Don't have a Bat-Cow, man

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
The End
Sucks Fan

Don't have a Bat-Cow, man

Post by The End » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:17 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat-Cow

Something about this whole article just screams "hoax." And whose going to double check all these obscure comic books to confirm if it's real, partly real, or not real at all? I know Batman has a dog, but no other animals.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Re: Bat-Cow

Post by Carrite » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:55 am

The End wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat-Cow

Something about this whole article just screams "hoax." And whose going to double check all these obscure comic books to confirm if it's real, partly real, or not real at all? I know Batman has a dog, but no other animals.

In-universe cruft that would be about a 1-in-20 underdog to survive a Bat-AfD nomination...

RfB
Attachments
JustBecauseItsAThingDoesntMeanItsEncyclopedic.png
JustBecauseItsAThingDoesntMeanItsEncyclopedic.png (206.32 KiB) Viewed 6140 times

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:22 am

It's a sad reality of Wikipedia that a hoax written about comic books would be spotted in seconds, so it's obviously true. Hasn't got a chance of being deleted, it's a merge at best, if that's all there is to say about it. Now that it has been higlighted, you can expect it to be completely rewritten by a certain Dutch poetry professor, insulting the original authors in the process for funking up their "beautiful project" with their in-universe style and otherwise oddly confusing prose (was the cow transformed before or after their mission to the slaughterhouse? more at ten), if he doesn't just immediately redirect it for lack of secondary sourcing, and when he's not looking someone else will recreate it, citing BRD. If a debate even ensues, which is not a guarantee, it would end up with a decision to merge. Timmy needs to accept he doesn't really have a good handle on the demographics of the Wikipedia community. He wishes they would be horrified and just delete it with prejudice as wholly "unencyclopedic", just like he wishes "girth summit" doesn't have a widely understood toilet humour meaning. Wikipedia is built by dreamers, all that differentiates each of them, is their level of detachment from the real world. His people are wierd. Wikipedia is weird.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:19 pm

CrowsNest wrote:His people are wierd. Wikipedia is weird.

......What does that say about people who spend all their free time obsessively ranting about the inner machinations of Wikipedia?

Luck E. Guesser wrote:
Timbo the Great wrote:In-universe cruft that would be about a 1-in-20 underdog to survive a Bat-AfD nomination...

Hasn't got a chance of being deleted, it's a merge at best, if that's all there is to say about it. Now that it has been higlighted, you can expect it to be completely rewritten by a certain Dutch poetry professor, insulting the original authors in the process for funking up their "beautiful project" with their in-universe style and otherwise oddly confusing prose (was the cow transformed before or after their mission to the slaughterhouse? more at ten), if he doesn't just immediately redirect it for lack of secondary sourcing, and when he's not looking someone else will recreate it, citing BRD. If a debate even ensues, which is not a guarantee, it would end up with a decision to merge. Timmy needs to accept he doesn't really have a good handle on the demographics of the Wikipedia community.

Tell ya what, Mr. Crow, if you lay down five dollars against my five quid to charity, I will run Bat-Cow through AfD. I've got DELETE and REDIRECT for outcomes, and you've got KEEP and MERGE for the win.

Deal?

Or, phrased in more comprehensible terms: put up or shut up.

RfB

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:47 pm

Ach, come on with you for ever cowshit Timmy.

What happend in the inner machinations of Wikipedia is sick, soul sucking and deep corrupt.

What do you expect to find here, peeps who say well done? People who want to build a tree house community with as safe space to find a consensus?

Peeps who want to built brandnew, strong bridges to your guys tree houses? :roll:

Come on, Timmy. The idea is the same sick minded as the rest, Tim.

Or, phrased in more comprehensible terms: Just fuck off here with your cowshit.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:18 pm

Timmy needs the incentive of money before he will do what he thinks would improve Wikipedia? Yup, sounds about right. If he's not demanding free shit, he's asking to get paid more than minimum wage for doing something I could literally train a monkey to do.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:37 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Timmy needs the incentive of money before he will do what he thinks would improve Wikipedia? Yup, sounds about right. If he's not demanding free shit, he's asking to get paid more than minimum wage for doing something I could literally train a monkey to do.

Your official new name is ChickenNest.

What a fucking coward. You run your fucking mouth nonstop but are utterly, laughably, mockably gutless about backing it up with even minimal coin.

Coward!

You're not a "punk ass bitch," but you are demonstrably a whiny little pussy...

RfB

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:28 pm

Carrite wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:Timmy needs the incentive of money before he will do what he thinks would improve Wikipedia? Yup, sounds about right. If he's not demanding free shit, he's asking to get paid more than minimum wage for doing something I could literally train a monkey to do.

Your official new name is ChickenNest.

What a fucking coward. You run your fucking mouth nonstop but are utterly, laughably, mockably gutless about backing it up with even minimal coin.

Coward!

You're not a "punk ass bitch," but you are demonstrably a whiny little pussy...
What a surprise. You couldn't think of anything to say except repeat what I've said to you in the past few days. Childish. The coward here is the one whose been ignoring the substance my posts for ages, and then does this. A Wikipedian to your core.

No wonder Kumioko liked this post, it's all he can manage as well. You've succeeded in lowering yourself right down to his level. Embarassing.

To think, you sad bastards genuine think this has a bad effect on me. These more you two prove you are exactly what I've said you are, the better I look. So don't ever change. ;)

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:54 pm

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:02 pm

Ah, the Davenport family album. Cherished memories!

:D

The serious answer seems to have got lost in the post, yet again.

Oh Timmy, you and your organizational difficulties. Even Kumioko can work a keyboard correctly, more's the pity.