Jess Wade sourced a BLP to Facebook. In July 2023.

Dedicated to one of the WMF's "finest persons"
ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Jess Wade sourced a BLP to Facebook. In July 2023.

Post by ChaosMeRee » Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:13 am

I was a little surprised that it was a Wikipedia Administrator (Justlettersandnumbers) who called it out....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped ... dira_Raman

I was less surprised that this is where it ended. He didn't follow it up, didn't ask himself how it can possibly be that she can do something that irresponsible, that negligent, with over a thousand biographies and years of editing to her name. Didn't go look to see that this is actually a pattern. It is representative of her work.

Shout out to Hemiauchenia, who thinks I am crazy. Yeah, whatever.

Hat tip to Ritchie333 too, having his breakfast, hoping everyone had forgotten he once did and probably still does think Wade is Admin material.

The real puzzler, as always, is why Jake allows these sad little addicts to shit up perfectly good threads with their obvious attempts to distract people from the real issues. The Wikipedia criticism.

The Jess Wade problem is real, and ongoing.

They're not denying it. How can they? Name a single other editor with a comparable record who is getting away with using Facebook as a source on BLPs....

Narrow that down to Wikipedia editors with medals and continuing fawning profiles in the Guardian, and the list has only one entry.

JESS WADE.

Only a Wikipedia apologist would deny it. Perhaps that is what Tarantino's latest truffle hunt inadvertently proved. The only people left on Wikipediocracy, are the addicts and apologists. Hardly news of course.

Fuck them.

And fuck Jake too, for bizarrely thinking Jess comes across as "nice" (she is quite literally a mute on Wikipedia, an actual improvement on her past demeanor), and for daring to suggest it is in any way my fault that people are knowingly covering up how bad an editor Jess Wade really is.

Let's have it right. I am a fair man. I have my methods. I ALWAYS give people a fair opportunity to prove that approaching them politely, in the right way, having filled out the right forms and presented the right evidence, did not get the results that Wikipedia policy says I should have got.

I always give people that chance.

That is why I can then take such pleasure in GRINDING THEIR FACES INTO THE DIRT when they make the mistake of thinking they can treat me like some kind of dumb cunt who was born yesterday and can be shooed away like timid feline. My fangs are much bigger. I am nothing like Vigilant, that pathetic paper tiger. I have teeth because I bite. I bite because I can.

I am a nasty man because I like it, and it works. I like watching people like Ritchie333 suffer the consequences of their hubris. Their arrogance. Their rank stupidity.

I like knowing that he probably thinks he can insult me without consequences, courtesy of Jake and the Foundation. Vigilant made that mistake. Look at him now. Toothless. I did that. Where is the evidence Vigilant? Where's the blockbuster blog post that was going to lay out the biggest ever scandal in Wikipedia history? Did you just make it up? A simple request, and he was completely destroyed.

Will it be the same with Ritchie. Will he ever say what he really thinks about Wade's chances at RfA these days? Will he ever tell the obvious truth about her editing? Or will he just keep lying and blowing smoke up her ass? I hope he does, and I hope his fiance is the jealous type. Don't choke on your eggs, Ritchie. And maybe book a precautionary appointment with that therapist. You know how you get.

Yeah, I went there. I remember.

I go where Vigilant is afraid to go.

I do what Vigilant cannot do.

And he's been a whiny little bitch about it ever since.

Change is good, V. Try Try rediscover your lost reputation. Say something useful. Tell us what you think about a medal winning editor using Facebook as a source says about the fact Ritchie is seen as one of the better Wikipedia Administrators?

I have always been ahead of the game. Always out there in the deep, dark waters.

Does Cullen charge people $60 an hour to advise people not to source BLPs to Facebook? Does he DARE, with a medal winning editor like Wade setting the actually proven standard for what is and is not a spectacularly good editor whose biographies shall never be challenged lest ye be J'ACCUSED of sexizme in La Guardian?

You can skip that one V, that's a question for a person like Beeblebrox. Someone with actual responsibility over all these despicable maggots. We are so blessed to have him with us. Or you at least. Such privelage.

Go on Jake. Make him answer. For the good of all those confused by the inherent contradictions and downright lies that underpin Wikipedia governance. The outsiders. Those that do not know their ways.

What's that? He told you to go fuck yourself?

Ha ha ha.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Re: Jess Wade sourced a BLP to Facebook. In July 2023.

Post by Ognistysztorm » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:37 am

ChaosMeRee wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:13 am
I was a little surprised that it was a Wikipedia Administrator (Justlettersandnumbers) who called it out....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped ... dira_Raman

<clipped for length>
Welcome to the forum! I look at the AFD and it appears that the BLP subject requested Wikipedia to not have an article about her.
Last edited by ericbarbour on Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:55 am

I go where Vigilant is afraid to go.

