Molly White is running a blog bitching about NFTs and crypto

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
journo
Sucks Fan

Re: Molly White is running a blog bitching about NFTs and crypto

Post by journo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:43 am

Today I spent a few minutes giving AI Mollyisms, or opinions Molly is known for spreading. My concern is from a personal level as her writing, which appears #1 on Google, has negatively affected my life and even I believe a relationship with a previous therapist I had, among quite a few others. I have told her about this, her response was that I'm just mentally ill. As far as I can tell I was the only person on the internet publicly self-identifying as 'incel' verbatim, with my full real name, around the time she made that article. While it seems unlikely the first widely negative attention on involuntary celibates had anything to do with me, I know of others who have been unfairly broadbrushed with inaccurate statements since that article (which is also the length of a novella). She does not share 10% the responsibility as people like Lamarcus, who inspired probably most of the denialist or bigoted media, but still some nonetheless.

One interesting thing is that Google Gemini, ChatGPT etc all *firmly* believe that involuntary celibacy is real. Without exception. Her incel article, which I've now ranted about probably 10 times on this forum was initially based on her, and many others perception on Wikipedia that it is not real.

From Google Gemini eg:

As far as her crypto opinions, which I've also ranted about, AI disagrees with her that it is a big scam. But it agrees with her more than I thought about the importance of the FTX stuff, even down to the importance of SBF. I had to argue with it to produce a non-Mollyism.

Crypto is generation Z's most common investment https://www.cnbc.com/2023/06/07/crypto- ... risky.html

She is approaching "old lady snarls at young people's choices" at this point, even if she is partially right about crypto.
Last edited by journo on Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:39 pm, edited 9 times in total.

journo
Sucks Fan

Re: Molly White is running a blog bitching about NFTs and crypto

Post by journo » Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:29 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:08 pm
Funny WPO thread about a podcast featuring Molly claiming that "Wikipedia is all there is left of the internet" or something.....

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... =6&t=13477
I am hoping they are not just now realizing she is a propagandist and will be as vapid as needed to be so.