Kumioko posting as Perseus until further decision

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Kumioko posting as Perseus until further decision

Post by Kumioko » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:16 pm

Juicebeetle has limited me to 5 posts a day. I am now being told to choose which of the 5 of the last 10 comments I made to delete. I am not going to do that, so I will be blocked soon. I just wanted to let everyone know that Juicebeetle is helping Crowsnest and Graaf in their attacks. That is not conduct a mod should do, so I am not going to post here anymore as long as he is a mod. I hope Eric and Stein come to their senses and demod them. They are clearly not qualified for this position.

PS, this was post 11
#BbbGate

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Re: I have been limited to 5 posts by Juicebeetle

Post by JuiceBeetle » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:23 pm

And I will delete the posts over 5. You could choose which those should be.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:29 pm

JuiceBeetle wrote:And I will delete the posts over 5. You could choose which those should be.

Funny, yesterday you blocked me for deleting my posts and today you want me to delete anything over 5, since this is 12, I guess I should include this one.

So if you are going to delete my posts then go ahead and block me too. I told you already, if this is how you are going to act, then I do not respect your authority and I am not going to entertain your requests to delete posts or limit them.
#BbbGate

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:38 pm

Those posts were already replied to, and had some valuable thought in it. Today you are just ranting, mostly.

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:40 pm

JuiceBeetle wrote:Those posts were already replied to, and had some valuable thought in it. Today you are just ranting, mostly.

Really, I got several likes so far today. Must not be all ranting!
#BbbGate

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Re: The Kumioko moderation strategy

Post by Abd » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:46 pm

A person said terrible things about another, and the two started yelling at each other, disturbing the peace and someone calls the police. Both demand that the police arrest the other. The police tell both of them to shut up. The first one (the original "aggressor") shuts up, almost entirely. The other keeps yelling and also complains that the police are not doing their job, why is he being blamed when the other person is so obviously Bad?

Who is more likely to get arrested? Remember, the police are not judges and are not allowed to punish, but they take people into custody for the protection, not only of the public, but of those arrested as well. (When police decide it is their job to punish, that is when abuse starts.)

What I see is that as Juice started to intervene, CrowsNest complained and threatened two things, one, to retire, or two, to troll the hell out of Sucks. But he shut up and does not appear to have violated warnings. I see his last post at Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:35 pm. Kumioko started deleting his posts. Deleting posts where there has been a response is generally considered rude. So Juice blocked him to stop that, then unblocked when he had locked posts. If I am correct, Juice also declared posting limits, which Kumioko ignored. Kumioko has made 34 posts since the last post of CrowsNest. (6 were deleted by Kumioko, apparently).

This is ironic. Kumioko demonstrated behavior that would surely get him blocked and banned on WMF Wikis, on Wikipediocracy, and on nearly any site. So did CrowsNest, my opinion, but CN had the sense to stop when warned. Kumioko ramped it up. Speaking truth to power is a value, to be sure, but it is far more effective to speak truth from power, to engage and inspire and join with the community and its servants. Complaint is the refuge of the powerless, and it keeps them that way.

Before Kumioko decided that he must respond to Crows' vicious allegations -- and they were vicious -- he was winning. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine. This site is not accustomed to quick blocking for incivility. It is more habitual here, to tolerate uncivil polemic so as not to suppress criticism.

As has been pointed out, ownership was annoyed, but hoped that it would blow over. Several parties were demanding action, and when the only action that appeared was by a "mere moderator," they got angrier and angrier. But one shut up. That one, by shutting up, may have carried the day.

There are lessons in all this for those who seek to grow and transform and to make a difference here.
Last edited by Abd on Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:34 pm

A crude solution, which, while it might free up my time to get back to serious criticism, probably won't solve the underlying problem.

If he can post five times a day, he can post five lies, either five different ones, or the same one repeated five times.

The truth of Kumioko is in his reactions. You did a very reasonable thing, something that addresses a problem even he has admitted he has, and how did he react? You're all in on the conspiracy, you're all part of my gang, and we're all part of the WMF plot to keep him down.

He's certifiable.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: The Kumioko moderation strategy

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:48 pm

Abd wrote:A person said terrible things about another, and the two started yelling at each other, disturbing the peace and someone calls the police. Both demand that the police arrest the other. The police tell both of them to shut up. The first one (the original "aggressor") shuts up, almost entirely. The other keeps yelling and also complains that the police are not doing their job, why is he being blamed when the other person is so obviously Bad?

Who is more likely to get arrested? Remember, the police are not judges and are not allowed to punish, but they take people into custody for the protection, not only of the public, but of those arrested as well. (When police decide it is their job to punish, that is when abuse starts.)

