Drmies humiliated at Post-Soviet states

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Boink Boink
Sucks Fan

Drmies humiliated at Post-Soviet states

Post by Boink Boink » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:24 am

As is his way, yesterday Drmies exercised his personal prerogative to yank out a huge tab!e from Post-Soviet states.....
curprev 14:02, 22 June 2023‎ Drmies talk contribs‎ 107,150 bytes −21,774‎ →‎Country comparison: why would we do a comparison, and in such a prominent place? undo Tag: Reverted)
That is already a pretty sub-par move. The table has been there a very long time, and he cited no policy volation, it was quite literally his personal editorial preference. Note too that his reasoning is all over the place. Is his issue with the table existing at all, or merely its prominence (first section in the article)?

He then shows how unfit he is to be an editor, never mind an Administrator......

First, he edit wars.....
curprev 16:14, 22 June 2023‎ Archives908 talk contribs‎ 128,924 bytes +21,774‎ Undid revision 1161422204 by Drmies (talk) Per WP:BRD, your edit has been reverted twice now. Instead of WP:EDITWAR, you must seek WP:CON. Do you really not know this by now? undo Tag: Undo

curprev 16:09, 22 June 2023‎ Drmies talk contribs‎ 107,150 bytes −21,774‎ Undid revision 1161417280 by Archives908 disagree: that is NOT the focus of this article. the information is redundant since available on the individual articles. the very contents of the tables indicate cruft. but don't take my word for it: I will post a note with relevant links on the talk page undo Tags: Undo Reverted

curprev 15:32, 22 June 2023‎ Archives908 talk contribs‎ 128,924 bytes +21,774‎ Undid revision 1161416529 by Drmies (talk) Restoring last stable version. This is a useful comparison of post-soviet nation states which, of course, is the primary focus of the article. In any case, a change of this magnitude requires consensus. undo Tags: Undo Reverted

curprev 15:27, 22 June 2023‎ Drmies talk contribs‎ 107,150 bytes −21,774‎ Undid revision 1161408060 by 58.11.45.24 (talk) that doesn't make this huge and overlinked list any more acceptable undo Tags: Undo Reverted

curprev 14:10, 22 June 2023‎ 58.11.45.24 talk‎ 128,924 bytes +21,774‎ Undid revision 1161406952 by Drmies (talk) this article is essentially a list of post-soviet states, and how they differ since independence; the rest of the article also compares the countries in terms of economic development and geopolitical alignments undo Tags: Undo Reverted
He finally does what an editor is supposed to do, and starts a talk page discussion. But as is his way, it is combative, dismissive, insulting, and generally shows Drmies is only doing this because he is forced to by policy.

He has absolutely no intention of changing his mind. He has "very good reasons" for removing these tables (so already it looks like a FAIT ACCOMPLI campaign against a class of content, rather than about this specific article). He doesn't seem remotely concerned that outsiders are still going to have a hard time figuring out if he objects to the table outright, or if he would be satisfied with merely a different position or table content.

This is where it gets really hilarious. Hoping for a quick victory, Drmies pings Nederlandse Leeuw, apparently expecting him to show swift and strong support.

Nederlandse Leeuw goes in a different direction. He castigates Drmies for his intellectual dishonesty, combative and unilateral approach and his arrogant presumption he would unquestionably support him once it became clear Archives908 wasn't just going to be bullied into submission.

He takes particular offence, rightly, at Drmies trying to first cite an RfC that hasn't even closed yet and is of questionable applicability, and then subtly trying to canvass people to this dispute from that RfC.

Drmies claiming this isn't "part of some eradication program" seems to be a very Freudian slip.

Drmies responds in his his usual arrogant and selective way, but that only pisses Nederlandse Leeuw off and he doubles down on his criticism of his conduct....
You're not entitled to WP:EW. And I stand by my comments of what I consider to have been unhelpful or inappropriate actions. I think we should await the outcome of the RfC. Patience rather than rushing.

You have been warned about WP:EW.

