Which "Globally Banned" user is behind the Celtic Minded account?

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Which "Globally Banned" user is behind the Celtic Minded account?

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm

Celtic Minded recently registered on Commons and made only a few posts to the Admin noticeboard. Nothing disruptive, all eminently helpful infact.

His intent appeared to be to help the Commons community come to the realisation that Beeblebrox had infact been guilty of harassment of Fae, and this really was a serious matter.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... Beeblebrox

Which it is. People have been Globally Banned for it before, specifically for this specific type of quite evil harassment, a mix of on and off wiki posts which the harasser knew would be seen by their victim, and took a sort of perverse and gleefull enjoyment in realising that they had had the intended effect.

Celtic Minded was soon wrongfully blocked by Ymblanter, but because that block was so obviously a bad block, whose only real purpose seemed to be to protect Beeblebrox, it was swiftly undone.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User ... tic_Minded
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... _contribs)

And then, bang, out of the blue, something very weird happened.
01:11, 30 August 2021 Martin Urbanec talk contribs changed status for global account "User:Celtic Minded@global": set locked; unset (none) (Globally banned user)
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special ... tic_Minded

Someone has obviously gone right over the heads of the local Commons community, to achieve what Ymblanter had failed to do. Showing all the intelligence of a crap admin, Ymblanter claimed this was not a surprise, because he knew he was right. Bollocks. A bad faith out of policy guess is still a bad faith out of policy guess, even if it was proven right.

But hang on. Was he even right? Strangely, the above log entry is the only information that has been released. Which is more than a bit suspicious. I am not aware of a single reason why confidentiality would be necessary here.

Normally there's a paper trail.

According to who Beeblebrox apparently thinks this "globally banned" user is....
Yeah, a sock of a user who runs a much nastier off-wiki forum that I've just been informed has an entire subforum dedicated to talking shit about me in particular. Thanks to the local admins and the steward who had the good sense to see that they were an obvious block-evading troll. Are we done here? I think we're done here. Beeblebrox (talk) 04:32, 30 August 2021 (UTC)
.....it is me. Or Eric Barbour.

But as far as I know, I'm not globally banned, and neither is Eric.

So who is it?

It could just be a mistake. As unlikely as it sounds, this Steward could have simply written Globally Banned when he meant Globally Locked. And he could have just had a brain fart and not done what is usually done, and identified a sock master. Also seems unlikely.

But Wikimedia Stewards aren't known for their professionalism, for sure. This guy in particular, this foreign fuckwit, regularly shows that the role is quite often just mindless mashing of buttons, and they're usually no more than useful idiots easily manipulated by smarter corrupt actors who exploit the fact they're not native speakers who have little to no time to check even basic details, like whether a sock accusation is merely suspected or confirmed, before applying a global lock on that basis. By now the people who manipulated him in one certain case, are probably sweating down their ass cracks, thinking maybe I had forgotten all about it. As if.

For if only for the outside possibility that all these mistakes perhaps hint at something more serious than genuine mistakes, I feel the need to ask the question. Who is it?

Beeblebrox clearly got his duff information through private channels, which is again, pretty fucking suspicious.

And note how Beeblebrox hasn't properly read the script he was given, assuming his source of information isn't just himself reading Wikipediocracy. Celtic Minded wasn't blocked by local Admins for being "an obvious block evading troll", at least not successfully, and he wasn't blocked by a Steward for that reason either.

The reason is right there. Celtic Minded is allegedly a "Globally banned user", and that is the sole and solitary reason why Beeblebrox has been spared further humiliation at their hands.

Nobody ever wants to believe their heros are corrupt or their chosen hobby is a sham. Lots of people voted in good faith for Beeblebrox to represent them as their moral touchstone. So it might crush them to learn that he or his friends perhaps saw such a big threat looming here, they did something very silly. Coloured well outside the lines.

I can sympathise, sure. Beeblebrox's misconduct, both the original crime and the way he tried to be cute about it after the event, had exposed the WMF and the volunteers to a massive risk. For absolutely no gain either.

