suppose) over an extended period of time and not end up hating everyone and everything, everywhere, including yourself. But hey, YMMV, I guess.
Does that sound like something a serious critic would say? Let alone the head of a serious critic's website.

A serious critic can watch shit they find abhorrent, for the sake of being a knowledgeable and powerful critic. It's the fucking job, right?

If only John Oliver was interested in Wikipedia criticism. He took down Carlson magnificently (and by extension, America, so lol), and it's clear he and his team can only do that by watching hours and hours of the stuff. Months of it, I think he said.
It's an ad hominem attack that attempts to appeal to emotion. It's a common tactic used by the left nowadays, although political activists of all stripes have used it and will likely continue to do so. You will see more and more attacks on Carlson by leftists over the coming months, because Carlson and Laura Ingraham are currently the only major political pundits on mainstream media who are criticizing the various initiatives being pushed by the global corporate establishment, such as mandatory COVID vaccinations.