Arbcom 2017

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Mutineer
Sucks Fan

Arbcom 2017

Post by Mutineer » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:15 am

This is just some stream-of-consciousness stuff I typed today when I realized I hadn't had a look at Arbcom in a long time. It doesn't break new ground but you can comment or not as you see fit. The Arbcom elections (for some of them) will happen in a couple months, so it's probably good to have a look at:

Arbcom 2017

Casliber. I dunno. Does anyone know who this guy is. States at his userpage that he lives in Sydney, Australia.

Callanecc. Identied (note: not "outed"). Some 30ish Aussie cop I think. I have a negative impression of him in that he likes those Wikipedia rules, but is blind to when they are broken by fellow administrators. Gee, that outlook may also apply if he's a cop.

DGG. Identified (note: not outed, also I think he's been open about it). Some oldish New York City librarian person.

Doug Weller. Some UK old-timer. Likes his small dog (s?). I've observed him behave overbearingly to a common editor, but this is anecdotal.

Drmies. Identified (note: not "outed"). Some true weirdo professor at Auburn University in Alabama. He used his Wikipedia activity to help justify his getting tenure there, to Auburn's further discredit. Belligerent to common editors. Has threatened a banned user "Marinka Van Dam" by suggesting he would pay Marinka a visit when he went to UK for a "sausage party." Has made on-Wikipedia insinuations of pedophilia. Identifies as "female, male, and "third gender" at his userpage, go look, I'm not making it up.

GorillaWarfare. Identified (note: not outed). She's okay, she's not okay, I think she's fallen prey to the abusive tendencies of Wikipedia's administrative sector, and now she does them too. Who knows? Has a strange fascination with Satanism, by her content work.

Keilana. Open about her identity. Paid by WMF as a "Wikipedia-in-Residence" wherever it was. Was glorified in mainstream-ish media for writing an article on a female scientist for every sexist email she received. I personally think she hammed up and made up harassers. She could furnish the emails to disprove this.

Kelapstick. Who's this person. States "I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, but commute to work in Indonesia." I dunno much about him or her.

Kirill Lokshin. That's his name. Sounds like a Tolkien dwarf name to me, but he's a large soft-looking man. He was belligerent towards a Wikipedia critic that came highly-armed with a dangerous camera and notepad to a Wikipedia gathering in a public library in San Diego last year. Kirill's waste-deep in WMF pay-offs for conference work and "scholarships" and so forth.

Ks0stm. I know nothing about this one, but looking at his contributions history (note: it could be sanitized) his first edits were about tornados. Appears to be from Kansas, USA.

Mkdw. Who's this person. No idea. First time (I think) I've heard of him or her. His 12th edit (it was 2006) as shown in his Wikipedia contributions right now was to "Vagina Envy."

Newyorkbrad. Worst New York lawyer I can personally name, and I can personally name more than two. That's an opinion statement by the way, not libelous in the slightest, ladies and germs. He's been at the Wikipedia administrative game for eons, a real Wikipedia dinosaur.

Opabinia regalis. Dunno much about this person who states at her userpage she is female.

"Inactive:"

DeltaQuad. Identified (note: not outed). IIRC he or she was quite disturbed a couple or three years ago when he or she was identified (note: not "outed"). Don't take a position of power over other editors then, Delty-Delt.

Euryalus. Another Aussie, evidently. Gee, that's 25% of Arbcom. Tarantino (I think it was Tarantino) found a group picture of him with his mates at their karate dojo, but I dunno if the correct Euryalus was clipped from it.

EDIT: Format only.
I am "Modsquad" here, and participate, but I don't want you to think we can't have an angry argument.

Cinnamon
Sucks Noob

Re: Arbcom 2017

Post by Cinnamon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:48 am

Mutineer wrote:Arbcom 2017

Casliber. I dunno. Does anyone know who this guy is. States at his userpage that he lives in Sydney, Australia.

Cas Liber
https://au.linkedin.com/in/cas-liber-6bb4982b

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... der_Adults

Cinnamon
Sucks Noob

Post by Cinnamon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:59 am

Doug Weller. Some UK old-timer. Likes his small dog (s?). I've observed him behave overbearingly to a common editor, but this is anecdotal.

http://archive.is/yVYTF
http://www.robertschoch.net/Bosnia%20Py ... tation.htm

Cinnamon
Sucks Noob

Post by Cinnamon » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:18 am

Kirill Lokshin. That's his name. Sounds like a Tolkien dwarf name to me, but he's a large soft-looking man. He was belligerent towards a Wikipedia critic that came highly-armed with a dangerous camera and notepad to a Wikipedia gathering in a public library in San Diego last year. Kirill's waste-deep in WMF pay-offs for conference work and "scholarships" and so forth.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cate ... a_2016.jpg

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kirill_Lokshin_(2013).jpg

Fixed link. -- Mod

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:54 pm

I have met several of these people in real life but not all and most of your comments are dead in IMO.

