Chelsea Manning

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Chelsea Manning

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:26 am

These idiots are still desperately trying to keep any mention of her suicide attempt/cry for help out of Wikipedia.

They asked for evidence of continuing coverage, and unsurprisingly, that has now come in the form of Manning herself using the police reaction it triggered (out of concern for her safety) to make a last ditch effort to resurrect her campaign.

https://www.advocate.com/transgender/20 ... med-police

Still not good enough for them.

If this were a British campaign and Wikipedia was a regulated outlet like the BBC, I could have probably got these idiots taken to court for actual breaches of the law by now. This is lying by ommission, a clear cut breach of any reasonable person's idea of what being neutral or simply informative actually means.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Re: Chelsea Manning

Post by sashi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:55 pm

For the record, at this point, I agree with you. If Manning feels strong enough to be using the story to push out rhetoric about the police state, they should be ready to accept that Wikipedia includes some facts that some will unkindly interpret as "being a drama-queen". I'll bet she doesn't really care, because she believes her comments about the police state are at least as true as the rhetoric about her being a drama queen.

It's true that the US loves their prison industry & their not entirely infrequent enforcement mishaps. And it's also true that Manning has been in the limelight for quite some time now.