I do what Vigilant cannot do.
Vigilant is an annoying dork, but not as batshit crazy as some of the other people on the Wikipediocracy MB.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:28 pm

Jess is a reliable source for the fact that the subject doesn't want an article
JESS IS NOT A RELIABLE ANYTHING. Only Wikifuckipedia would call her a "reliable source". I'm not sure her scientific papers are major advancements, judging from the few I can read publicly, and especially from her deranged Wikipedia editing.

Summary: Jess created Raman's article originally. In her usual sloppy half-assed manner, she apparently used a Facebook post as a "reliable source". And Raman contacted her and asked her to delete the thing. So Jess AFDed an article SHE CREATED, and the AFD turned into a nerd battleground. We can't check Wade's fuckup because the article history was deleted. Even the article move to draft form was deleted. Not even sure Madame Wade knows she fucked up the article originally. Right so far?

The blubber-fest ended up on Wikipediocracy, and WP insiders showed up to complain about the shitheads who voted to KEEP. This makes Jess the Insider Of Insiders, untouchable and unimpeachable and un-criticizable. While ever-prone to making garbage content and pissing people off.

WP remains a supermagnet for shit people. (Vigina remains a useless meatbag, but we knew that already.)

(Crow, you are wasting your life fighting with fools over utter nonsense.)
Last edited by ericbarbour on Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:42 pm

And hoo boy, I've got a lot of ruinous things to say about Gaetan "Headbomb" Landry, the original subject of that as-usual-stupid WPO thread. He is living proof that Wikipedia is run by some of the worst people who could possibly run it. His assholery is boundless--literally beyond measure. A sane project would have banned him many years ago.
Last edited by ericbarbour on Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:49 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:28 pm
Nonsense.

I'm having fun torturing evil people and exposing the dirt beneath their carpets, and all for a good cause, humanity. If and when Wikipedia collapses, I'll be the one getting a medal.

It will be seen that I was among the first to recognize the problem, and come up with an effective solution. You cannot reason with a Wikipedian. You cannot play by their rules and expect fair treatment. The game is rigged, by design. It is a cult, by design.

They might even let me be the person who pulls the trigger on the first round of executions (I foresee a dystopian future if Wikipedia and the Wikipedians become the source of all knowledge and thus the universal arbiter of truth, with many hard times ahead before the re-establishment of the technocratic order that produced the golden age of man).

I am a new breed of Nazi hunter.

It will be a glorious day.

Hasten it, brothers.

Protect the innocent, punish the guilty, never forgive, never forget.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:04 am

ChaosMeRee wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:49 am
ericbarbour wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:28 pm
Nonsense.

I'm having fun torturing evil people and exposing the dirt beneath their carpets, and all for a good cause, humanity. If and when Wikipedia collapses, I'll be the one getting a medal.

It will be seen that I was among the first to recognize the problem, and come up with an effective solution. You cannot reason with a Wikipedian. You cannot play by their rules and expect fair treatment. The game is rigged, by design. It is a cult, by design.

They might even let me be the person who pulls the trigger on the first round of executions (I foresee a dystopian future if Wikipedia and the Wikipedians become the source of all knowledge and thus the universal arbiter of truth, with many hard times ahead before the re-establishment of the technocratic order that produced the golden age of man).

I am a new breed of Nazi hunter.

It will be a glorious day.

Hasten it, brothers.

Protect the innocent, punish the guilty, never forgive, never forget.
There's hope. Jennsaurus has uncovered two dozen Wikipedia anti-women scandals which will bring them down for good if published on news outlets. All you need to do is to get these words across as many news outlets, podcasts, YouTuber, TikToker and groups as you can find.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:07 pm

The press don't give a damn.

Anyone who is offended by the fact every single dirty little Wikipedia filthy rat and their Wikipediocracy bed friends has protected poor little Jess Wade from the consequences of her actions for years, needs to take direct action if they really want to see results.

Harassment works. Being a horrible bastard works. Jess Wade used to be a rude, smarmy, horrible bitch cunt to anyone who dared to point out her shortcomings. She used to arrogantly assert that rather than focusing on her, people should instead be more like her and do good works.

It was incredible to see, watching that creature getting away with such spectacularly egotistical bullshit, supposedly in the name of Wikipedia and indeed all humankind.

And so she reaped what she sowed, in small amounts so far.

And it worked, clearly.

She used to create one biography a day, come what may.

Now look at her. A quiet little mouse. Barely able to create a handful of biographies a month. And where she was once a loud and squeaky wheel, she is only using her media profile these days to express her puzzlement that after all these years, she hasn't moved the needle one bit. She has had a negligible effect, it is still incredibly easy to find cases of gender based gaps in Wikipedia's coverage. She is still constantly amazed that this person or that is not on Wikipedia.