I think you should keep it WP:COOL, and be a bit more careful and diplomatic right now, and not question Archives908's good-faith edit. If you are bothered by the fact that you cannot get your way immediately (at least not until the RfC decides in your / our favour), I suggest you go do something else in the meantime. There is nothing for you to gain here by choosing this as your hill to die on. Please be patient, and allow the process of consensus-building at the RfC to continue.
Tail now firmly between his legs, Drmies has evidently finally decided to let consensus take its course, and got the hell out of there.

Clearly pleased that someone has stood up to the bully, Archives908 sticks the boot in and says to Drmies....
I would've expected an editor- with 15 years of experience- to have known these basic tenants by now.
Yes, yes you would.

Hilarious.

Drmies of course knows exactly how an editor is supposed to behave, but he has always known that being an Administrator with lots of friends, is a free pass to do whatever the hell you want. Nothing he does here is in any way unusual. He rides around Wikipedia making big bold edits pursuant to a very specific view of how content should look, and bullying anyone who objects.

Perhaps the tide has turned.

Perhaps people now realise it isn't the Foundation, Jimmy Wales or Scottywong who have been the reason why Wikipedia has been in a long slow decline.

It's people like Drmies.

Who but an absolute idiot willingly puts up with having to accept Drmies is your notional colleague?

You are expected to follow all the policies. He is held to no real standard at all, let alone a "higher standard".

After all, what sanctions has he actually faced for his behaviour here? He has been humiliated, sure, but he hasn't been officially warned. The incident hasn't been officially logged. Nobody is remembering these incidents so they can be presented as /Evidence in a future ArbCom Case where we all get to see if Drmies really is a better Administrator than Scottywong or AlisonW, or whether he just has more friends.

Nobody can deny he has friends, not for his sparkling personality of course, merely because a lot of people think his sheer assholery is done with the sincere belief he is improving Wikipedia. The same of course was said about Eric Corbett.

As always, you will not find a single word of condemnation about this on Wikipediocracy.

Why would their members like Moneytress or Beeblebrox be concerned about such an experienced editor acting with such contempt for policy, with such rudeness and hostility? An Administrator no less.

They are only Wikipedia Arbitrators. Their job is to uphold the higher standard applied to Administrators.

The really hilarious part? Drmies is a former Arbitrator too.

The really sick part? This campaign probably isn't even about the content merits alone. As we learn when we follow the RfC links he himself provided.....
At least some of those were added by a longterm disruptive editor, they never came with any explanation or argument, and why would we do that in the first place? I mean, the coats of arms and flags, who cares and what is the relevance of it? I've seen comparisons between a country and the EU, where lists of "important cities" are given--for what? I appreciate the idea that we should be consistent--but in this case, the better consistency is to remove that information. BTW I worked on a whole bunch of these articles a decade ago, and that stuff wasn't there at the time. Drmies (talk) 01:47, 8 October 2020 (UTC)

Too many articles suffer from this typically overlinked and overfetishized material which often accretes--material with emblems and flags and overlinking, with randomly picked data, and often in the most disruptive and conspicuous of places, such as in this article. I'll add that in many of the articles, it was the work of an LTA operating a variety of IPs from Turkey.
....there is a more personal aspect. Drmies has a sense of OWNership, and is trying to stick it to an "LTA".

There is no higher standard on Wikipedia. There is no standard at all.

With all the official governance systems entirely ineffective when faced with the prospect of sanctioning a popular Administrator, all you can do to exercise your wikirights to fair treatment and basic dignity, is humiliate these disgusting bastards when the opportunity arises, and hope that it pushes them to do something so out of line that does actually get your fired on Wikipedia. Drmies' skill has always been to be to be able to spot when he is approaching that point, and walk away. He probably instead goes and kicks his cat or beats his wife.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Drmies humiliated at Post-Soviet states

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:52 pm

PLEASE POST LINKS if you're gonna rant about another admin shitshow

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... ison_cruft

ESPECIALLY if it involves Drmies being his usual arrogant self...
he's done similar things too many times to count, okay?