Around the Administrators in 80 days....

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Kraken
Sucks Fan

Re: Around the Administrators in 80 days....

Post by Kraken » Fri May 10, 2024 9:54 am

Bovlb

A user with 6,171 edits. Account created on 2 March 2004.

Nominated by Thryduulf.

Final (26/0/1) ended 22:42 25 September 2005

Is there such a thing as a mini Admin?

They do a wide range of stuff as an editor and Admin, just not a lot of it.

Engaged persistently but very randomly. Racking up 1,800 edits in 2005 & 2008 were their isolated peak years, every other year has been anywhere between 400 and the low 10s. Really wierd.

Is it even allowed for nerd Admins to be this uninterested in Wikipedia?
Personal and business commitments leave me little time to contribute, but I try my best. Bovlb 08:28, 1 December 2007 (UTC)
Averaging ~55 edits per year for a decade doesn't feel like it should be enough to satisfy ACTIVE.

But it does.

Definitely a bit odd that someone with so little engagement is interested in battling LTAs and the dramas of the day.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1206622228

Literal Hobby Admins of the World Unite! :lol:

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Fri May 10, 2024 10:36 am

BozMo

A user with 14,161 edits. Account created on 5 April 2004

Self nomination.

Final (50/14/9); Ended Mon, 22 Jan 2007

Barely active, last 500 edits to back to 2012.

Spent more time on talk pages than mainspace.

Classic peak years editor, disengaged long ago, taking quite a long time to accept the love affair was over, from 2011 to 2014 to be precise.

Take out their 111 edits in 2022 (article gnoming and a fight over Helen Joyce), and this guy has made a grand total of 37 edits in the last decade. Zero tool usage in that decade too.

Would NEVER pass RfA today, simply because his views on how trans topics should be sourced would be sniffed out by activist pieces of shit like Tamzin and LillianaUwU in SECONDS.

I wonder if that is even enough to prevent someone from a so called "routine" resysop post INACTIVITY ? Looks like BozMo doesn't want to test the theory...... :ugeek:

Which makes it all the funnier to realise they are and will remain an ACTIVE Admin for YEARS simply because of his 2022 spree. Needs only ONE EDIT per year. Amma gonna start calling that the heartbeat loophole I think.

Which begs the question, is he gaming the system? Yes.

IS HE GAMING THE SYSTEM TO TORTURE THE TRANS COMMUNITY?

Very informative user page shows he's well past the point of giving a fuck.

Officially marking yourself as SEMI-RETIRED "This user is no longer very active on Wikipedia." Is epic.

If I say it loud enough, maybe Uncle Zoloft can do his bit for Team Feewings and direct one of his minions to do what must be done to purify Wikipedia of unwanted political views.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Fri May 10, 2024 12:02 pm

BradPatrick

A user with 1,196 edits. Account created on 26 August 2005.

:lol:

Why does Wikipedia have an Administrator with so few edits?
interim Executive Director of the Wikimedia Foundation as well as its inaugural General Counsel
That easily explains their lack of an RfA. They were directly appointed by the Foundation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... and_admins

I wonder if that would even be allowed today?

For someone so enthused with the whole idea of Wikipedia and free kulture, they've spent precious little time being a Wikipedia editor.

He is a long way from the heady days of 332 edits a year (2006), presumably related to their role, which he left in March 2007. He's actually been more active in recent years, which still only means he makes ~40 edits a year.

He hasn't logged an Admin action in years. He pays absolutely no attention to project space. He barely even uses talk pages. He's literal just a very occasional casual editor.

Is he even aware that this is the only reason he is still an Admin? And how stupid that looks, for a whole variety of reasons.

Well yes, he is.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... equirement

I wonder if he takes the Wikilawyer view? He is after all at LEAST double the activity level Wikipedia has decided to set the INACTIVITY bar at. :ugeek:

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Fri May 10, 2024 10:01 pm

Bradv

Quite possibly the stupidest user page in the history of user pages.

Emblematic of the sort of absolute dingus that forms an all too large part of the "community".

True believers who simply do not know what the fuck they are doing. Like, not even fucking close.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Fri May 10, 2024 10:33 pm

Brandon

formerly Bjweeks (until August 2009)

A user with 20,667 edits. Account created on 11 November 2005.

EFM

Nominated by Wizardman

Final (94/19/5); ended Rdsmith4 03:13, June 24, 2008

Barely active editor, hopefully innocuous interests

Inactive Admin, likely only retaining the tools for page mover convenience and possibly a self interested range block removal, no evident continuing interest in the role/tools otherwise

Another classic burst editor, all but disengaged by 2011, but incredibly just limping along every year since with anywhere from 3 to 72 edits.

Was quite senior back in his day. CU. Bot Op. But that day has passed.

