For whatever
suckadmin
Janitor

Re: The WMF got my ProtonMail account suspended

Post by suckadmin » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:35 pm

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:20 pm
ProtonMail's terms contains the following:
You agree not to use your Account or the Services for any illegal or prohibited activities. Unauthorized activities include, but are not limited to:

Disrupting the Company's networks and Servers in your use of the Services;
Accessing/sharing/downloading/uploading illegal content, including but not limited to Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM) or content related to CSAM;
Infringing upon or violating the intellectual property rights of the Company or a third party;
Harassing, abusing, insulting, harming, defaming, slandering, disparaging, intimidating or discriminating against someone based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, nationality or disability;
Trading, selling or otherwise transferring the ownership of an Account to a third party (with the exception of Lifetime Accounts, which can be sold or traded exclusively through the Company);
Promoting illegal activities or providing instructional information to other parties to commit illegal activities;
Having multiple free Accounts (e.g. creating bulk signups, creating and/or operating a large number of free Accounts for a single organization or individual);
Paying for your subscription with fraudulent payment means, such as a stolen credit card;
Engaging in spam activities, which are defined as the practice of sending irrelevant or unsolicited messages or content over the internet, typically to a large number of recipients, notably for the purposes of advertising, phishing, or spreading malware or viruses;
Sending junk mail, bulk emails, or mailing list emails that contain persons that have not specifically agreed to be included on that list. You agree not to use the Services to store or share content that violates the law or the rights of a third party;
Abusive registrations of email aliases for third-party services;
Attempting to access, probe, or connect to computing devices without proper authorization (i.e. any form of unauthorized "hacking");
Referring yourself or another one of your accounts to unduly benefit from our referral program's advantages.
Any Account found to be committing the listed unauthorized activities will be immediately suspended.
It's exactly unclear to me what connection his proton email had to the account he was using to operate the API that was sending notices to WP users. I mean basically the host doesn't doesn't need much reason to kick a user. If they see somebody claiming to have abused a service and they have that email address in their sig that's enough to imply that the account may be getting used for some TOS breaking purpose. Bbb23sucks did say prior to proton kicking his account that WMF had suspended his account implying he was using it for some WP registered account.
Bbb23sucks wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:45 pm
I went to try again today, but wikipediasucks@proton.me was suspended, I sent in an appeal.
The verbiage in the TOS is vague enough that one could interpret it to mean that it doesn't matter where or what email account you used if you are caught sending spam or whatever and there's any connection to a proton account (such as bragging about said spam while having the email in your sig) they can suspend it.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: The WMF got my ProtonMail account suspended

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:32 pm

suckadmin wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:09 pm
I was browsing kiwi and found sage advice that applies to your situation

https://kiwifarms.hk/threads/cybersecurity-101.11731/
Good advice, but then he would know.....having done every kind of abuse possible, and been banned from everything.....
and this is hilarious, because he's STILL doing it. Just not on KiwiFarms.
namecallingbyjosh.png
namecallingbyjosh.png (77.64 KiB) Viewed 386 times