ArbCom election 2018

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: ArbCom election 2018

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:30 am

Dysklyver wrote:Gee I am getting a surprising amount of flak for my voter guide, specifically:

Fred was a lawyer, unfortunately he was working on a divorce case and decided to pay one of the parties for sex. He was caught in the act. Then he was fined and disbarred and will now accuse anyone that mentions it of being a piece of shit. He got desysopped and blocked three times during the Arbcom question phase because he went on a wild wheel warring rampage. Is this the guy you want on arbcom? (Troll recommended #1 candidate)

Of course this quite a simple and direct way of putting it. :?
You deserve flak for calling for calling it a rampage, and insinuating these blocks were correct. He waited for others to act, then took limited action to help himself in ways he has convincingly argued we're justifiable. Nobody died, no content was damaged, no bright line rule was broken, as has been falsely claimed. He did wrong, but he is by no means blameless, others have arguably done worse.

You deserve credit for taking the position that he did the real world thing he is accused of, and judging him for it, based on the words of the court. If only the snivelling little coward Eric Corbett had such principles. He snuck in, obliquely referred to mere allegations, as if they might be false, as if he is any position to be talking about professional standards or treatment of women, and left it to his buddy Iridescent to continue the smear.

Has either of them, indeed have any of them yet had the guts to say they believe the allegations to be true? That would, after all, be the only way you could understand their choice to do what they did, which broke numerous rules.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:55 am

Beeblebrox now making it clear he thinks ArbCom has no need to admonish any other party, as these are "worthless"! He wants ArbCom to only consider desysopping parties, and so whether Fred's actions were justified or not. He believes "Nobody elses's actions are so egregious as to merit desysopping". All on Wikipediocracy of course. Is he saying it on Wikipedia?

Sad to think they will happily take his view and do his bidding, rather than progress the case as it should be, looking at the conduct of all parties. Who did what and why. And employing the principle that no, desysopping is not the ultimate punishment for Administrators who so clearly decided to act in their own interests, even though more appropriate routes were available, if their concern really was only for Wikipedia. A site ban is.

What they did was prima facie evidence they lack good judgment, that their actions were deliberate and purposeful, and there's zero reason to believe it won't happen again. We're dealing with people who purposely broke the rules to alter the course of an election. You would think these people, of all people, would take that seriously. But then again, maybe they're not the paragons of virtue they claim to be?

If Wikipedia Administrators like Boing! think it is necesary, they absolutely will break any rule, use any tactic, to stop you. This is not a valid use of IAR, because by definition, such actions cannot be a controversial act - the benefit to Wikipedia has to be clear and obvious. Invoking IAR is not and never should be something that leads to an ArbCom case. If it does, that's already proof you were wrong to invoke it, regardless of the outcome.

When confronted with this reality, why would you even, for a second, think of offering them the same courtesy? The game is rigged, they will get away with, all with ArbCom's stamp of approval, so don't play by their rules, EVER.

HTD.

By any means necessary.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:37 pm

CrowsNest wrote:
Dysklyver wrote:Gee I am getting a surprising amount of flak for my voter guide, specifically:

Fred was a lawyer, unfortunately he was working on a divorce case and decided to pay one of the parties for sex. He was caught in the act. Then he was fined and disbarred and will now accuse anyone that mentions it of being a piece of shit. He got desysopped and blocked three times during the Arbcom question phase because he went on a wild wheel warring rampage. Is this the guy you want on arbcom? (Troll recommended #1 candidate)

Of course this quite a simple and direct way of putting it. :?
You deserve flak for calling for calling it a rampage, and insinuating these blocks were correct. He waited for others to act, then took limited action to help himself in ways he has convincingly argued we're justifiable. Nobody died, no content was damaged, no bright line rule was broken, as has been falsely claimed. He did wrong, but he is by no means blameless, others have arguably done worse.

You deserve credit for taking the position that he did the real world thing he is accused of, and judging him for it, based on the words of the court. If only the snivelling little coward Eric Corbett had such principles. He snuck in, obliquely referred to mere allegations, as if they might be false, as if he is any position to be talking about professional standards or treatment of women, and left it to his buddy Iridescent to continue the smear.

Has either of them, indeed have any of them yet had the guts to say they believe the allegations to be true? That would, after all, be the only way you could understand their choice to do what they did, which broke numerous rules.

