Another one bites the dust: Display Name 99

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
SkepticalHistorian
Sucks Fan

Another one bites the dust: Display Name 99

Post by SkepticalHistorian » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:41 pm

He brought the Andrew Jackson article to featured status and eventually got blocked from editing it!
SEMI-RETIRED

Wikipedia has become a toxic mess. Wikipedia is supposed to be an accessible source of good information available to anyone, and to maintain impartiality by presenting as fact only things which are widely acknowledged as such. Wikipedia is no longer that. Instead, it has become a tool for the atheistic and globalist ideology of the Great Reset. Valuable information is scuttered and impartiality abandoned as articles are made to cater specifically to those with short attention spans and philosophies consistent with the New World Order. Editors who protest are punished no matter how competent they are or how much they have contributed to the site, while almost any amount of belligerent behavior and incompetency is permitted as long as the editors who engage in such practices do so in the service of the left-wing consensus.

I have done my best to fight against this, but it has proven to be too much for me. I was indefinitely blocked from the site for not doing any more to advocate for conservative positions than many progressive editors advocate for progressive positions without suffering any consequences. More recently, I have been indefinitely blocked from the Andrew Jackson article, an article that I brought to featured article status and helped maintain, without satisfactory reason being given. Meanwhile, other editors who have adopted a battleground mentality on the talk page, made comments that were uncivil and blatant POV-pushing, edited disputed material without consensus, and frequently disrupted discussions were not punished and scarcely even reprimanded, including after I brought specific attention to many of these violations. I have made repeated unblock requests that have not been accepted, while I have been forced to watch as this article, which I have spent countless hours editing, has been wrecked through the removal of valuable content. Wikipedia is a trash heap that has been disgraced by editors who either do not have a clue how to create good content or do not care about doing so.

I have given the matter some thought and prayer, and decided that it is not worth the cost to my time and constitution to keep fighting these battles and trying to save a place that has grown so corrupt and decadent. I have done my duty and can do no more. So long as I am not completely blocked from the site, I will probably still make some gnomish edits from time to time, or revert some silliness here or there on articles that I have edited which have not yet gone the way of Andrew Jackson, but as far as embarking on any more large-scale projects here, I think I’m finished.

For those who intend to continue fighting for a good, comprehensive, and neutral encyclopedia, I pray that God’s blessings be upon them. With that, I step away.

Display name 99 (talk) 18:13, 27 September 2022 (UTC)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Display_name_99

badmachine
Sucker

Re: Another one bites the dust: Display Name 99

Post by badmachine » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:32 am

wikipedia doesnt deserve the user anyway. the pickle on top of this shit parfait is an edit war over a semi-retired notice on their own talkpage by something called Lavalizard101. the rest of this user's odyssey is well documented on their current talkpage.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Another one bites the dust: Display Name 99

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:17 am

badmachine wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:32 am
wikipedia doesnt deserve the user anyway. the pickle on top of this shit parfait is an edit war over a semi-retired notice on their own talkpage by something called Lavalizard101. the rest of this user's odyssey is well documented on their current talkpage.
Yeah, that's not a good look:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1112736479
Reverted by Bbb23 thirteen minues later. Sockpuppets beating up other sockpuppets.