Wikipediocracy launches ArbCom case against ScottyWong

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
boredbird
Sucks Mod

Re: Wikipediocracy launches ArbCom case against ScottyWong

Post by boredbird » Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:28 am

Boink Boink wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:40 am
Scottywong should just retire, and then embark on a ten year long harassment campaign against Beeblebrox and Floquenbeam to expose the hypocrisy at their very core. Show them how revenge is really done.
He's welcome to come over here.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:06 am

boredbird wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:28 am
God, I'd love to see that happen. But I seriously doubt he will. Too many WP critics have taken turns pointing out the turds floating in his river of self-serving arrogance. People like that never apologize, nor do they admit anything.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:51 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:06 am
boredbird wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 3:28 am
God, I'd love to see that happen. But I seriously doubt he will. Too many WP critics have taken turns pointing out the turds floating in his river of self-serving arrogance. People like that never apologize, nor do they admit anything.
Should I send him the template message? I mean this one.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:15 pm

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 2:51 pm
Should I send him the template message? I mean this one.
Waste of effort virtually guaranteed. Use a WP message and he'll just block your account. Emails will be ignored.

scott.wieser@biamp.com

Go ahead and try if you wish. Report back.

He MIGHT show up on WPO, if he hasn't done so already. Because he knows that any attempt to abuse or interrogate him will be shut down quickly by Wee Billy and Tarantino, because "SAFE SPACE" and all that dishonest guff.

Finally closed it 2 days ago. Shit--might as well post the final result. Typical. The little cowardly bastard blocked himself the DAY BEFORE the order came down. And Konkno has bailed, so an "interaction ban" is utterly useless.

Gee golly, it only took Wikipedia ELEVEN YEARS to figure out that Mr. Wieser was a bad administrator.....
Scottywong desysopped

1) For failure to meet the conduct standards expected of an administrator, Scottywong's administrative user rights are removed. Scottywong may regain them at any time via a successful request for adminship.

Passed 9 to 0 with 1 abstention at 17:32, 10 July 2023 (UTC)

Scottywong and ಮಲ್ನಾಡಾಚ್ ಕೊಂಕ್ಣೊ interaction ban

4) Scottywong (talk · contribs) and ಮಲ್ನಾಡಾಚ್ ಕೊಂಕ್ಣೊ (talk · contribs) are indefinitely prohibited from interacting with, or commenting on, each other anywhere on Wikipedia (subject to the ordinary exceptions).

Passed 7 to 2 at 17:32, 10 July 2023 (UTC)

rubricatedseedpod
Sucks

Post by rubricatedseedpod » Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:42 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:15 pm
He MIGHT show up on WPO, if he hasn't done so already.
He has, unless the account there is run by some LARPer. He mainly took the opportunity to laugh at Vigilant and Beeblebrox, but not without spewing some final self-defense about his four previous apologies or whatever.
Editing Wikipedia is not a substitute for being a person.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:16 pm

rubricatedseedpod wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:42 pm
He has, unless the account there is run by some LARPer. He mainly took the opportunity to laugh at Vigilant and Beeblebrox, but not without spewing some final self-defense about his four previous apologies or whatever.
That reminds me: forgot to do a username search and there was a "Scottywong". In the 2020 Arbcom thread he said things like this (when he wasn't bitching about Eric Corbett, something a lot of people like to do):
https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 82#p277382
https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 61#p277461

You're right. That's basically what he did--act defensively. And he did, in fact, create the article about his own employer, which was later totally deleted, leaving very little trace.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ng_and_COI
He also did the CobraNet article and fought with Corbett over it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... &limit=500

He didn't show up on WPO very much, and in February of this year Vigina and Somey managed to piss him off, and he never returned.
https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 74#p304074

Is that really Scott Wieser? I'm going with a fifty-fifty split....clearly an asshole either way

Once again: THEY HAD ELEVEN YEARS TO FIGURE OUT HE WAS BAD NEWS. It is all classic Wikipedia inside pool. Petty and dishonest. When shit explodes, lie and deny and cover it all up. And their shit explodes routinely.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:00 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:15 pm
He MIGHT show up on WPO, if he hasn't done so already. Because he knows that any attempt to abuse or interrogate him will be shut down quickly by Wee Billy and Tarantino, because "SAFE SPACE" and all that dishonest guff.
many such cases

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:11 am

Looks like he was "serious" (so far)
Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 20-08-35 User contributions for Scottywong - Wikipedia.png
Screenshot 2023-08-25 at 20-08-35 User contributions for Scottywong - Wikipedia.png (27.08 KiB) Viewed 702 times
If anyone cares (which is doubtful), check the professional audio content for any socks. And watch his little butt-buddy Binksternet for "unusual interactions".

journo
Sucks Fan

Post by journo » Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:33 pm

I mostly stopped browsing Wikipediocracy after a veteran (mod?) created an OP with a thread title that contained a URL that was basically malware. Was some wikipedia fork with a .su domain. I clicked on it, and got a weird download the auto-opened. Reinstalled my OS and stopped visiting there.

Possible they didn't know it had malware, but that's the first time in over 2 decades I had ever gotten malware from just visiting a site. Creeped me out.
Last edited by journo on Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:29 pm

journo wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:33 pm
I stopped browsing Wikipediocracy after a veteran created an OP with a link to malware. Was some wikipedia fork with a .su domain. I clicked on it, and got a weird download the auto-opened. Reinstalled my OS and stopped visiting there.

Possible they didn't know it had malware, but that's the first time in over 2 decades I had ever gotten malware from just clicking a hyperlink. Creeped me out.
That's hilarious. Could you give us some more background?
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.