Wikipedia admin DGG has passed away. He was one of the last good admins.

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Re: Wikipedia admin DGG has passed away. He was one of the last good admins.

Post by ChaosMeRee » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:42 am

The only good Wikipedian is a dead Wikipedian.

I think DGG stood out to some because he wasn't an asshole and he seemed to genuinely believe in Wikipedia to the point he didn't approach it as if winning was everything. it says a lot that this is rare.

He was however dogged in his policy positions, notably never testing them in an RfC as far as I remember. Whether the Wikipedians who survived him to write such glowing obituaries like it or not, that is a mark of someone who should have been banned, not elevated to high office.

DGG deserved to die for the same reason all Wikipedians with *real* power do. He never stood up to the bullies. That is why the good guy label fits him - the only thing needed for evil to flourish, is for the good guys to do nothing.

Hopefully Doug Weller is next to die. He has cancer apparently. Another one who has achieved high office and who many will no doubt laud as one of the good ones when he passes.

Hopefully when he is burning in hell he will have better things to be worrying about than the annoyance of LTAs....
These LTAs are a pain. Doug Weller talk 18:58, 6 November 2023 (UTC)

Fascinating also. Well, in a way. Hardly worth tagging or listing or the like. Bishonen | tålk 21:50, 6 November 2023 (UTC).

The only reason I would ever want the difficult job as admin is to read the revdels. O3000, Ret. (talk) 22:44, 6 November 2023 (UTC)

I know! I handed in my tools for a while once, and being shut out from the revdels just killed me. I kept thinking, just as you are now thinking about the post in question, that they had to be amazingly interesting. I assure you this one wasn't, but I know it's not in human nature to believe me. Bishonen | tålk 22:54, 6 November 2023 (UTC).
The now memory holed post in question was of course a fact based reminder to everyone that Bishonen is not fit to be an Administrator.

She is an evil bitch from whom bad faith and aggression are as natural to her as breathing......
Are you using a sock because your main account is blocked? If it's not, I don't understand how it would compromise your privacy to ask those aggressive questions of Cullen from your main account rather than from a throwaway sock. But then of course I don't know if there's history between the two of you. The reason I don't know is that you have gone out of your way to conceal your own Wikipedia history. Has Cullen disobliged you in some way, that you need to hide in the shadows to 'engage him in discussion' (=imply that he might disregard a "mere" [sic] personal promise, and accuse him of an elastic commitment to honesty)? Bishonen | tålk 12:37, 5 November 2023 (UTC).
"Gone out of your way" to "hide in the shadows" is how the Wicked Witch Of Wikipedia refers to someone exercising their fundamental policy right to protect their privacy.

And if there is one iota of aggression in this post....
The dilemma now is that it is entirely foreseeable for a situation to arise where you see manifest benefit to Wikipedia in temporarily or even permanently setting aside a mere personal promise to keep your consulting and volunteer efforts separate. What then? Does your commitment to honesty stretch to disclosure in those circumstances?
....I cannot see it.

There is also clearly not an accusation of dishonesty there either. That would be uncivil.

It is legitimate to ask Cullen if he can see a scenario where he would break his promise for the good of Wikipedia and not tell anyone. This is no different to asking if he would ever invoke IAR without telling anyone. Ordinarily one would think an Administrator would not do that. But ordinarily one would think an Administrator would not charge people for advice and not tell anyone he was doing that either. But he did.

It is risky, sure. The powerful never like to have their use of power questioned, and this applies as much on Wikipedia as it does in any cult. So you need that ability to protect your privacy and security.

I care about the ethical questions Cullen's move into being a dirty filthy money grabbing bastard raises for Wikipedia. But not so much I would put my career on the line for the meagre privelage of being able to question him about it at his talk page.

Bishonen is a very big reason why people need to do such things. It is not an accident that it was Bishonen who was the driving force behind PROJSOCK, the policy that effectively means you cannot comment on project matters without exposing your full edit history.

Theoretically you can still do so If there are legitimate privacy or security concerns, but as we see here, when she has the help of the so called good guys, the Doug Wellers, and the assistance of the proven bad guys, Bbb23, she can achieve in practice what policy says she must not do.

She must not extend the already wide limitation in using an alternative accounts, to an outright ban.

But she did. And we know why, from that emotion laden post. Cullen is her wikifriend. A theoretical peer, one of the handful with responsibility for checking what she does, but in reality, one of many loyal lap dogs who will faithfully come to her aid should a miracle happen and someone reports her to AN/I or even files an Arbitration Case request.

