Drmies

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
silkenrunner
Sucks Noob

Re: Drmies

Post by silkenrunner » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:09 pm

My personal impression of Drmies is that he is deliberately unethical and feels a need to fudge the rules himself just to feel bigger. He gave me notice of 1 week block and he and I have a long conversation and I tell him that I am fine with a 1 week ban however still believe he is too harsh. Turns out that he was misleading me that whole time we had our conversation on my Talk page and he gave me an indefinite block and he knew it the whole time. But deliberately misled me. Then he later hide one of my replies on an Article talk pages that has nothing to do with my block just to spite me. The guy doesn't seem shy to abuse his role and what kind of person needs to do cheap stuff like that? Doesn't seem like someone with a happy satisfied life or with maturity, will stoop to conduct Wikipedia admin roles in the manner that he conducted.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:11 am

silkenrunner wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:09 pm
My personal impression of Drmies is that he is deliberately unethical and feels a need to fudge the rules himself just to feel bigger. He gave me notice of 1 week block and he and I have a long conversation and I tell him that I am fine with a 1 week ban however still believe he is too harsh. Turns out that he was misleading me that whole time we had our conversation on my Talk page and he gave me an indefinite block and he knew it the whole time. But deliberately misled me. Then he later hide one of my replies on an Article talk pages that has nothing to do with my block just to spite me. The guy doesn't seem shy to abuse his role and what kind of person needs to do cheap stuff like that? Doesn't seem like someone with a happy satisfied life or with maturity, will stoop to conduct Wikipedia admin roles in the manner that he conducted.
For what little it's worth: everyone knows who he is and where he lives and teaches. I'm actually surprised that a person he banned doesn't show up and physically cave his skull in. Or set his house on fire, or something else equally illegal/terrible.

Every week in the US, some random angry little boy gets his hands on an assault rifle and shoots up a few random people on the street or in a workplace. Usually there is little or no rational justification for mass shootings, other than vague "i don't feel good today" business. Surprising it hasn't happened to Wikipedia administrators, or WMF staff, yet. Considering that some of them have done REALLY rotten and low things to other people.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:47 am

Thats incredibly sad but true amd thats the problem with putting your real name and identity out there. Even if your a nice person and do everything right there are a lot of sicko crazies out there. Given how corrupt and abusive the Wikipedia community is, as terrible as it is, its a ticking time bomb.
#BbbGate

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:20 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:11 am
For what little it's worth: everyone knows who he is and where he lives and teaches. I'm actually surprised that a person he banned doesn't show up
I was thinking Lupco but he doesn't walk the walk.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:03 pm

Anyone who uses wikipedia on their resume is an academic hack. No self respecting researcher is going to say, "I contribure to an open soutce project where a high school kid with no acadenic credentials can have more authority than someone with a PhD.

Personally I wouldnt let my kids near that creep!
#BbbGate

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:38 am

Kumioko wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:03 pm
Anyone who uses wikipedia on their resume is an academic hack. No self respecting researcher is going to say, "I contribure to an open soutce project where a high school kid with no acadenic credentials can have more authority than someone with a PhD.
Meanwhile, this becomes longer and more incoherent as time goes on. It is a constant target of vandalism. It is also badly dated and cherry-picks the studies most favorable to Wikipedia. In other words; it is cult propaganda.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia

tvbforever
Sucks Noob

Post by tvbforever » Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:25 pm

I just logged in to this forum just to state that my IP address was blocked by Drmies again. My IP address was blocked because of something about "misinformation" or "disruptive editing." I have no clue what I did wrong, honestly. All I did was edit and added categories based on the articles in question, but apparently mods like Drmies don't like what I'm doing, and I've honestly been fed up with this for years because this is not the first time that has ever happened to me.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:58 pm

tvbforever wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:25 pm
I just logged in to this forum just to state that my IP address was blocked by Drmies again. My IP address was blocked because of something about "misinformation" or "disruptive editing." I have no clue what I did wrong, honestly. All I did was edit and added categories based on the articles in question, but apparently mods like Drmies don't like what I'm doing, and I've honestly been fed up with this for years because this is not the first time that has ever happened to me.
When an admin blocks you for "content work", make a note of what you were doing recently and post it here. There must be some kind of pattern to his abuse.

wexter
Sucks Warrior

Post by wexter » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:19 pm

tvbforever wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:25 pm
"Logan Identify"

1) How "old" was your account (new accounts get the stink-eye)
2) Did you have a user name or did you edit via IP (ip addresses get the stink-eye)
3) Were you blocked or warned previous to the IP blocking? You intimated you were blocked before (either is a stink-eye event)
4) did you proclaim your innocence, ignorance, or your correctness? (stink-eye once again)
5) did you protest the blocking (you guessed it, you get the stink-eye for that as well)
6) was the subject "well known" or obscure? (stink-eye vs can scoot-ch in)

MOAR information please.. including links would be nice
PS you came to the right place
Wikipedia - "Barely competent and paranoid. There’s a hell of a combination."

tvbforever
Sucks Noob

Post by tvbforever » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:58 am

wexter wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:19 pm
"Logan Identify"

1) How "old" was your account (new accounts get the stink-eye)
2) Did you have a user name or did you edit via IP (ip addresses get the stink-eye)
3) Were you blocked or warned previous to the IP blocking? You intimated you were blocked before (either is a stink-eye event)
4) did you proclaim your innocence, ignorance, or your correctness? (stink-eye once again)
5) did you protest the blocking (you guessed it, you get the stink-eye for that as well)
6) was the subject "well known" or obscure? (stink-eye vs can scoot-ch in)

MOAR information please.. including links would be nice
PS you came to the right place
1. I haven't had an actual account since 2019 (as King Crimson the Third).
2. I continue to contribute anonymously using IP addresses.
3. My IP addresses were blocked (at times by Drmies and other times by NinjaRobotPirate).
4. I was being truthful and correct during my edit before I was blocked recently, and this isn't even the first time that has happened to me.
5. I tried protesting, but they still disapprove.
6. Both.