Koavf reverts Doug Weller's revert to Antifa, Bishonen blocks Koavf, and many accusations of trolling and "admin abuse"

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: Koavf reverts Doug Weller's revert to Antifa, Bishonen blocks Koavf, and many accusations of trolling and "admin abu

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:18 pm

"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Re: Koavf reverts Doug Weller's revert to Antifa, Bishonen blocks Koavf, and many accusations of trolling and "admin abu

Post by ChaosMeRee » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:54 pm

Hilarious. Great catch.
Do you support the suggestion I'm a c**t?

Very disappointing to see you in a thread saying that. Plus the attack on User:Bishonen. Those attacks didn't seem to bother you. Doug Weller talk 11:22, 8 January 2024 (UTC)

I didn't say or support any such things (and if the C word showed up somewhere, I didn't see it). I would have thought, over the years, that you would have realised the respect I have for both you and Bish. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 11:36, 8 January 2024 (UTC)

@Doug Weller: I've rechecked all my recent comments, and I still have no idea where (or how) I'm supposed to have called you a "c**t" or supported anyone else calling you one, or where I have attacked (or supported attacks on) User:Bishonen. Would you care to explain? Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 11:46, 8 January 2024 (UTC)

@Doug Weller: Hmm, after searching wider, I think I might know what this is about. I'll send you an email. (But I'll add here, for the public record, that I do not in any way endorse the comments that I think you refer to.) Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 13:12, 8 January 2024 (UTC)

I think Doug must be referring to your posting in a Wikipedia Sucks thread and taking no notice of the fact that people above you in the thread had been calling Doug (and me) various charming epithets. Did you think Wikipedia Sucks was the best place for your post? I mean, other criticism sites are available. Bishonen | tålk 14:48, 8 January 2024 (UTC).

I worked out that was likely the thing, and I've emailed Doug about it. I had good reasons (I believe) to post there, which I explained to him. I'll send you a copy by email too, and I'll probably remove this thread soon as it really should be an offline discussion. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 15:04, 8 January 2024 (UTC)
Well she sure put him in his place, didn't she?

The dude made precisely ONE post on here that strayed beyond his trip down the OberRanks memory lane, but that was enough to send these bastards into all out intimidation mode.

Know your place, Boing!

If you want to comment on the big boy's forum, you have to be a big boy. Stand on your own two feet.

People who need other people's permission before speaking their mind about Wikipedia, they do indeed have their own forum.

Indeed, that is where he came from I guess, wandering into the forest. I hope he knows his way back!

Follow the string Boing! Your mitten string!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

God I get waaaay too much amusement out of this shit, I really do.

But man, do I love being proven right.

:ugeek:

Bishonen's power is clearly growing, her ambitions rising.

ArbCom has never been weaker. Jake never more eager for a full merger.

It can't be too long now.......

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:45 pm

Do you support the suggestion I'm a c**t?

Very disappointing to see you in a thread saying that. Plus the attack on User:Bishonen. Those attacks didn't seem to bother you. Doug Weller talk 11:22, 8 January 2024 (UTC)

I didn't say or support any such things (and if the C word showed up somewhere, I didn't see it). I would have thought, over the years, that you would have realised the respect I have for both you and Bish. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 11:36, 8 January 2024 (UTC)

@Doug Weller: I've rechecked all my recent comments, and I still have no idea where (or how) I'm supposed to have called you a "c**t" or supported anyone else calling you one, or where I have attacked (or supported attacks on) User:Bishonen. Would you care to explain? Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 11:46, 8 January 2024 (UTC)

@Doug Weller: Hmm, after searching wider, I think I might know what this is about. I'll send you an email. (But I'll add here, for the public record, that I do not in any way endorse the comments that I think you refer to.) Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 13:12, 8 January 2024 (UTC)

I think Doug must be referring to your posting in a Wikipedia Sucks thread and taking no notice of the fact that people above you in the thread had been calling Doug (and me) various charming epithets. Did you think Wikipedia Sucks was the best place for your post? I mean, other criticism sites are available. Bishonen | tålk 14:48, 8 January 2024 (UTC).

I worked out that was likely the thing, and I've emailed Doug about it. I had good reasons (I believe) to post there, which I explained to him. I'll send you a copy by email too, and I'll probably remove this thread soon as it really should be an offline discussion. Boing! said Zebedee (talk) 15:04, 8 January 2024 (UTC)
Lol, idiots......