Given his past comments about Jimmy Wales, I think we all know what Cullen thinks about the principle of blocking an Administrator who is straight up guilty of personal attacks, to set the precedent that Administrators are held to a higher standard. Unacceptable. Outrageous. That now infamous incident was of course also a case where Bishonen was in her warped mind, defending a friend. Letting her emotions get the better of her. Ignoring policy because It was inconvenient.

It isn't an accident that Cullen328, Doug Weller, and essentially EVERY SINGLE WIKIPEDIA ADMINISTRATOR, CHECKSUER AND ARBITRATOR, simply refers to "sockpuppet", as if every single use of a sock is illegitimate, against policy, forbidden. There is no such thing as a legitimate sock. Just as Bishonen wants, and needs.
My Other Wiki Is Magic you are obviously an alternate account of an experienced editor who is unwilling, for whatever reason, to engage in discussion on a level playing ground....... Cullen328 (talk) 07:24, 5 November 2023 (UTC)

User:My Other Wiki Is Magic is almost certainly a sock. Doug Weller talk 09:40, 5 November 2023 (UTC)

14:02, 5 November 2023 Bbb23 talk contribs blocked My Other Wiki Is Magic talk contribs with an expiration time of indefinite (account creation blocked) (Clearly not here to build an encyclopedia, sock and or troll)

I will not be taking business advice from sockpuppets. Cullen328 (talk) 18:28, 5 November 2023 (UTC)
The Golden Rule of the Cult in action. Keep the outsiders out and the insiders in their place.

Bishonen is a bully. Relying on the fear and doubt that arises when someone is weighing up doing the right thing (standing up for Wikipedia policy) against exposing your entire edit history (i.e. the things you hold dear and perhaps even your real world identity) to ensure nobody stands up for Wikipedia policy. Least of all in the question of whether Bishonen complies with WP:ADMIN or not.

I'm glad DGG is dead. The more "good guys" that die, the more obvious it should become that Wikipedia is attractive to the bad guys, and that it, as an exercise in volunteer led governance, not just cannot but absolutely will not do anything about it.

I would go as far as to say anyone who believes in the concept of a good guy on Wikipedia, doesn't fully understand how Wikipedia works. To accelerate their understanding, they need to put themselves in a situation where they are exposed to Bishonen in all her glory, when she is at her most confident that she can be her true self. The undisputed Queen of Wikipedia (with Drmies as a kind of supplicant King Consort).

Which is a good time to remind everyone the one of the few remaining policy allowable reasons for using a sock-puppet, is to experience Wikipedia through the eyes of a novice.

Experiment with them. Ethically or not. No use applying ethics to a place that quite proudly has none, imho. YMMV.

Report your findings here, so that others might learn the truth of Wikipedia. The cowards of Wikipediocracy have no desire to host such findings. They want no part of documenting the many reasons why a good person would want to thrust a knife into the dark heart of a Bishonen, as well as approach the news that a DGG had died with a cold hearted indifference.

And it will be fitting that Bishonen out lives Doug, just as she outlived DGG. What is dead can never die.

Protect the innocent, punish the guilty.

HTD.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:07 pm

ChaosMeRee wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:42 am
I'm glad DGG is dead. The more "good guys" that die, the more obvious it should become that Wikipedia is attractive to the bad guys, and that it, as an exercise in volunteer led governance, not just cannot but absolutely will not do anything about it.
I agree. This is accelerationism. It's the same logic behind my plans for Wikipedia. I've been thinking about the idea of a special vandal bot for a while. Rather than just blatantly vandalize pages and get blocked, instead it would just start discussions and fights that would (hopefully) lead to more time being wasted, blocks, and an even less attractive editing environment. It could even use multiple socks to encourage further arguing. I have other ideas too, but I don't want to post them on the public forum.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:42 pm

ChaosMeRee wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:42 am
The only good Wikipedian is a dead Wikipedian.
:shock: :D :shrug:
I think DGG stood out to some because he wasn't an asshole and he seemed to genuinely believe in Wikipedia to the point he didn't approach it as if winning was everything. it says a lot that this is rare.

He was however dogged in his policy positions, notably never testing them in an RfC as far as I remember. Whether the Wikipedians who survived him to write such glowing obituaries like it or not, that is a mark of someone who should have been banned, not elevated to high office.
Correct. He was a high-ranking cult member, nothing more. Any true cult needs its martyrs. Like all true cultists Goodman spent far more time fighting with people on talkpages and noticeboards than he did working on "content". The content was nothing to him but a convenient coatrack for a corrupt bureaucracy with himself at the top.