Unlikely to ever pass RfA with crap like this in their recent past....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... draftspace

(edit warring, appeals to authority, lazy ass editing)

Shit like that makes you wonder why he still edits at all...... :?

I propose a new rule. If your user page consists solely of a picture, then you can't be an Administrator.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Fri May 10, 2024 11:04 pm

Brendanconway

A.k.a. File Éireann

A user with 6,495 edits. Account created on 3 February 2005

Self nomination.

final 30/0/0) ending 19:03 12th December2005

Irish paramedic

Active editor, places and battles, incremental content builder

Inactive Administrator. Last used the tools once in 2018 and before then 2014.

Virtually zero ongoing interest in project matters or noticebaords, save a couple of scam alerts. He really doesn't like scammers!

Very unusual activity. 2,000 edits for each of their first two years, then pretty random. Highs of 500 in 2013 and 2023, but also years of a hundred or even 10. Wierd.

Amusingly once thought he had been desysoped for inactivity when he hadn't...

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... ndanconway
BN wrote:I've just got married and have 2 little children which has kept me away for a while but I believe I have contributed well on a small scale over the years. File Éireann 12:38, 28 November 2015 (UTC)
Probably a very nice guy, well meaning. But really, why are they an Administrator?

Why?

They are currently in an active period for them, with 550 since the start of 2022, but you can see from his astonishingly little of that has been use of project space or talk pages, that this guy isn't adding anything as an Admin, even on a small scale.

Maybe this is why he gets targeted by scammers? They're clever enough to pick Admins who might not always be around, whose communication style is definitely not common knowledge, and who seem like a nice guy who you can trust......

Seems like there's an easy fix for that.... :flamingbanana:

Take one for the team Brendan.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Sat May 11, 2024 10:43 am

Brian Kendig

A user with 6,511 edits. Account created on 5 February 2004

Nominated by Ryan Norton.

Final (35/3/1) ended 04:00 8 October 2005

Barely active editor. But both builds and patrolls. Surprisingly willing to use talk and project space and generally police given their limited engagement, but by no means their primary reason for still editing.

Odd Administrator. Actually has a handful of deletions in 2023, after having not done one since 2015. Might even be finding Adminy stuff to do unrelated to his editing. But without it being their reason for editing.

Seems actually rather desperate to be of use as an Admin....
Help me help you
I am a Wikipedia administrator, which means that I have a mop and bucket with which to help keep Wikipedia sparkling clean. If I can help you out with anything, please let me know on my talk page.
Their talk page is devoid of any such requests in recent years. Probably because he's clearly not engaged enough to be of use to anyone who knows enough about Wikipedia to know when you need the help of an Administrator.

And how would they even find him?

Windows and video games with a smattering of US politics.
Hacker, engineer, philosopher, secular humanist, small-l libertarian, occasional writer, alumnus of Princeton University and the Princeton Triangle Club and Quadrangle Club, formerly with Netscape Communications Corporation and Apple Computer, now with The Walt Disney Company. Currently living in Celebration, Florida right next to Walt Disney World Resort.
Another classic burst and bumble profile, disengaged by 2011, but quite consistently engaged at 30-60 edits per year. Can be an Administrator for as long as he wants.

But yet again, it has to be asked, by what right do they consider themself an Administrator?

They would not pass today. Simply because of how little recent activity there is. Being an uncontroversial nobody is no longer enough.

Being a very polite but persistent PoV pusher might, however....if the view is the right one of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Flor ... ord_gay%22

To some people it's very important that Wikipedia make observations like how the so called "Don't Say Gay" act doesn't say gay. It doesn't matter a damn to them if sources considered that not worth noting. It doesn't matter a damn if the claim is now in Wikipedia solely on the strength of Brian saying it's not in there. Because he read it.

And you can all trust Brian. He's a nice guy. A Wikipedia Administrator!

And it's not like he has an agenda here.

A startling reminder that one of the main reasons to require more activity than this, is simply because it helps Administrators understand when they are BEING MORONS whose knowledge of policy is incredibly out of date, and thus are a potential embarrassment to Wikipedia as it faces increasingly loud charges of institutional bias, if only someone knew they existed.

http://www.enchanter.net/

wikiguy2023
Sucks Noob

Post by wikiguy2023 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:37 am

has kraken given up? :cry:

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

hopefully not. it is an ambitious project, maybe he took a break for a few days. :)

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Fri May 17, 2024 9:38 pm

wikiguy2023 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 6:37 am
has kraken given up? :cry:
Yes. I carried on offline for a few days, got as far as Carlosguitar, but without an audience, while the basic information is there, the colourful commentary is not. And try as I might, with suckadmin sending me threats via intermediaries, I just don't think anyone here deserves to benefit from the sweat if my brow. They can suck

I've certainly satisfied myself that there are hundreds of Administrators out there who will never be deemed INACTIVE, but who are doing fuck all. People who would never pass RfA, for the simlle.p fact their answers to