"Fram Gate" in Arbcom

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: "Fram Gate" in Arbcom

Post by CrowsNest » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:31 am

Guido den Broeder wrote:The only reason why I've ever edited Wikipedia has been damage control. Articles like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome kill people.
Understandable, although sadly all this achieves is to allow Doc James to point to an upward trend in reliability. Overall, more people will die from his efforts to promote Wikipedia as a medical resource at all.
Guido den Broeder wrote:I have even created some articles just to accomplish that they would be disallowed, and the top Google search result would not be infested with lies.
It's a valid strategy, given it is well established Google will give top rank to any old shit on their domain, even though in theory they could use Wikipedia's own rankings to infer reader value. I used to teach the related Pendulum effect - don't polish your own article, just nudge your competitor's one in a slightly positive direction, and watch the nutty Wikipedians react by drowning it in negative content and sometimes even loudly denouncing them in the media as Wikipedia abusers. Highly unethical obviously, but to paraphrase a British TV show, you can't cheat an honest website.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:28 am

Vig wrote:Every day that ARBCOM delays due to their competence issues is another day that ARBCOM punishes Fram unjustly.

@Ched: I didn't take it personally, but I am acknowledging that I am certainly one of the ones responsible for drawing it out. To be clear, I'm not quibbling over wording while agreeing with the result—I agree that would be a poor use of time. While I do agree that Fram should be unbanned, and I think that's fairly well settled at this point, I do not know yet where I stand on the decision to resysop or desysop. I am revisiting the evidence for the purposes of deciding how to vote on those remedies (see my section on this page). I believe a handful of other arbs are doing the same. GorillaWarfare (talk) 01:57, 14 September 2019 (UTC)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I really didn't know such a stupide people as Vig existed on this world!

Hint Vig, for free.
The connection. :mrgreen:

Guido den Broeder
Sucks

Post by Guido den Broeder » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Guido den Broeder wrote:

They were undoing some vandalism. Many users have reverted to my versions on WP, as those are rather solid. What is your point?

The real question (already answered, but you can have your own go at it) is, of course, why you were investigating Almond Plate's edits to begin with, and why you blocked them. Their contributions look sound, so what was the danger to the project?

ToneRat wrote:(fell silent)

By the way, even though you didn't do a user check, you're still logging this everywhere as a checkuser result. Seems like Almond Plate was also a rare voice of reason in ArbCom's Fram case, and their input was immediately hatted there as well. Strangely, however, not a single one of their article contributions has been reverted, despite this being obligatory for edits by banned users.

ToneRat
Sucks

Post by ToneRat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:09 am

Guido den Broeder wrote:
Guido den Broeder wrote:

They were undoing some vandalism. Many users have reverted to my versions on WP, as those are rather solid. What is your point?

The real question (already answered, but you can have your own go at it) is, of course, why you were investigating Almond Plate's edits to begin with, and why you blocked them. Their contributions look sound, so what was the danger to the project?

ToneRat wrote:(fell silent)

By the way, even though you didn't do a user check, you're still logging this everywhere as a checkuser result. Seems like Almond Plate was also a rare voice of reason in ArbCom's Fram case, and their input was immediately hatted there as well. Strangely, however, not a single one of their article contributions has been reverted, despite this being obligatory for edits by banned users.

First of all, I'm not sure if you are using "you" to refer specifically to me, or to whoever checked you on Wikipedia. Surely you aren't surprised you were caught? New-ish editor, not really a known name, decides to make a couple provacative comments at the Fram PD page, claims to have some insight to who filed reports, which obviously means you had some sort of experience with him. An admin or CU decides to check out your contributions, sees that, hm, no this account doesn't have any run-ins with Fram, spoke up a few times on ANI against a community ban, hm this seems fishy, it's probably Guido --> blocks.

It looks really pathetic when obvious socks who have been caught deny it.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:20 am

ToneRat wrote:
First of all, I'm not sure if you are using "you" to refer specifically to me, or to whoever checked you on Wikipedia. Surely you aren't surprised you were caught? New-ish editor, not really a known name, decides to make a couple provacative comments at the Fram PD page, claims to have some insight to who filed reports, which obviously means you had some sort of experience with him. An admin or CU decides to check out your contributions, sees that, hm, no this account doesn't have any run-ins with Fram, spoke up a few times on ANI against a community ban, hm this seems fishy, it's probably Guido --> blocks.

You are just a shitty wiki ASHOLE by not even looking what those edits where, wikifool what you are.
You are a complete incompetent idiot.

Well, what was wrong with Guido's edits?

it's probably Guido --> Asperger blocks.

ToneRat
Sucks

Post by ToneRat » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:41 am

Graaf Statler wrote:
ToneRat wrote:

You are just a shitty wiki ASHOLE by not even looking what those edits where, wikifool what you are.
You are a complete incompetent idiot.

Well, what was wrong with Guido's edits?

it's probably Guido --> Asperger blocks.

Hey no need to throw a big purple misspelled bad word at me. I don't think there's anything wrong with Guido's edits. He's on the naughty list so he doesn't get to play with the others.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:48 am

Who was playing with others. Who started to play my friend? Your beloved Drmies and Fram. And if you think you can sell here your total wikishit you are on the complete address. If your brains doesn't have the capacity to understand this you don't belong here.

They started, they did this. They where the instigators.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am

ToneRat wrote:
Hey no need to throw a big purple misspelled bad word at me. I don't think there's anything wrong with Guido's edits. He's on the naughty list so he doesn't get to play with the others.

And you are a ashole not because you are autistic of course, but because you are doing something you could know you are not able to. And don't fool me, I work often with autistic guys on shop level, you are a fraud. You know yourself dammed well you can't do this work. In a working situation I had send you home, and you had returned the next day with sorry, you was right. Don't fuck with Statler. Maybe with others you can, but not with me.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:38 am

As I told many times I am, was, still am a bit a sub constructer. And on the projects I have worked the Dutch state has often subsidised projects for autistic guys. Clever guys often, but they can't function normal in the society and are sitting at home. This is something our state wants to change.
I have my own firm, but often they help me. And how to manege them?

*Practical work is most times the best. Because that is clear.
*Give one assignment at the same time.
*Have patient, don't get angry.
*Be very clear and special, be consequent.
*If they get angry don't discuss, send them home, the next day they are fine again and understand why you said something. They are not stupide! .
*Think for them. Say first you do this, next you do that. Don't try to explane why. Just give the order.

And I am talking about often good educated and clever boys. And if they are threaten in this way they love you and do anything you want.
And you, you with your friends with a autistic disorder think you can "manege" guys like me and Guido? Come one!

With all the money support, now again 100.000 euro for the female technical shitstorm clearly from our royal family and all you got including luxury offices with staff it is still all one big mess.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:44 pm

Vigilant about GW wrote:Making shit up as you go along is precisely what got you into this mess.

Midsize Jake about GW wrote:IMO, she hasn't redone the page, she's expanded it, and in such a way as to provide some cover for them to give Fram his admin rights back.

Watch out for Vigilant's opinion of GW make a 180 turn, as she starts to favor Fram...
Pure politics.