First customer of reformed RfA process not happy

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
Kraken
Sucks Fan

First customer of reformed RfA process not happy

Post by Kraken » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 pm

This is so Wikipedia 2024.

RfA has been reformed so that voting doesn't start until after a discussion period. Bizarrely this includes formal questions. I'm sure it sounded great in theory, but in practice, it just looks deeply unsettling....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... adetteEdit

The (self) nominee's lack of basic English and general competency is obvious from the nomination and standard opening 3 questions. But perhaps because this is the first person to nominate with the new system, they all just stood by and watched as it quickly ballooned with multiple comments and questions.

It's still open even now it is blindingly obvious this is a no hoper. Surely one of the benefits of this new system is to allow such candidates a modicum of dignity, a way to bail out before the throwing of enumerated tomatoes begins? But no....

They're letting it run even though they have posted a very distressing message on their talk page.....
.....feel so depressed right now, and feeling that I may go to depression.....The editor, who has been criticized a lot, now begins to cry, and the community won't look upon on. Months later, the editor will be orphaned, forgotten by their community, currently hopeless and depressed, and has no confidence to fix the mistake, at all......You know the editor in the story, and I know that you will certainly oppose me for all the reasons in the story. I may not handle this community that far, also keeping away from another block or even a ban. I really confess what I have done, and proofed that I will really try to fix the mistake. I feel a bit sobbed around, but as what Moneytrees has advised above, and others there, that I should withdraw, before the unforseen consequence occurs. I am really sorry about this. ToadetteEdit! 18:28, 29 April 2024 (UTC)
The whole thing is just sick.

But for a while now it feels like being sick fucks is the default on Wikipedia. They either don't see it or lack the courage to step in when they do.

Constantly doing patently dumb socially unaware things, like talking to a person who is clearly not competent using WikiSpeak and ACRONYMS. Randomly switching between talking to them, about them, around them, about them, about process, asking, telling, asking, formally, informally, even using their talk page to say hello to random lost aquaintances! No, it is not good to see The Rambling Man has returned. He's a dick of the highest magnitude.

The isn't inexperienced users either. As is becoming normal, there are actual Arbitrators all over the place, doing random ordinary editor/Admin stuff. Different hats being taken on and off like it's a fucking costume party. One is even handing out tea! Clueless. I guess being an Arb isn't as demanding of their time as we have been led to believe.

Makes you wonder if any of them truly understand what it means to say Wikipedia has no boss.

It means you're the boss, you dumb shits. Do something. Something not stupid.

There's loads of people milling around giving advice and observations. No fucker is taking charge. It's like a goddamned hippie woke festival. Any minute now you'll see hands waving in the air.

You can find plenty of time in your busy schedules to codify assorted different hate crimes and double jeopardy Chris Troutman to save an WMF staffer from the evils of sexism, but you won't lift a finger to stop your hopeless community processes sending vulnerable users into fits of despair?

You bunch of good for nothing fake as fuck virtue signalling useless woke bastards.

It should be all of you stringing yourselves up.

Wikipedia is a lost cause. I'm no longer even surprised to see someone at RfA who is clearly not of this planet. A no hoper indulged to the nth degree. Second one this year.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Re: First customer of reformed RfA process not happy

Post by Kraken » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:26 am

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 88#p350487
They seem like a nice, well meaning, but utterly clueless person
Not nearly as clueless as the guy with real power on Wikipedia who chooses to do nothing except make snide remarks on Wikipediocracy.

Or are you being a good boy and respecting the authority and jurisdiction of Wikipedia's trusted advanced rights holders?

AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Or were you just too busy, to stop Wikipedia from doing real harm to this vulnerable user as they experiment on him?

You sure had time to stitch up Chris Troutman though eh?

Mr. "I had zero prior involvement here other than being aware of the above thread" (and the thread on Wikipediocracy, where I'm also commenting about this block in real time, but like I would ever let you chumps know about that site! Ha ha!)

Now that we can all see the Rambling Man is back and you are fully aware of that fact courtesy of your Wikipediocracy connect, we can all look forward to you applying the same rigorous standard to him, yes? Your deep concern for personal attacks and offensive comments. Your meticulous attention to detail regarding what a user has been told before, warned for before.

Or not.

Maybe we'll just sit around laughing at what a compete pussy you are. Happy to help Molly win more Girl Scout Badges. Nowhere to be seen when there's real work to be done. People to block who do fight back. Who do exercise their rights. Who do NOT "fuck off" quietly. Who DO defecate all over the cells.

Long term abusers who know exactly what the standards are because they're former Administrators and have multiple prior encounters with the wiki law enforcement, at the highest levels. Wikicriminals. People who do appeal and lose and still complain and wikilawyer. People like you.

People known to Doug Weller (not dweller), but who has curiously never just happened to "remember" stuff involving them. But seeks them out when they're about to launch into person or persons who don't deserve his particular brand of abuse.

That's right, you fuck. You think people don't know this shit?

