"Wikipedia is getting its first desktop redesign in 10 years"

Because no one else is doing it--not even the media.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

"Wikipedia is getting its first desktop redesign in 10 years"

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:24 am

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/23/2145 ... esign-2021
This will make it much easier to navigate longer pages!
my fucking ASS. Why don't they make the many obscenely long and weird articles shorter and better laid out instead? Why don't they cut down angry jabbery screeds about political people the insiders hate, for instance William Barr? Does the world need unreadable shit like this, now one of the longest articles on en-WP?

Seen this lately? 1,152 articles and files. Right at the top it mentions that this article, about a non-existent commission, should be deleted. It's not being deleted.

We get it, nerds, you hate the Trump administration. I don't like it either, but *I* don't generate 200 million spluttery words about it. I don't attempt to use a "reference website" to sway the 2020 election. Not convinced very many (IF ANY) people will have their vote flipped by the Wiki-Splutter.

Far and away, currently the longest article on en-wiki is this pile of shit. 734k bytes, 1187 references, and growing. Is anyone gonna vote for Biden after seeing this vast pile of names? Prove it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J ... dorsements

In 20 years, will anyone even care about all this idiocy? Any bets that most of the articles under the Trump Wikiproject will be deleted someday, for being "outdated" or "without references"?

Bah.

Dr Mario
Sucks

Re: "Wikipedia is getting its first desktop redesign in 10 years"

Post by Dr Mario » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:00 am

Is this done since wikipedia is desktop looks as ugly as it has always been.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: "Wikipedia is getting its first desktop redesign in 10 years"

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:06 am

the popup window when you hover on an internal link is a good idea. The rest of this "redesign" doesn't seem to make much difference. My point is: THE CONTENT STILL HAS THE SAME OLD PROBLEMS. They are literally putting lipstick on a pig.