Guy Macon

Editors, Admins and Bureaucrats blecch!
JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Re: Guy Macon

Post by JuiceBeetle » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:48 pm

WhyEvenBother wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:17 pm
The actual page has been blanked as a courtesy since Macon's wife logged on to say (via his account) that he had suffered a heart attack.
Convenient. In wikiland a failed RfA causes heart attack... Maybe it does. I don't know which one is more reflective of the wikipedia illness: lying about a heart attack or having a heart attack after a failed RfA.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:42 am

Now, Juice, be nice. Kicking a person who is down, very much not nice. Suspecting lying is unwarranted, and also that the heart attack was caused by a failing RfA.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:06 am

He babe, that was the third posting today. Where are you waiting for, the nanny to bring you to your bed?

Minecrafter0271
Sucks Noob

Post by Minecrafter0271 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:33 pm

CrowsNest wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:41 pm
Any conflict is most likely my fault; it is common for those of us who have Asperger's syndrome to have difficulty with social interactions. --Guy Macon (talk) 08:19, 4 March 2018 (UTC)
No shit.
As an autistic myself, I can say that people with Asperger's syndrome can have good social interactions.

Minecrafter0271
Sucks Noob

Post by Minecrafter0271 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:36 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:07 pm
And I'd tell you about Rich Farmbrough but you might not believe it.
Really? Let us have it.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:56 pm

Minecrafter0271 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:33 pm
As an autistic myself, I can say that people with Asperger's syndrome can have good social interactions.
Yes you can!
Absolute!
You can function normal in the society, have job, relations is often difficult.

BUT

You can hardly function in a wiki surrounding whit all it's confusing sub pages and inconsequent rules.
You lose track, you get lost, and that is the problem.

So, I am absolute not suggesting something is wrong with you or want to insulted you, for sure you have your talents, but there is something wrong with the wiki system!

It has cancer.

People with a autistic disorder need a special for them designed working space with clear, consequent rules.
Where they can do the work they are good at.
And not the "self regulating wisdom (sick) of the crowd" system what a wiki is!

Tomorrow I will try to write a vision about this.

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Post by Abd » Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:37 pm

Minecrafter0271 wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:
Any conflict is most likely my fault; it is common for those of us who have Asperger's syndrome to have difficulty with social interactions. --Guy Macon (talk) 08:19, 4 March 2018 (UTC)
No shit.
There is no conflict between these two statements. Macon said what may be "common," and Minecrafter0271 wrote about what is possible.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:35 pm

i personal think these terms are all container concepts. There is no difference in the use of the term autism for someone how is living his life bonking his head to the wall in a clinic or a professor diagnosed with autism.
In Holland there is even a commercial aspect in the DSM-5 diagnoses.
A school get money for extra aid for every child what is diagnosed. They can hire a extra employer for a few hours.
Often this form of "autism" disappeared as the snow in spring if they leave the school. And then they live a complete normal life.

What is absolute true many wikipedia users show a autistic behaving. And my theory is people who are in "some" spectrum are attracted to Wikipedia.
But get total lost in the confusing wiki surrounding with all it's inconsistent rules what often contradicting themself. Rules made by users who have left for years. But these rules still form a kind of holy wiki bible.

Many wiki users are working in the technical field where protocols, being consequent, rules are very important.
You have to, otherwise your project ends up in smoke and a disaster. Inconsequent is a dead sin in technics.
They are not used to improvise in a chaos what wikipedia is.

For these reason it is much better to speak from a autistic behaviour and not to label a person as a autist.
And for sure not with some armchair diagnose as some are doing al the time.

Because it makes you even looking more stupide and laughable than you already are.

Minecrafter0271
Sucks Noob

Post by Minecrafter0271 » Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:38 pm

Abd wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:37 pm
Minecrafter0271 wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:
No shit.
There is no conflict between these two statements. Macon said what may be "common," and Minecrafter0271 wrote about what is possible.
I was trying to imply that Mr. Mason's argument is bullshit, and it IS possible to have interactions with others.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:23 pm

Minecrafter0271 wrote:
Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:38 pm
I was trying to imply that Mr. Mason's argument is bullshit, and it IS possible to have interactions with others.
My god, of course it is possible with you!
But, as I said before, about who out of the spectrum are we talking? If you are that all day bonking his head person no, it is not or hardly possible.

But you are a student, have finished your school, have friends, only in your life you will find specific problems because of your handicap. That is a fact.

And no, indeed I can't have interaction with you in a wiki surrounding with all kind of- to borrow a few lines from auggie- around hopping stoned monkeys who are telling complete crap! It will confuse you, you can't filter it, you simple lose track.

It's the same if you talk with a deaf person in a noisy cafe or you talk in a peaceful environment. That's the reason I protest constant about the "site moderators" here, they disturb both you and me and the conversation constant.
And for me is it a handicap I have to write in English what is not my native language.