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:19 pm

Sandstein wrote:Support. I am not familiar with the details of this issue, but just looking at this thread, it appears clear to me that any person generating so much overhead for fellow editors, and with a block log that takes up more than one screen, is a net negative to the project. Productive editors quietly generate articles, not drama. Sandstein 07:12, 10 January 2024 (UTC)
..says the guy who's made 1,482 edits to ANI.

"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:40 pm

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:19 pm
Productive editors quietly generate articles, not drama. Sandstein 07:12, 10 January 2024 (UTC)
He 'ain't wrong though.

Proportionally speaking, the vast majority of Wikipedia's best content was created by people who never even need to consciously consider whether or not what they are about to say or do will attract the ire of a trigger happy Admin, much less generate a report at AN/I that has enough merit to actually become a debate.

Koavf may have 2 million edits, but that really 'ain't shit when compared to the total. The entire number of edits by the tiny percentage of people who stay long enough to become a heavyweight creator.

For such insights, he is hated by Team Asshole.

They don't like facts. Never have. They are an emotional people.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:39 am

im not sure but Boing's recent contribs make it seem like he is done with wikipedia. this remark sure looks like the thrill is gone. big if true, and congratulations to him, if he sticks to it.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:30 am

badmachine wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:39 am
this remark sure looks like the thrill is gone.
Dunno if Boing will really quit, but that thread was talking about Italian WP maniac Vituzzu. And I have a little bit of old dirt to share.
It-WP suffers from the same insane behaviour by its administrative corps as en-WP. For an example, consider the 2014 "Daniele Santarelli war", documented here and here in detail. "Vituzzu", the Wikipedia Italia administrator/bureaucrat and WMF steward responsible for this madness, claimed on the 2009 version of his it-WP userpage to be "12 years old", a "dentist", and "living in an attic".
And now I have to update a book wiki article....
Last edited by ericbarbour on Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philomath
Sucks

Post by Philomath » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:10 pm

The fact that emotionally immature, cognitively below-average, petty, karen-esque people like Bishonen and Doug Weller are influential on Wikipedia pretty much sums up the root of Wikipedia's problems.

That is why, despite my conviction that it's truly important for the world that Wikipedia be overhauled, I had to step away for a few months.

It's unclear how to fix an organization in which low-class mediocrities like these two are not only in charge, but looked up to as wise overlords.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:14 am

badmachine wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:39 am
im not sure but Boing's recent contribs make it seem like he is done with wikipedia. this remark sure looks like the thrill is gone. big if true, and congratulations to him, if he sticks to it.
The WIkimedia Foundation sets you up to do their work for them, to take the hits for them, even delivering those hits themselves when expedient as they did to Fram and so many others, and leaves you with only your own dick in your hand as they walk off with all the money.

Don't forget that for all the bullshit some unnamed person or people have done, it was the Foundation which invited and allowed them to do it, then left it to you and others to do something about it. You helped them and received nothing in return.

One of the central addiction mechanisms is the watchlist. It isn't a benefit but a work assignment. Facebook would kill to make their content pushing feeds so addictive but still the effect is evident when you comment, find five responses the next day and some three hours later realize how they've sucked you in to wasting your time. Wikipedia is that times eleven.
Last edited by boredbird on Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:42 am

boredbird wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:14 am
The WIkimedia Foundation sets you up to do their work for them, to take the hits for them, even delivering those hits themselves when expedient as they did to Fram and so many others, and leaves you with only your own dick in your hand as they walk off with all the money.
Don't forget that for all the bullshit some unnamed person or people have done, it was the Foundation which invited and allowed them to do it, then left it to you and others to do something about it. You helped them and received nothing in return.
(alarm bell goes off) WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER
One of the central addiction mechanisms is the watchlist. It isn't a benefit but a work assignment. Facebook would kill to make their content pushing feeds so addictive but still the effect is evident when you comment, find five responses the next day and some three hours later realize how they've sucked you in to wasting your time. Wikipedia is that times eleven.
Yep, but only certain people will be dragged in. Wanting to help the world or somesuch. That's something FB will never be able to fake: the bogus impression of "selflessness" and "sacrifice for the greater good" blah blah.