Wikipedia's article on sadist figurehead, genuine rape advocate, and abuser of prostitutes reads like fanfiction

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Wikipedia's article on sadist figurehead, genuine rape advocate, and abuser of prostitutes reads like fanfiction

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:04 am

not gonna stop, are you?

Don't be surprised if they start an RFC against you, and David Gerard is one of the biggest complainants. You are not merely playing with fire, sir; you are playing with Wiki-Nukes. The eventual outcome is predictable. After months of public handwringing and private back-stabbing, they will not stop until they Global Ban your ass.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Re: Wikipedia's article on sadist figurehead, genuine rape advocate, and abuser of prostitutes reads like fanfiction

Post by wexter » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:04 am

not gonna stop, are you?

Don't be surprised if they start an RFC against you, and David Gerard is one of the biggest complainants. You are not merely playing with fire, sir; you are playing with Wiki-Nukes. The eventual outcome is predictable. After months of public handwringing and private back-stabbing, they will not stop until they Global Ban your ass.
"Sadism" cannot be the calling of the MDS <-thanks to Dave G the Unix-Eunuch Admin.

And here we are a Crypto Connection

https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-h ... lockchain/

(he might not be wrong he is just an slovely nerd idiot)

And this is the "self-published" autistic-moron you are dealing with;

David Gerard is a Unix system administrator by day. His job includes keeping track of exciting new technologies and advising against the bad ones. He was previously an award-winning music journalist, and has blogged about music at Rocknerd.co.uk since 2001. He is a volunteer spokeswoman for Wikipedia, and is on the board of the RationalMedia Foundation, host of skeptical wiki RationalWiki.org. His website is davidgerard.co.uk. He lives in east London with his spouse Arkady and their daughter. Until he reinstalled the laptop they were on, he was the proud owner of six Dogecoins.

Wikipedia is not enough for him; he drinks all the Wiki-Kool aid

On "err-rational wiki" he gets to play judge, jury, and executioner (ex-o-puke-troner) of the wiki-multiverse.
We get to see his ugly puss here; https://everipedia.org/wiki/lang_en/david-gerard-1
And his ugly puss is here; https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/about/

The Unix (Eunuch) Boob "filmed for 60 Minutes Australia - here he is in a fashionable squid T shirt and blazer

https://youtu.be/6IRgSSBPrWY

It doesn't take a genius to know a bored ape ain't no ordinary one dollar monkey - He sort of looks like a bored ape don't he!
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:30 am

wexter wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:04 am
We get to see his ugly puss here; https://everipedia.org/wiki/lang_en/david-gerard-1
And his ugly puss is here; https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/about/
https://youtu.be/6IRgSSBPrWY
You really don't keep up, do you? We are all extremely aware of Gerard's history. I have a massive file on it.

Do I really need to send you a copy? Knowing Gerard he probably idolizes the Marquis as a "hero of the libertine" or some such crap.

oranges33
Sucks Fan

Post by oranges33 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:54 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:04 am
not gonna stop, are you?

I stopped editing wikipedia.

Like you, I don't really have an emotional connection to Wikipedia. One can just make own content that gets as many views as individual pages on WP, and it's preferable to editing Wikipedia.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Thu Jun 09, 2022 4:05 pm

You really don't keep up, do you? We are all extremely aware of Gerard's history. I have a massive file on it.
On an individual basis; The "cast of characters" is new to me.. At this point I am seeing the same limited number of footprints all over Wikipedia. The story behind each person tends to be similar;

--A technical guy that does not fit
--An autistic person that does not fit in
--People without critical thinking skills
--Folks without a life
--Then there are a few people who are validating self through recognition in the press
--Folks that got "eaten" having wasted many years on Wikipedia

I would say that there are only about 100 key people and all of them are abnormal.

The note I sent out to the CEO of Google in February, well it looks like I am getting a reply.
Generally, Google is non-communicative therefore someone "considered" the note sent out regarding their overreliance on Wikipedia.

TRACKING NUMBER 77707xxxxxxx

FROM GOOGLE LLC
1600 AMPHITHEATRE PKWY
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, US, 94043

TO Wexter
REFERENCE 6L1
SHIPPER REFERENCE 6L1
SHIP DATE Wed 6/08/2022 03:33 PM
PACKAGING TYPE FedEx Envelope
ORIGIN MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, US, 94043

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:32 pm

Google replied to my letter from their legal department, the letter worked its way from the CEO to Google's in house counsel. Google framed my letter as a legal concern when in fact it was a qualitative concern about their overreliance on Wikipedia and my wish to "fire" Wikipedia from my Google search results. Nobody at Google read the letter!

And by the way; Don't bother the CEO with a legal concern; next time use this online form; speak to the hand not the face. Yes sir, can I have another! My letter could in no way be construed as a legal concern! Yes sir, can I have another!

They went on to explain that search prioritization was algorithmic and therefore immutable.

To quote myself, "As long as you realize that you live in a third world banana republic you will have no problems whatsoever."

Did you read what I said in my letter? Did you think about what I was saying and why? Did you consider what I was saying and why I was saying it.

The answer would be no.

The same tone can be found on Wikipedia. "I have the high ground, you have the low ground, I don't need to listen to what you are saying, consider what you are saying, think about things, and then adjust to facts as needed."

Did you understand why the word "sadism" has its roots in the Marquis de Sade? Do you understand (or care) that Britanica makes the connection?

Do you understand that the Marquis de Sade is not notable for "sadism" that his life and works spawned the xerox of that word as an eponym?

The answer would be no. I have the high ground as a Wikipedian. Fuck off! you peon.

It is all cultural at this point; with the "virtual world" on the cusp of being trumped by the tangible reality of shortages as the pie of real stuff gets sliced into smaller and smaller portions. The majority of the "pie" is in the hands of a few bad players be they Google or Wikipedia. Did I expect more to come of my letter? No.. Was I hopeful that someone would read it and think about the overview? My bad!

To younger folk I would say read, "Mission Earth" by L Ron Hubbard. <-- totally predictive of our predicament, complete with catamites that would make the MDS proud.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:50 pm

wexter wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:32 pm
Google replied to my letter from their legal department, the letter worked its way from the CEO to Google's in house counsel. Google framed my letter as a legal concern when in fact it was a qualitative concern about their overreliance on Wikipedia and my wish to "fire" Wikipedia from my Google search results. Nobody at Google read the letter!
Once again, I could have told you to save your postage and time. They exploit Wikipedia, and return the favor by funneling as much traffic as possible to Wikipedia. And Google and Google employees donate millions of hard dollars to the WMF routinely. No outsider can interfere with this relationship. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR EFFORT.

You want change? Either start pushing for Section 230 reform, or buy a bunch of Alphabet stock and start showing up at shareholder meetings to protest the WMF relationship. I understand there are a couple of other people doing it already--you can start a club.

oranges33
Sucks Fan

Post by oranges33 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:01 pm

Most of the issues described in the OP have since been rectified by editors. And with proper sources