Poetlister

For serious discussion of the "major" forum for Wikipedia criticism and how it fails.
zordrac
Sucks

Re: Poetlister

Post by zordrac » Mon Jun 19, 2023 11:58 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:35 pm
zordrac wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:33 am
By the way, SlimVirgin wasn't the guilty party. She simply protected the guilty parties. I have forgotten the names of the people who were harassing Poetlister but it wasn't SlimVirgin. SV was just a moron in dealing with this. She wasn't the abusive one.
She was ALWAYS the abusive one. Unlike most other abusive Wikipedians, she was very sneaky and had a talent for covering her tracks. Mostly by inducing other lunatics to cover things up for her.

Remember the stupid shit that happened to the article about the tiny village of Swalwell, Alberta? That was ALL her. Because it was being rumored in 2007-08 that SlimVirgin lived there. (Only after she died did we find out she was living in Saskatoon with her husband and former newspaper editor Steve Gibb. The whole stupid Swalwell thing was a misdirection--and unquestionably she was behind it. We've got a long thread covering the story.) I will NEVER understand why so many people LIKED her, even some editors who were victimized by her.
Somey, Mistress Selina Kyle and Cato all acted like the same person on Wikipedia Review, so I reckon they were probably all the same person.
Y'know, when Wikipediocracy first started in 2012, Somey showed up and told us he was "James Somers", a semi-retired US government employee currently living in Omaha, Nebraska. Everyone else believed "him", but I was, and still am, suspicious of who would have such a long history of skating vaguley around the raw edges of Wikipedia, while dropping half-baked jokes here and there. And rarely posting ANY useful or insightful analysis of what WPers were doing or trashing that week. That is the pure definition of a "dilettante".

And I still have no idea what the hell Kato/Cato was on WR. Just like Wikipedia, that bloody forum was crawling with sockpuppets. Wikipediocracy still is -- and will deny it hotly.
With regards to SlimVirgin, I am well aware that she was the abusive one in other issues, but not to do with Poetlister, at least not the bit that I investigated. She was hiding the abuse by others and covering up for the abuse of others, but she didn't initiate anything. I am sure that it was someone else, but I can't remember who. I seem to recall it being at least 2 people, plus they were using sockpuppets to continue the abuse. Poetlister's rationale for using his own sockpuppets was to combat the sockpuppets by the people abusing him, which actually seems fair enough to me.

However, it also should be noted that Poetlister had quite valid non-abusive reasons for the various accounts.

Firstly, Poetlister, the real person, was transgender. So him playing a female character was not completely dishonest. He went to BDSM clubs and wore female clothing. He hadn't had a sex change operation and he kept his private life private, but him roleplaying as a woman went far beyond Wikipedia.

Taxwoman was more like his real account. He was a tax accountant, and in real life he roleplayed as a woman.

Poetlister was his fake good account, which was also kind of like his real account but his nice side.

His different accounts he used to write about different things. They were roles. He was using role accounts.

Anyway, as for Somey, I could never prove absolutely that Somey was Mistress Selina Kyle, let alone Cato, but I will explain why I thought so.

I got a job working in a remote area and didn't have access to the internet (or phones) for about 6 months, other than a couple of brief periods of about 2 days at a time when we were on break, which happened twice. During this time, all hell broke loose on Wikipedia Review, as all of the original members tried to take Wikipedia Review back off Mistress Selina Kyle, who was noted to not be one of the original members, and who only had access to the code because she offered to make a pretty website for us. She did that too, then was supposed to go back to regular user level. But she then refused to, claiming that the rationale was because Igor Alexander was secretly a Nazi and she needed to protect us from being affiliated with Nazis. It was completely ridiculous and her doing that made us look like Nazis. Worse was to come when someone accused me of being a Nazi, though I can't remember the logic of it. There was no reason to ban Igor Alexander, as he was the original creator of Wikipedia Review. Anyone who didn't respect that was a thief and a phoney.

Sadly, they had this big fight while I was off working remotely and had no internet access or any way to do anything about it. While it was true that I could have contacted the web hosts to remove Mistress Selina Kyle's access, as our web hosts were in USA and I am in Australia that would have been very difficult to arrange, as I'd need to be making international phone calls in the middle of the night at great costs and it would take a long time to do. I've done things like that before, but it takes 2 or 3 days to achieve, sometimes longer. I simply didn't have the time to do it.

When I came back, all of the founding members were banned, except for me. I wasn't banned. I was then told to shut up about it or else it will make us look bad, and Mistress Selina Kyle, plus her new friends Herschelle Krustofsky, Daniel Brandt, Somey and Cato, would hurt me.

Now, Herschelle Krustofsky had a long history as a Lyndon Larouche supporter. I don't know why I was claimed to be a conspiracy theorist when he actually was. He tried to convince me to go with him but I completely disagreed, maybe because I'm not a conspiracy theorist. I had the same sort of issue with Daniel Brandt, who, while not a complete conspiracy theorist, is totally anti-government, quite irrationally so. I didn't want to be affiliated with Daniel Brandt's stalking of people. I was okay with us being friends with him but I didn't want him to be advertising us as being on the same side as him because some of the things he did were very bad.

But then we had Somey and Cato who had no history at all outside of Wikipedia Review, and both of them suddenly appeared in the 6 months that I had no internet access, while I was working remotely.

Somey and Cato had the same feel to them. Somey sounded so knowledgeable while Cato was very sneaky. Cato had plots to lie to people and about people to get them in trouble while Somey was more diplomatic.

After someone pointed out that Mistress Selina Kyle, like Poetlister, was actually a guy, I realised that, minus the femininity of MSK, she was the same as Somey/Cato, and it was quite plausible that all 3 were the same person.

Mistress Selina Kyle was very manipulative and dishonest on Wikipedia and on Wikipedia Review. She actually used Wikipedia Review to get unbanned from Wikipedia, while getting me and others who were on short-term bans from Wikipedia made permanent, all to further her aims. She was secretly badmouthing me to all and sundry, as she did to all of the other founding members.

I decided that enough was enough so made the phone calls to remove Mistress Selina Kyle's access, only to find that 2 months earlier they had secretly moved servers, and the one that I owned no longer had the website attached. I still owned wikipediareview.com but they now owned somewhere else that hosted it, and they threatened me that if I ran a copy of Wikipedia Review that they'd sue me for copyright - and hack me.

I could have still done it, and we could have had two Wikipedia Reviews, and I asked the founding members if they wanted to get involved, but none of them were interested, so I let it slide, though I posted the proof that I was the legitimate owner.

Cato banned me - which was odd, considering he didn't have any access rights - then Somey officially did it - and then Mistress Selina Kyle did it.

I was banned from my own site for being the owner.

And in banning me they proved that they were all the same person.

I could never prove it beyond my own knowledge of the truth, but I could most definitely prove that they acted as one person.

I considered starting up my own Wikipedia Review but never had the support. I did open up a free one, but never had enough to talk about on my own, and Somey/Cato/MSK tried to shut it down pretty much immediately.

I tried to go to Wikipediocracy but they wouldn't let me go, claiming things that simply weren't true about me, presumably due to Somey/Cato/MSK's influence.

According to some people on Wikipediocracy, I am the same person as Poetlister.

Yet they release my real name publicly without my permission and against my wishes, and Poetlister's real life identity is well known now.

We are clearly not the same person, but I am accused of making all sorts of accounts that are not me at all.