An English Wikipedia Arbitration Committee Member getting blocked for harassing a Commons editor, would be a huge scandal. Even before Framgate, but certainly after, with the world and their dog having been told that there is no need for Foundation oversight, that the democratically elected ArbCom is all that is needed to ensure a minimal standard of behaviour is assured.

It needed to be prevented. Perhaps it needed to be prevented so badly, they happily decided to take the risk and do something that has probably exposed someone to legal risk. Would they have taken that chance? Gambled that nobody is going to do what the law can force them to do, for an incident like this.

I hope they have.

Because I think, if you presented this the right way, the legal fighting fund would build itself. The chance to expose a Wikipedia CheckUser perhaps doing illegal shit to protect the very person who sits on the Committee tasked with making sure CheckUsers aren't doing illegal shit? Awesome.

Maybe it was just a mistake. I'm sure it was.

So, who is this mystery Globally Banned user?

If they can't or won't tell, well...... :lol:

I do so love the cases where the Wikishits saying nothing just makes them look even more guilty.

I fucking LOVE my job. Sorry, hobby. :ugeek:

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Re: Which "Globally Banned" user is behind the Celtic Minded account?

Post by boredbird » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 am

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:14 pm
Celtic Minded recently registered on Commons and made only a few posts to the Admin noticeboard. Nothing disruptive, all eminently helpful infact.

His intent appeared to be to help the Commons community come to the realisation that Beeblebrox had infact been guilty of harassment of Fae, and this really was a serious matter.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.p ... Beeblebrox
Fæ and CrowsNest sitting in a tree
f-l-æ-m-i-n-g…

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:15 am

again: t'ain't me

Maybe the morons think it was Stierlitz? Don't think it was him either, he's on record as NEVER EVER editing any WMF content.....
The reason is right there. Celtic Minded is allegedly a "Globally banned user", and that is the sole and solitary reason why Beeblebrox has been spared further humiliation at their hands.
Once again you see: there is no Wiki Justice. There is only Wiki-Revenge, Wiki-Lies and Wiki-Coverups.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:37 pm

.......Fae's main supporters there were a person banned by arbcom many years ago, whose socks I have helped to block here, and a globally banned troll who runs an attack site that has like 15 threads about how horrible I am. ...... Beeblebrox (talk) 19:00, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
I honestly don't think he knows his arse from his elbow.

"Fae's main supporters" is a fucking bizarre thing to say, full stop, let alone for someone in his position who is doing what he is doing.

The guy is in deep shit, and I don't think he has the first idea.

If only he had the sense to just admit what he did and apologise.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Must be the Alaskan melt water. Probably got mercury and uranium in that shit. :lol:

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:18 pm

Thanks to Hilbillyholiday, I have just realised AttackTheMoonNow is actually Globally Banned, which maybe fills in a blank here.

That's not good for Beeblebrox at all, because that means the person who controls Celtic Minded isn't a racist or a pedophile or a stalker. And they haven't even done anything to Wikipedian/s except ask awkward questions on Wikipedia.

Think Kumioko, but with talent.

Awkward questions like why didn't the Commons community view what Beeblebrox did to Fae as harassment?

Questions so serious, the person asking them can be banned for any reason, including NO REASON AT ALL.

Oh dear. What's that sound? It's the sound of Vigina finally realizing why I said he properly fucked up when he chose to back the WMF agasint Lomax.

He's on Team Beeblebrox now. And forever more. :lol:

And Beeblebrox has to live with the shame, forever, that his candy ass can only truly be protected by Trust and Safety.

Which isn't even true, because what's the point of a Global Ban if it's so ineffective the person it allegedly applies to, didn't even notice it? Didn't even seemingly make a dent in their ability to do what they want to do.

Because I am AttackTheMoonNow. Not. Maybe. Yes. No. :lol: :oops: :roll: 8-)

The shame that people doing nothing more threatening to Wikipedia than asking rather obvious questions like how the fuck is that bastard getting away with such obvious misconduct, minus the swears, are seen as so dangerous to the cult, they have to be cast as pedophiles. They have to be PEDOBANNED. :lol:

That's.....not good. Right?