- Casliber like to fashion himself a critic but also often justifies the bad conduct of other Wikipediots.
- Callanecc, I have a low opinion of this one myself. They are a typical problematic admin who justifies poor conduct in other admins.
- DGG
- Doug Weller and Drmies are hit and miss but they often side with their fellow admins no matter how abysmal their conduct.
- GorillaWarfare is, quite frankly, useless. She rarely does anything. I honestly think they hold the Arbcom billet just to use as a resume builder.
- NewYorkBrad is a hypocrite
- Kirill is an engineer by trade I believe but spend most of his time kissing up to the WMF and as you put it, collecting free handouts of donation dollars. He is an arrogant twit for someone with virtually no friends outside the WMF sphere of influence.

In general though, most of these individuals stand out to me as those who will support their fellow admins and the WMF even when at fault. Won't rock the boat, won't do anything to give editors a fair editing environment and will help maintain the status quo.
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks, Kumioko, you did a good job of summarizing.

Mutineer: the book-wiki notes cover most of these candidates. I'd be happy to send you a copy so you're never "out of the loop". It's too big to send via email and I'd prefer not to post it on a sharing site or elsewhere (most of them are hacked constantly and leak like sieves). PM or email me if you can provide a postal address and I'll send it on a flash drive.

Flip Flopped
Sucks Warrior

Post by Flip Flopped » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:24 am

Useful thread, Mutineer. Thanks!

I find it highly likely that NYB lies either by omission or commission, I'm not sure which (or both?).

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Flip Flopped wrote:Useful thread, Mutineer. Thanks!

I find it highly likely that NYB lies either by omission or commission, I'm not sure which (or both?).

Given that NYB is a lawyer I would argue that both is likely and I have witnessed and experienced him doing both personally.
#BbbGate

Cinnamon
Sucks Noob

Post by Cinnamon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 pm

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cate ... a_2016.jpg

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kirill_Lokshin_(2013).jpg

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stock ... omm,%20Inc.

Mr. Kirill Lokshin serves as Principal Software Engineer of Ingenicomm, Inc. Mr. Lokshin has a proven track record of designing and implementing cutting-edge software solutions for satellite ground system products, and has developed and maintained software for digital signal processing, spacecraft telemetry, tracking, and command, telemetry processing and time-data correlation, space link and ground network operations, network monitoring and management, automated system control, and data archiving and retrieval. He has extensive experience leading development efforts at all stages of the software life cycle, including architecture and design, implementation, integration, and deployment, and serves as the product manager for Ingenicomm’s Configurable Ground Systems (CGS) product family. Prior to Ingenicomm, he was responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of mission-critical software for various digital and analog satellite ground systems at Avtec Systems and Integral Systems. Mr. Lokshin graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree from the University of Maryland.

http://americandigest.org/mt-archives/a ... ditors.php

April 25, 2011
"Neutral" Wikipedia Editors. Ever wonder what they look like?
Wonder no more. Behold as they gather deep beneath the shadowy wings of their great god, Moonbat:
SchuminWeb, Aude, Staeiou, Swatjester, Kirill Lokshin, BRG, and Newyorkbrad.

Mutineer
Sucks Fan

Post by Mutineer » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:22 pm

I think I'm reading the page correctly. Arbcom 2017 has handled only four cases. It's November, there's one more active one, maybe it'll get to five. See for yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration/Index/Cases/2017.

So what do the arbcommies actually do these days? Very close to nothing, it seems to me. Being on Arbcom is the final feather for one's cap. I guess they get dormant, or play around with the privacy-invasive toys like checkuser to probe their enemies. Browse the Arbcom mailing list archives, that kind of thing.

The real power is with the time-rich anonymous types at WP:AN/ANI. I remember that asshat New York Brad saying people should try to reform WP:AN/ANI, not Arbcom. Well, Brad, you're the ultimate insider. Why don't you begin? It's certainly nothing an outsider can do, and WP:AN/ANI regulars will kick, bite, and scratch anyone that dares to try to put some restraints on their mob-rules ugliness.

Incidentally, Wikipedia is, starting today, accepting self-nomination for the December Arbcom elections. Nobody has submitted yet. I'll have a look again in a few days. It once seemed vaguely productive to critique them, but if they don't actually do anything these days, what's the point.
I am "Modsquad" here, and participate, but I don't want you to think we can't have an angry argument.