Articles Wikipedia should have--but doesn't.

Good, bad, biased, paid or what-have-you. There's an endless supply.
badmachine
Sucker

Re: Articles Wikipedia should have--but doesn't | MISSING ARTICLES

Post by badmachine » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:45 pm

Bené Millinery, or its 100 year old owner "Vanilla Beane". Hatmaker to DC's decorated women, including famous African-American women like Maya Angelou and Dorothy Height, but also less successful people who menstruate, like famed radical leftist Muriel Bowser, allegedly famous for painting a street to own the orange man.

Despite being closed (per their website), probably because of the coronavirus, this centenarian American treasure was the subject of a Fox News retrospective during Chris Wallace's Sunday show. Yes in my old age i have become the Fox watching fatass i am supposed to hate as a former person of the left.

Dollars to donuts they will only create an article for her if she dies.

badmachine
Sucker

Re: Articles Wikipedia should have--but doesn't.

Post by badmachine » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:53 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:19 am
need another "notability thing"? How's this?

https://www.stlmag.com/design/a-decades ... zzo-to-it/
A beautiful home. I can see why the McCloskeys wanted to protect it, but i would suggest to them that they abandon it and flee. The Anonymous mob never forgives, never forgets, and is to be expected.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:21 am

badmachine wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:53 pm
A beautiful home. I can see why the McCloskeys wanted to protect it, but i would suggest to them that they abandon it and flee. The Anonymous mob never forgives, never forgets, and is to be expected.
Just curious, do you think Mark McCloskey should have a BLP at this point? I'm starting to wonder if the insiders are dodging this question because he's so notorious for suing anyone he doesn't like. It won't work against the WMF or "anonymous editors", many have tried and failed, but he's angry enough to try it anyway.

On 2nd thought....maybe a Dramatica article would be better.....preferably if he wrote it himself.....

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:23 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:21 am
badmachine wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:53 pm
Just curious, do you think Mark McCloskey should have a BLP at this point? I'm starting to wonder if the insiders are dodging this question because he's so notorious for suing anyone he doesn't like. It won't work against the WMF or "anonymous editors", many have tried and failed, but he's angry enough to try it anyway.

On 2nd thought....maybe a Dramatica article would be better.....preferably if he wrote it himself.....
I don't think he deserves a BLP but because the mob hates him, he is likely to get one. Wikipedia tends to side with the left on these things, iirc.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:32 am

badmachine wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:23 am
I don't think he deserves a BLP but because the mob hates him, he is likely to get one. Wikipedia tends to side with the left on these things, iirc.
nuff said. But I'm willing to bet that if it does happen, McCloskey will sue the WMF. And then said article will "magically disappear". Sort of like the way that Donny Long article on Dramatica disappeared.....

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:13 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:32 am
badmachine wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:23 am
nuff said. But I'm willing to bet that if it does happen, McCloskey will sue the WMF. And then said article will "magically disappear". Sort of like the way that Donny Long article on Dramatica disappeared.....
Apparently that deletion was after July 2017, because the article is pretty much intact, apparently it was restored in April. :shrug:

(edited)

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:28 am

badmachine wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 5:13 am
Apparently that deletion was after July 2017, because the article is pretty much intact, apparently it was restored in April. :shrug:
I can almost guarantee that Long will go after the new sysop "soon". ......

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:04 am

Anyone wanna take a stab at why this article disappeared? The hoax (which was a complicated one and many journalists fell for it) dates from 2009, the only two captures were taken in 2016. There is NO RFA and no speedy request and no explanation. Or anything. But it's STILL the top result if you google the name.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161125143 ... Foundation

The "foundation's website" wasn't pulled down until this year.
https://www.capitalfrontiers.com/single ... e-Creative

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:18 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:04 am
Anyone wanna take a stab at why this article disappeared? The hoax (which was a complicated one and many journalists fell for it) dates from 2009, the only two captures were taken in 2016. There is NO RFA and no speedy request and no explanation. Or anything. But it's STILL the top result if you google the name.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161125143 ... Foundation

The "foundation's website" wasn't pulled down until this year.
https://www.capitalfrontiers.com/single ... e-Creative
There might be more here but it looks like it was a proposed deletion, from none other than Grandpa Goth himself.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:37 am

badmachine wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:18 pm
There might be more here but it looks like it was a proposed deletion, from none other than Grandpa Goth himself.
Ha ha, I missed that. Good find. (Alison tells me that Gerard is currently on a demented crusade to remove all of the tens of thousands of links to the Daily Mail on en-WP. Lol.)

Famous tech blogger Ken Shirriff and his fans just did Wikipedia a big damn favor. Ya see, despite being used in a pile of Hewlett-Packard computers and instruments in the 1970s, Wikipedia had nothing about the HP Nanoprocessor, an early and very primitive microprocessor.

Until this month. Shirriff ran a lengthy article on his blog about the Nanoprocessor. Then some of his fans went on Wikipedia and put in a basic article. Shirriff himself even posted his photo of the chip artwork.

Sadly....it is my opinion that some officious little deletionist shit will try to AFD the article. Expect a half-assed excuse to be invented. Usually this happens within 6 months of creation.