One of my old articles from years ago is AfD and some poor soul is Suspected as Sockpuppeting

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
Natonstan
Sucks Noob

One of my old articles from years ago is AfD and some poor soul is Suspected as Sockpuppeting

Post by Natonstan » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:58 pm

So years back I got banned and I spent the better part of two years Sockpuppeting on a ton of accounts, I haven't touched Wikipedia in at least a year, out of the blue yesterday I get an email in my email account that was linked to my sock that one of my old articles is nominated for deletion for being non-notable:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Staniforth

Fair enough, it looks like a few people have added sources/references so I'm sure it'll pass, but now out of the blue I get an email saying some randomer is being accused of being a sockpuppet of my original account, and I swear I have no idea who this poor soul is, the paranoia is real with this one :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... s/HordeFTL

badmachine
Sucker

Re: One of my old articles from years ago is AfD and some poor soul is Suspected as Sockpuppeting

Post by badmachine » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:24 am

the only 3 votes so far are "keep"

i wonder how Flibirigit ran across this particular article. their account was created in 2006, they seems to do a lot of editing their sandbox. if i didnt know better i would say they are inflating their edit count.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Re: One of my old articles from years ago is AfD and some poor soul is Suspected as Sockpuppeting

Post by Ognistysztorm » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:32 am

Three unanimous keep votes so far with some WP:HEY expansion. Looks like it's going towards a snowball early "keep" closure.

DexterPointy
Sucks

Post by DexterPointy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:42 pm

Yup, it's going to survive alright.
And who the hell cares. It's just some boring rudimentary info about some "random" guy.

Though! It is "funny" how some random human gets to be anointed sock-puppet.
Shouldn't a Sock of the Year prize be instated :mrgreen:

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:19 pm

DexterPointy wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:42 pm
It's just some boring rudimentary info about some "random" guy.
Not quite "random". Look at the previous AFD attempt from 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... Staniforth

Look into "Izzat Kutebar" if you want to see a Twinkle-driving deletionist patroller in action. A Brit who is deeply fond of Greek history. Left WP soon after "because of the the abject failure of administrators to assist with a suitable account for a disabled user". In fact, he asked Bbb23 for help, and the Bbb monster told him to get lost. Had only been on WP from May to August 2018. Unquestionably a sock belonging to an experienced user.