Me as a observer of this circus was also surprised by Arthur for about the same reason. Artur is a excellent lawyer, there is no doubt about that, but he should know you have to look at someones behaviour at wikipedia. Because it is some incident from years ago in his real life.

It also surprise me he supports Drmies, because with Drmies is something weird going on. Because Drmies is seen his person and background handeling compleet out of character, his wiki roll simple doesn't fit in his personality.
And that is something I see with many other Dutch Wikipedians, because Drmies is of course from origine from the Dutch wiki stable. What else could be a the reason he has been involved in the Whaledad drama together with ToniBalloni. What other reason could there be for his appearance on WQNL. Drmies is a WMF string puppet who they now want to become a Arb. Just as he did on WPNL with his Natuur12 alter ego right after his Statler disaster. And that is going on.

So, and what is your role Arthur in this basquerade ball? It is the same question I asked Shashi. Because both you are close connected to the Wiki family, that is crystal clear.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:09 pm

People looking for specific evidence that Drmies was bad for Wikipedia when he was an Arbitrator, need only look at one of the two incidents he likely referred to here.....
there are two specific things that I wanted to get done last time and I did get them done--meaning, twice I managed to convince the committee to do something, something good, in relation to specific editors.
He of course declined to give specifics, because the one I am certain is being referred to, is horrific. Drmies has a lifetime wiki-friend Malik Shabbaz. He was emergency desysopped, for reasons he has never accepted were valid. The whole thing was a disgrace, it saw Malik falsely accuse an editor of racism, then flip the fuck out when the community disagreed, which was why he got emergency desysopped. It then saw Drmies stalk that editor and finally block them for an unrelated reason, as revenge. Nobody did anything, because they're either afraid of Drmies, or they just didn't care (the victim was not an editor with any social standing).

Fast forward to July 2016, with newly elected Arbitrator now familiar with how things work, who his potential allies might be, and lo and behold, out of nowhere, an ArbCom motion appears.....
The Arbitration Committee has satisfied itself that the account was not compromised and that any ongoing disruption at the time has ceased. Accordingly, we affirm that Malik Shabazz may be resysopped at his request at any time.
Subsequent inquiries revealed this had been instigated by Drmies and off his own back - Malik had not asked for the committee to review his status. It all happened in secret, and attempts to obtain more information on the Committee's reasoning for this frankly bizarre decision, were rebuffed, and strongly, by none other than Drmies. Above your pay-grade, so kindly fuck off and mind your own business, was the basic message.

If that doesn't show you he is bad news, you then need to consider just how bad a decision this was. At the time, the reason for people's surprise, was that Malik had already done things post-emergency which would have likely meant he would not have passed an RfA, and by some margin, not just due to the 'has collected enemies' incumbency handicap. He has only gone on to do even more things, bad things, which would ensure that if he stood for RfA now, he might get record levels of disapproval.

And yet just months ago, in the aftermath of one such incident, Drmies still only had one thing to say, to simply express sympathy for Malik's current plight, as he is now very much considered one of Wikipedia's problem users subject to specific sanctions, claiming everything he has done is down to failures of the Wikipedia community (a not so cryptic call back to the original decision not to back his false accusation of racism).

Worse, he happily joined in with Malik's harassment of Sandstein, for no other reason than he was the one simply doing his job and working this problem user through the tedious paperwork of increasing sanctions when they can't or won't admit fault.

A few weeks ago, Malik even broke a topic ban by posting on Drmies' talk page, an ArbCom Enforcement sanction, and Drmies' reaction was to try to cover it up.

If you think when Drmies is elected to ArbCom again, that he might recuse from matters Malik, you would be wrong. If you doubt me, go ask, is he willing to state here and now that he will recuse on any matter even slightly related to Malik? He will undoubtedly refuse, and bullshit you. Right to your face. Just as he bullshitted those tiny few who queried the original motion.

There is absolutely no reason to think Drmies has learned and would not do such things again, or worse, if the need arises. His campaign claim that he is now all for transparency is laughable bullshit. Go ask him to do what is necessary to release the conversations that led to this motion. He will refuse, and bullshit you. Right to your face.

He knows those conversations will reveal him saying proveably false things to his colleagues to secure this motion, safe in the knowledge they wouldn't bother to go check for themselves. They'd assume nobody would be so bold as to get elected as an Arbitrator and then blatantly lie to their colleagues to help a friend and inevitably damage Wikipedia, confident they won't be found out because people like me cannit see them and offer the truth.