What I see is that as Juice started to intervene, CrowsNest complained and threatened two things, one, to retire, or two, to troll the hell out of Sucks. But he shut up and does not appear to have violated warnings. I see his last post at Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:35 pm. Kumioko started deleting his posts. Deleting posts where there has been a response is generally considered rude. So Juice blocked him to stop that, then unblocked when he had locked posts. If I am correct, Juice also declared posting limits, which Kumioko ignored. Kumioko has made 34 posts since the last post of CrowsNest. (6 were deleted by Kumioko, apparently).

This is ironic. Kumioko demonstrated behavior that would surely get him blocked and banned on WMF Wikis, on Wikipediocracy, and on nearly any site. So did CrowsNest, my opinion, but CN had the sense to stop when warned. Kumioko ramped it up. Speaking truth to power is a value, to be sure, but it is far more effective to speak truth from power, to engage and inspire and join with the community and its servants. Complaint is the refuge of the powerless, and it keeps them that way.

Before Kumioko decided that he must respond to Crows' vicious allegations -- and they were vicious -- he was winning. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine. This site is not accustomed to quick blocking for incivility. It is more habitual here, to tolerate uncivil polemic so as not to suppress criticism.

As has been pointed out, ownership was annoyed, but hoped that it would blow over. Several parties were demanding action, and when the only action that appeared was by a "mere moderator," they got angrier and angrier. But one shut up. That one, by shutting up, may have carried the day.

There are lessons in all this for those who seek to grow and transform and to make a difference here.
That was a nice story, but I think you're seeing what you wanted to see.

I don't recall being issued any warnings to stop any specific behaviour. And the only reason I stopped posting at all is because I had other shit to be getting on with. That life Kumioko claims I don't have, intervened. The fact he carried on posting 34 times even though his nemesis had fucked off for a bit, rather proves that what I was saying about which one of us is the obsessed person, was true.

I'm not a guy who backs down on his threats, otherwise people might do silly stuff like assume I don't mean what I say and believe they can dismiss me as some kind of lunatic. Plenty of people out there still suffering the consequences of such mistakes, and I'll make sure they keep suffering for as long as I see fit.

I'm a serious man intent on serious business. If that isn't what is wanted here, I'll pack up my shit and be on my merry way, only slightly annoyed that nobody informed me sooner that I was mistaken about the purpose of this place.

There's only one person in this dispute whose threats, warnings and predictions can be safely filed in the bin, and that's Kumioko. Dude is not serious. Dude is a flake.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:56 pm

CrowsNest wrote:A crude solution, which, while it might free up my time to get back to serious criticism, probably won't solve the underlying problem.

It's a start. Thanks for calling it a "solution", as crude as it is.

CrowsNest wrote:If he can post five times a day, he can post five lies, either five different ones, or the same one repeated five times.

Let him. Either we all know those are lies, or only you know, others don't, or only you know, and others think it's still true. This is a forum and he has the right to say what he thinks, and we have the right to individually decide whether we believe it, or ignore it. Let us decide, please.

CrowsNest wrote:The truth of Kumioko is in his reactions. You did a very reasonable thing, something that addresses a problem even he has admitted he has, and how did he react? You're all in on the conspiracy, you're all part of my gang, and we're all part of the WMF plot to keep him down.

Yes, exactly. He's acting paranoid, unable to realize, when somebody is working for him. It was not worth to fight for his right to comment here, and to limit the criticism he receives.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:27 pm

JuiceBeetle wrote:Let him. Either we all know those are lies, or only you know, others don't, or only you know, and others think it's still true. This is a forum and he has the right to say what he thinks, and we have the right to individually decide whether we believe it, or ignore it. Let us decide, please.
No dude, this is where you're all going badly wrong, assuming this is meant to reflect the thoughts of the owners.

I'm not stopping anyone who chooses to believe Kumioko's bullshit, but you absolutely cannot be telling him he gets to say what he wants here and to protect that right, replies to the contrary will be removed.

Every time he posts a lie, I'll post a correction. This is not-negotiable.

If that has the effect of stopping him lying because he ups and leaves, or gets so mad you have to ban him, well, sorry not sorry. Don't for one second try to portray that as me denying him his right to speak, or other people's right to believe him.

If that repetitive cycle is deemed an undesirable situation, perhaps because some here seem to think it is the equivalent of trolling, harassment, or even stalking, as ridiculous as that sounds, then there are ways forward.

You could post a thread detailing each lie and any rebuttals made by me or anyone else who wants to take up the thankless task of fact-checking this lunatic. Make it a rule, if he has said something in the thread before, he can't say it again, at least not unless he has addressed the rebuttal. If he really does think it needs saying again, then at the very least he should just post a link to the post in that thread where he said it first, and then nobody needs to make a reply, because the reply is already there.

See, I solved this shit for you already. You owe me half your weeks wages.