Of course, that laughter can't be done on Wikipediocracy. That would be too much like exposing Wikipedia corruption (Jake, 2013) for them. Sell out motherfuckers.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:02 am

:roll:
"WT:RFA" wrote:.....And what do we have here? A bunch of of people lining up to explain "here's the reason why you suck". Only this time without so much as a single Moral support. I would frankly suggest IAR-deleting the RFA. ToadetteEdit does not deserve to be subjected to that. Suffusion of Yellow (talk) 18:59, 29 April 2024 (UTC)

@Suffusion of Yellow, what do you mean? ToadetteEdit! 19:11, 29 April 2024 (UTC)

I mean people are being needlessly cruel in your RFA. I seem to remember that once upon time RFAs like this were just deleted as a courtesy. If you want it kept, sure, that's your choice. If not, well, there's no policy supporting deletion, but hopefully someone will do the decent thing and WP:IAR. Suffusion of Yellow (talk) 19:20, 29 April 2024 (UTC)
Wikipedia <> doing the decent thing

It's been suggested Beeblebrox lives to do the decent thing.

But is there any angle for him in being the IAR hero here? Something in it for him?

Probably not.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:12 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1221465176

RfA closed as SNOW by a non-bureaucrat.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:19 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:12 am

Ah.

Saved by a barely active editor of a mere four years and not even 30,000 edits.

Presumably it was their status as a highly trusted non-Admin with more than a passing interest in the RfA process that gave them the confidence to do the right thing, while others dithered and delayed.

Hang your heads in shame, Deepfriedochra, Primefac and Beeblebrox.

The guy hasn't even been thanked for the intervention. Hasn't even been acknowledged by the rubber neckers at Wikipediocracy.

I wonder why this guy isn't an Administrator? Has nobody thought to ask? Is he too competent?

Not to big him up too much. This wasn't perfect......
Hi there. I've closed your RfA per WP:NOTNOW, as it's not likely to pass. Having seen a few of these in my time, I think its current state is the sweet spot where a good amount of politely-worded feedback has been given. I hope some of the comments editors left are helpful to you? Of course, I'd reiterate the general sentiment in that discussion that acknowledged you're here to help improve the project, and echo the comments above. You will probably find editing collaborations with other editors (like TRM's offer above) far more enjoyable, and a great way to grow as an editor. All the best, ProcrastinatingReader (talk) 03:01, 30 April 2024 (UTC)
The multi-sanctioned defrocked Admin notorious asshole The Rambling Man is the very last person who should be a Wikipedia mentor. Hopefully this advice was offered without them knowing this, which is fair because who could imagine someone as bad as that is still tolerated on Wikipedia?

They're tolerated because people like Beeblebrox are cowards. Happy to block people who won't fight back. The friendless. Scared of the hard cases. The bullies with a wiki-gang.

The intervention may also have simply come too late. The user hasn't edited since posting those disturbing thoughts above, and a further six hours passed before they were relieved of their burden.

Hopefully they aren't hanging from a tree somewhere.

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:11 pm

now unclosed by Cremastra, "a user with 17,654 edits. Account created on 20 July 2022." :shrug:

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:22 pm

badmachine wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:11 pm
now unclosed by Cremastra, "a user with 17,654 edits. Account created on 20 July 2022." :shrug:
Whoa there. Firstly, voting hasn't even started yet, so let's not be too pessimistic. Secondly, they have not withdrawn, so there's no reason to make an early close. Thirdly, you aren't a 'crat, so you shouldn't be closing the discussion at all, let alone a potentially controversial early close
Potentially controversial?

Fucking freaks.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:13 pm

Kraken wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:47 pm
It means you're the boss, you dumb shits. Do something. Something not stupid.
That will never happen. Neither will RFA reform. Some of those "insiders" would rather destroy the whole RFA "system" (ha ha), before they lose what pathetic little "control" they have over it. As before.
Bbb23sucks wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:12 am
HA HA HA HA HA fuckheads......
badmachine wrote:
DOUBLE AND TRIPLE HA HA HA HA. Honestly feel sorry for ToadetteEdit, who is probably from Egypt. The asswipers, backstabbers, and autists will use Toadette as "bait" and/or a "practice target".

Down goes the flaming wiki-dirigible--very slowly.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:38 pm

Kraken wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:22 pm
badmachine wrote:
Whoa there. Firstly, voting hasn't even started yet, so let's not be too pessimistic. Secondly, they have not withdrawn, so there's no reason to make an early close. Thirdly, you aren't a 'crat, so you shouldn't be closing the discussion at all, let alone a potentially controversial early close
Potentially controversial?

Fucking freaks.
But non-crats *CAN* close RfA's if they're "uncontroversial" AKA yet another tool to reinforce insider dominance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... procedures
If uncontroversial, any user in good standing can close a request that has no chance of passing in accordance with WP:SNOW or WP:NOTNOW. Do not close any requests that you have taken part in, or those that have even a slim chance of passing, unless you are the candidate and you are withdrawing your application. In the case of vandalism, improper formatting, or a declined or withdrawn nomination, non-bureaucrats may also delist a nomination. A list of procedures to close an RfA may be found at WP:Bureaucrats. If your nomination fails, then please wait for a reasonable period of time before renominating yourself or accepting another nomination. Some candidates have tried again and succeeded within three months, but many editors prefer to wait considerably longer before reapplying.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:37 pm

I think they've killed the guy. He was making hundreds of edits per day. Now he's stopped. Hasn't edited since the events of my post.

Most people haven't even noticed, still bombarding the guy with messages, some nice and well meaning, others completely insane - Star Mississippi accusing them of COI.

They're even discussing process on their talk page too......
...I don't think a close when crats have specifically asked if they wish to withdraw and they've said no is helpful. Lee Vilenski (talk • contribs) 18:46, 30 April 2024 (UTC)
It is if the user is suicidal.

If this guy has email notifications set up, and they probably do because holy fuck are they addicted to the wiki, he's getting pinged night and day.