Mail+

Because no one else is doing it--not even the media.
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Mail+

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:26 pm

To nobody's great surprise I am hoping, it took the wikishits all of five seconds to add the new platform Mail+ to the source ban that already applies to Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday and MailOnline.

They did this even though this new platform has a different business model to MailOnline, being a subscription service, and is publishing its own exclusive content, notably podcasts and videos, in addition to the traditional award winning pieces of the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday.

There was a debate to be had here, at the very minimum an assement period, if the ban on the "Mail" was based on some logical reasoning and sober analysis of what makes a source reliable.

There was no debate, other than the perfunctory confirmation that this wasn't some other "Mail".

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... aily_Mail?

This is of course because their ban on all things "Mail" has never been fact based. It has never been about the sober and unbiased consideration of evidence.

It's about their politics and their prejudice, jealousy and hate.

This is just the next Chapter.

I do feel bad for them, as they clearly still hold out hope that their ban has some effect on British politics and indeed life, that it somehow persuades people Wikipedia isn't biased and is trustworthy.

Spoiler alert. It hasn't.

:lol:

Which of course doesn't mean they don't thoroughly deserve everything that is coming to them for having attempted such a thing.

Evil needs an answer. Permanent political irrelevance isn't enough. Living the lives of utter losers, isn't enough.

HTD.

:flamingbanana:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Mail+

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 pm

You did notice, I hope, that EVERY time the Daily Mail comes up, Gerard pops out of his cardboard coffin and screeches "BURN IT", right? Most Wiki-Jeremiads are the obsession of one or two insiders. He has plenty of supporters but it is a "soft" support. If he were not pushing behind the scenes, the other admins would not give a damn either way.

That fat old gothic freak has survived any number of stupid battles. I suspect that if Jimbo were not protecting Gerard he would have been tossed 10 years ago.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:40 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:52 pm
That fat old gothic freak has survived any number of stupid battles. I suspect that if Jimbo were not protecting Gerard he would have been tossed 10 years ago.
Freak goes a long way with them though. Like a circus and the Elephant Man.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:25 am

Dave-boy Gerard and his old Scientology-fighting friends probably have something on our ex-Southern wannabe squire Sir Jimbo of Wales (Fluffernutter farts loudly in the distance like a king's horn)....thus Gerard stays on, resembling his 1990s "glory" less and less and looking more and more like a failed clone of Alfred Hitchcock every day. Also the book on crypto-currencies has made him an "expert" on the subject, and we can't kick out the home-grown "geniuses" like OrangeMike.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.