The London meet up must have been an absolute riot

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
ChaosMeRee
Sucker

The London meet up must have been an absolute riot

Post by ChaosMeRee » Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:07 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1195808318
Ritchie333 wrote:I was at the London Meetup yesterday and spent probably at least half an hour discussing the size of [EEng's] talk page with Andrew [Davidson]. I'm not sure we actually reached a consensus. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 10:26, Q15 January 2024 (UTC)
Jesus Christ.

To recap, Ritche333's opinion is this.....
As a complete aside, could we get consensus that EEng's talk page is generally too large and we should take community action to archive it down to 75k per WP:TALKCOND "As a rule of thumb, archive closed discussions when a talk page exceeds 75 KB in wikitext or has numerous resolved or stale discussions". I mentioned this previously at ANI and we all had a good chuckle over EEng's talk page being visible from space, but it's not being regularly archived enough to be a manageable size. Ritchie333 (talk) (cont) 09:51, 8 January 2024 (UTC)
Here is a perfect snapshot of how that proposal proceeded on wiki.....
.....there is absolutely no tangible connection with any of EEng's behavioral issues and the length of their talk page; thus there was absolutely no pertinent reason for raising the issue..... . It was wholly irrelevant and unnecessary, so why raise it when his critics are gathered in the same room? (Hypothetical question: no unconvincing reply is necessary nor a convincing one possible.).......——Serial 18:12, 8 January 2024 (UTC)

I disagree. For one, it demonstrates that EEng values getting his own laughs over community norms. For another, it's impacting users ability to view the conversation about this ANI on his Talk page, so they can make up their own minds. ...... — The Hand That Feeds You:Bite 18:48, 8 January 2024 (UTC)

<Serial has left the chat>
It really doesn't take half an hour to discuss this, let alone more.

Serial is an absolute cunt. But Wikipedia wil never ban Serial. Won't even try to control his disgusting behaviour.

The infestation of cunts will therefore always ensure a consensus on anything is not achievable, unless it is something a cunt wants.

This is why these things are considered normal on Wikipedia....

* EEng cannot be indefinitely blocked for a "pattern of incivility" even after 9 prior short blocks for incivility

* A new user who calls people "fucking geniuses" as EEng did, gets indefinitely blocked as a matter of routine. Bbb23 alone issues multiple blocks a day of this nature. NOTHERE NOTHERE NOTHERE NOTHERE....[sleep mode].....NOTHERE NOTHERE NOTHERE NOTHERE.

* Serial was discussed at AN/I some months ago. He never turned up to face the music. After Administrators highlighted his tendency toward personal attacks and well-poisoning as things Serial must explain, the thread concluded in his absence with Drmies claiming Serial has got the message.

* Serial accused Ritchie of "sticking the boot in", and nothing is done. Drmies certainly isn't asked to account for the behaviour of his little bitch, as he shits all over the floor. Nobody even remembers that prior thread, or the many others. Although not remotely as bad as EEng (or simply having more powerful protectors?), Serial has at least one prior instance of being blocked for personal attacks, and being unblocked after convincing the blocker "this will not repeat".

What ties all of this together? Cowardice.

Serial is a pathetic little coward.

EEng is a pathetic little coward.

The Administrators who do nothing about them, presumably do so out of cowardice.