EvergreenFir at RfA

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Carrite
Sucks Critic

Re: EvergreenFir at RfA

Post by Carrite » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:48 am

boredbird wrote:
Carrite wrote:And that my own personal recollection from several years ago is incorrect?

Did you meet EvergreenFir in person?

No, did you?

RfB

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:33 am

FlatSnout wrote:what really baffled me was that nobody called out the early oppose by SchroCat here.
the "... other editors, particularly female ones, is ...": WTF?!? - That's saying that women are intellectually feeble or inferior, incapable of handling and defending themselves in writing,

That got my attention as well, for different reason, particularly: is hounding men less of a violation? ;)
I get what SchroCat means. If you look at the Fram-LH shit-digging on Wikipediocracy: Vigilant never treats his male targets with such fury. Gender inequality sumetimes surfaces in extreme measures.
I don't know what ShroCat meant, but what he wrote does not mean for me that women are inferior, especially not intellectually. Partially because defending oneself on WP is to some extent an intellectual game, but it's more about smearing and lying about the other, and the number of allies who repeat those lies.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:41 am

Carrite wrote:
boredbird wrote:EvergreenFir is not a woman.
Did you meet EvergreenFir in person?

No, did you?

Pay attention to detail, we live in a non-binary world:
FlatSnout wrote:He's a queer (according to infobox on own userpage).

Once that's sorted out, don't get lost in details and return to the main topic: mental conditioning (my words). ;)
CrowsNest wrote:Now that is a person who has definitely learned their place......

FlatSnout
Sucks Noob

Post by FlatSnout » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:18 am

JuiceBeetle wrote:
FlatSnout wrote:what really baffled me was that nobody called out the early oppose by SchroCat here.
the "... other editors, particularly female ones, is ...": WTF?!? - That's saying that women are intellectually feeble or inferior, incapable of handling and defending themselves in writing,

That got my attention as well, for different reason, particularly: is hounding men less of a violation? ;)

Well, that's possibly not truly a "different reason", in that it seems to amount to the: Is the glass half full, or half empty(?)
And having said that, then we can move on to the more real question about expectations and allowances within the sphere of civility & behaviours. Though that's a discussion which has been ongoing for a very loooong time, and certainly not a discussion limited to Wikipedia. - I doubt much new can be added to such discussion.
But I can & will say that I don't think it's wise to limit anyones freedom of expression in the anonymous online world: Unwise because it mostly only serves to hide reality, which in turn makes the ones being attacked unprepared to meet reality. Censoring away nasty writings targeting people who can't be identified, is possibly more stupid than attempting to create world-peace by banning all reports of real world wars being reported by news outlets, in books, etc.

FlatSnout
Sucks Noob

Post by FlatSnout » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:38 pm

(from this Kumioko posting)
... a lot of them undoubtedly keep their own notes on their personal hardrives as well.

EvergreenFir keep notes on-wiki, in own userspace at User:EvergreenFir/socks (cached).
Is the keeping of such notes allowed by Wikipedia policies, guides, community conventions, etc. ?

Looking into the history of User:EvergreenFir/socks, then there are a few things worth noticing:
It was created 17:50, 2 September 2013‎, for the purpose of keeping an eye on sockings, but was 04:16, 1 November 2013 repurposed as a general notepad/scratchpad/clipboard, before much later on 05:59, 7 April 2015, it again went back to becoming a personal sock snooping board.
Kind of weird, and it's certainly not caused by EvergreenFir not having figured out how the tech-side (e.g. subpages) of Wikipedia works until April 2015. Looking at User:EvergreenFir/sandbox4 from 26 July 2014, then that's anything but kn00b-level insight.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:59 pm

Carrite wrote:
boredbird wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:It says everything about how the Wikipedia community is in the total grip of assholes and women haters, that a women candidate for Administrator, in 2019, when we are meant to believe Wikipedia is growing and changing, still has to profusely apologize for a five year old dispute with the notoriously misogynistic and exceptionally hateful Eric Corbett, before she can even think of standing for a position of any power over others at all.

EvergreenFir is not a woman.

Are you saying that her nominator and both of her co-nominators at her RFA are dissembling? And that my own personal recollection from several years ago is incorrect?

https://www.wikipediasucks.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=16262#p16262