You see what you are, Beeblebrox. A very special flower. Bet you didn't know that! :lol:

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:25 am

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:18 pm
Because I am AttackTheMoonNow.
Yep.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category: ... TheMoonNow
Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
But as far as I know, I'm not globally banned
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... on=history
SMcCandish wrote: The language style is similar, and both MaryKontana and WanderingWanda leapt right into being part of a "User:Fæ defense brigade" pattern.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... ow/Archive
AttackTheMoonNow wrote: I have made eighteen edits to try and prevent a Wikipedia Administrator bringing Wikipedia into disrepute. There is literally no way in hell that can be fairly considered as not being here to benefit Wikipedia. Not one person has bothered to substantiate any of their accusations against me, most have freely admitted they have no proof I am a sock, they just know it to be true. How ironic. It is false by the way, but being such good logicians you of course know I have no way of proving that. I guess I will have to leave it up to blind faith that at least one Administrator will do the right thing here. Oh no, wait, that makes me incompetent, does it not? It is an absolute joke that people have been able to accuse me with impunity that my singular interest in that issue has somehow damaged or disrupted Wikipedia. In what way? The "SPA" page asks you to show how that is the case, or what least bother to say how, providing proof not being anyone's strong point it seems. I'm not so incompetent that I did not spot that, eh? Perhaps I am liable for their eye strain? Did my posts take the person who openly declared they did not read a single word of them, away from some important task? Like making twice as many comments as me, for example. Does he incur emotional trauma from having to find the courage to accuse me of violating the civility policy? What a massive hypocrite. This block has been placed solely to prevent me being able to point these things out. Self-protection of the highest order.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... tober_2018

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:12 am

Jake Is A Sellout wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:18 pm
Think Kumioko, but with talent.
Kumi has done a lot of strange and pointless things on wp (including epic amounts of talkpage blather post-2012, WHETHER HE ADMITS IT OR NOT), but he's also done some actual work. A while ago. (He had most of his old edits deleted, but you can get some idea how long he's been grinding with his 2008 RFA. From back when he was still writing actual content.)

Some of those schmucks STILL cannot agree if Kumi is a "disruptive editor" or not. He still has supporters.....
Because I am AttackTheMoonNow. Not. Maybe. Yes. No. :lol: :oops: :roll: 8-)
Smells like a duck, etc.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:47 pm

Whatever you do to ducks, do NOT smell them.

Shouldn't have to say that, but....... :lol:

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:41 pm

Now there will be huge scandal and giant lawsuit because sockpuppet blocked.
Jake Is A Sellout wrote:

An English Wikipedia Arbitration Committee Member getting blocked for harassing a Commons editor, would be a huge scandal. Even before Framgate, but certainly after, with the world and their dog having been told that there is no need for Foundation oversight, that the democratically elected ArbCom is all that is needed to ensure a minimal standard of behaviour is assured.

It needed to be prevented. Perhaps it needed to be prevented so badly, they happily decided to take the risk and do something that has probably exposed someone to legal risk. Would they have taken that chance? Gambled that nobody is going to do what the law can force them to do, for an incident like this.

I hope they have.

Because I think, if you presented this the right way, the legal fighting fund would build itself. The chance to expose a Wikipedia CheckUser perhaps doing illegal shit to protect the very person who sits on the Committee tasked with making sure CheckUsers aren't doing illegal shit? Awesome.

Jake Is A Sellout
Sucks Warrior

Post by Jake Is A Sellout » Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:22 pm

Privacy is the new antitrust. And George Floyd has flipped the script on matters institutional. People pay attention to that stuff now. A brave new world.

And this is Wikipedia. They NEVER see it coming. They wait for it to happen, and pray that people don't care.

People didn't care about the Lomax judgement, and that's a good thing, because it simply kicked that scandal down the road.

The forthcoming super cops of Wikipedia are pointless and powerless, but at the very same time are completely empowered to fuck with even Beeblebrox if they see a reason to. And as the ongoing game of Three Monkeys that surrounds Jess Wade shows, Wikipedians high and low, will do ANYTHING to avoid bad PR.

When they finally realise this, and it's wonderful to think it might only be when they properly fuck Beeblebrox up the ass with his own truncheon as a sacrificial lamb to the Gods of Woke, it will make Framgate look like a tea party.