Beyond My Ken wants to start a war, in the way only Beyond My Ken can

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Beyond My Ken wants to start a war, in the way only Beyond My Ken can

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Sat May 29, 2021 10:05 pm

When Beyond My Ken chose his Wikipedia username, he was being scarily on point regarding what his overall contribution would be.

It's a Scots phrase which roughly translates to, I'm as thick as a pig.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 37843#Note

Here he is leading the laments to the fact Guy Chapman has been officially warned to stop being a prick to people he thinks are Nazis.....
In actuality anything you say to them other than "Sure, go ahead, do what you like" will make them "dig in their heels and fight harder". That's because they come with an agenda, and that agenda is not to improve the encyclpedia, it's to subvert it. Playing nice-nice with them isn't going to make things any easier, because our goals are not at all the same. This is a harsh fact that needs to be faced and not waved away. It's one thing to be accommodating to fellow editors who are playing by the same rules as everyone else, and another thing entirely to encourage those who are hell-bent on eating away at our core values and using our policies to neutralize our defenses.

This is the age-old problem of how open societies such as democracies deal with those who use the political system in order to destroy it from the inside -- and in this case it's not at all theoretical, it happened in real-life in real-time and was reported and commented on while it was happening, and we all saw it go down. Given that, when we see the same damn thing occurring in our little corner of the word, turning a blind eye and tsk-tsking at those who at least attempt to hold the line is counter-productive, and, in fact, dangerous, at least in my view. Beyond My Ken (talk) 22:57, 28 May 2021 (UTC)
You can tell he was calm and collected when he wrote this, that he was putting his best brain into it, due to the relative lack of formatting. With only two bold italic words, that's BMK at level zero.

And so, now we know. It is beyond his ken to realise that one of Wikipedia's core principles, is that Teh Virtuous Communitah should play nice with everyone. And it will BLOW HIS FUCKING MIND when he realises that yes, they really did mean everyone, even those that you can 100% prove, came to Wikipedia with a subversive agenda.

Just ask Jimmy Wales, he would know. He has always spoken in terms of showing people the door with grace and civility. He has never said the Wikipedia equivalent of I JUST LOVE FUCKING PUNCHING NAZIS.

It is also beyond his ken to realise just how often he and his chums fail to correctly identify someone who is actually operating with an agenda to subvert Wikipedia, as opposed to simply having a genuine good faith disagreement over something like how to properly weigh a source in an article.

BMK is a bear of simple brains.

If he genuinely had this shit locked down, to the point he could legitimately be arguing for a RECKONING with his "harsh facts", he could at least manage to appear sane enough with his facts, to get promoted to Administrator. He can't. That's how pig thick he is.

Still, if we're being unkind, the Scots never really did get the hang of the whole rebellion thing, did they? Daft bastards.