The whole thing could have been so much worse, had Malik chosen to take up the Committee's offer of restoration of rights, no questions asked, that Drmies said and did God knows what to secure. We can only thank our lucky stars, that, psychopathy aside, unlike Drmies, Malik at least seems to have a good grasp of the fact that no, he is not Administrator material, and likely never was, so he never asked.

He will try to claim otherwise, if by some miracle someone can even make him account for himself over this matter, but this was an act Drmies has to take sole responsibility for, as a great example of what damage he can and likely would do again, as an Arbitrator. All other signatories to that motion are covered in terms of guilt or even culpability, because Drmies absolutely will not have presented the case as it should be, and like it or not, it is a reasonable assumption that if someone gets elected as an Arbitrator, they can be assumed to not be lying in correspondence to other Arbitrators. If not, then what's the fucking point of this bullshit election? There is none, because it cannot prevent people like Drmies securing power.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:31 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:So, and what is your role Arthur in this basquerade ball? It is the same question I asked Shashi. Because both you are close connected to the Wiki family, that is crystal clear.

It is the age old hydra problem. And in my opinion, better the devil head you know, than some unknown new one you don't.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:47 pm

I don't know Arthur. Not a strong explanation for a lawyer.

Drmies wrote: I have a few alternative accounts, all of which are disclosed to ArbCom, and none of which get in the way of "usual" business.

Here is our Drmies telling the true, and one of this accounts is according to the duck test the very problematic account Natuur12. A troll account and a formal arb and sysop account on WPNL.

And i know exactly what happend, that is very clear, Michel is trapped by the rumour I was dead and he was the one who has fixed a Global Lock together with the complete foolish Ymnes, and he has fixed later Graaf Statler his SanFanBan.....
Why do you think Edo dropped half dead when I showed him a picture with my passport in my hand? And why do you think Edo had send me that crazy mail in the first place? Because they thought I was someone else! They thought I was a troll! Drmies too!

So our Drimes is lying to Tim he does't know anything about a SanFanBan. He has astroturfed a very bad one himself! And that is the secret of our Drmies, and that is the reason he is declaring this.
Because he is scared to hell this become public. The great professor Drmies who has trolled out the son of a........professor English! Formal student and friend of Tolkien and the founder of the English institute of Utrecht in that time! Thát is a great example of fact checking! It's the mother of it.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:10 pm

chad100 wrote:

This was not disclosed in his previous Arbcom run in 2015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... /Statement

This was also not disclosed in RFA in 2011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... hip/Drmies

Here you are. Is a much better explanation I thing. So again, what is your role in this circus, Arthur?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:44 am

This is definitely Election Drmies in action....
I wouldn't mind, but it is not clear to me, a non-expert, that this really counts as vandalism and isn't just a content dispute. ...... Drmies (talk) 17:57, 20 November 2018 (UTC)
As I documented in his dedicated thread, a month ago the guy did not give a flying rat's ass whether he was reverting an edit because it was vandalism or disputed content (knowing which is which is important to those interested in good governance of the wiki). He behaved as if he had never even heard of NOTVANDALISM, and to be frank, given how poor his policy knowledge is in general, he may not have even heard of it until a little bird told him I had picked up on that basic and obvious fuckup.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Thu Nov 22, 2018 12:52 am

Lourdes hasn't edited since 17 November. That's five days off the grid, missing the last three days of the campaign period, and first two days of the voting period.

I genuinely wish there was a nicer way of saying it, and indeed this one time, I'm gonna be nice and not say it.

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:25 am

Graaf Statler wrote:chad100 wrote:

This was not disclosed in his previous Arbcom run in 2015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... /Statement

This was also not disclosed in RFA in 2011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... hip/Drmies

Here you are. Is a much better explanation I thing. So again, what is your role in this circus, Arthur?

Well either Drmies became a massive sockmaster after 2015, or more likely no-one noticed he was a massive sockmaster until after his power-grab allowed him to cover it up. ;)

I don't personally believe for a second there isn't a coverup, you don't need to hide legitimate alternative accounts, and there is no indication of Drmies having test accounts, bots, or an account for insecure access points. This leaves a pretty obvious conclusion.