In her ARROGANCE, there is no part of her that can see that she is the reason why.

Nobody is allowed to edit Wikipedia the way she is allowed.

She is the personification of privelage on Wikipedia.

She is protected. Seen by many in the cult as just a useful idiot, a PR tool. Seen by others as a Very Important Editor for reasons that they at least believe are noble. The effect is the same.....

She became so Important, she is not to be troubled by the basic editorial standards applied to everyone else. A perverse situation on a project that where theoretically everyone is equal.

These are the conditions anyone wanting to join Wade has to accept.

So WHY THE FUCK WOULD THEY EVEN BOTHER?

Those people have dignity, presumably. A sense of self worth.

To join Wade on Wikipedia is to become a punchline in a sick joke.

She gets the medals. She gets the plaudits.

YOU GET FUCK ALL.

She is a barely even competent editor and you are a rock star.

She gets the medals. You get fuck all.

So people do not join. And others witnessing this charade push back, some with extreme force.

And they like it. They like it a lot. It is cathartic. Wikipedia is after all a thankless hobby even for the rock stars.

It works.

It always works.

She was given a chance. Everyone is always given a chance.

We are fair, but we are evil.

HTD.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:32 am

ChaosMeRee wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:07 pm
The press don't give a damn.
Hell no. Since the hoi polloi started inviting Jimbo to their private islands and self-congratulatory banquets, the media have been giving WP the old kid-glove treatment. They screech like demented animals when a minor actress comes up with an offensive Halloween costume.....but Wikipedia is MAGICAL and WONDERFUL and no one must EVER point out its shortcomings. Gag puke.
Anyone who is offended by the fact every single dirty little Wikipedia filthy rat and their Wikipediocracy bed friends has protected poor little Jess Wade from the consequences of her actions for years, needs to take direct action if they really want to see results.
I continue to suspect that Jess is making many, many enemies in dark corners of Wikiworld, and that eventually she will piss off the wrong one, and she will suddenly find herself Arbcommied and thence "community banned". She is simply incapable of working well with others, and isn't good-looking enough to be an "influencer", so heeling Wikipedia is her shtick. Lol.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:49 am

She will never be banned.

Wikipedia is an exercise in fear.

After all, there was this series of posts in that Indira Raman Afd.....

I think the only reason we are here at AfD is because an editor received some sort of personal communication from the page subject. --Tryptofish (talk) 19:32, 3 October 2023 (UTC)

I really do wish that we had more information about what she may or may not have said to an editor, because this AfD seems to rest entirely on what that editor has indicated about it. We don't even have an OTRS request, and I'm very uncomfortable with Wikipedia making content decisions about what a page subject maybe said. --Tryptofish (talk) 22:33, 5 October 2023 (UTC)

I've been trying very hard not to ABF about [Jess Wade], but I'm genuinely uncomfortable. It wouldn't be that hard for her to simply respond to the multiple requests and pings that have been sent her way. I could say a lot more, but I won't. --Tryptofish (talk) 17:56, 6 October 2023 (UTC)
My bolding.

That's fear. Tryptofish is well known for speaking his mind, but Jess Wade is the one editor about which he feels it is prudent to keep his counsel.

His is (quote rightly) afraid of the intimidation that is placed on anyone who dares to hold Jess Wade to the standards that are routinely applied to non-valuable editors, such as the requirement to communicate.

In her SEVEN years of being a Wikipedia editor, she has made a grand total of 7,407 still live edits, but only 313 of those edits were to non-content. The parts of Wikipedia devoted to communication and collaboration. Talk pages, project pages her user page.

That is ridiculous. It is clear proof Jess Wade doesn't see herself as part of a community or a collaboration at all.

This isn't shyness. This isn't efficiency. This isn't a distate for Wikipedia's sexism and hostility.

This is Wikipedia Administrators giving Jess Wade a free pass. There is no article issue or other matter where her opinion would be expected and required, where she isn't allowed to just blatantly ignore her supposed colleagues if it suits her.

It probably suits her not to expand on the reasons Indira Raman doesn't want a biography, because the crap state it in was in large part down to who wrote it.

It's amusing to think this mutism even extends to her fans.

Isn't this still unanswered comment on her talk page ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS?
Prithee, good Dr, could you please, please, pretty please, with sugar on top, weigh in there? --GRuban (talk) 20:11, 20 October 2023 (UTC)
That isn't even about the Raman Afd. it's about a completely different but equally important issue. She has totally ignored it.

That fuckwit is all over that Afd lauding Jess Wade as a model editor, completely trustworthy. He cites all the media coverage she gets as proof she is a model Wikipedian. It is insane.

He is utterly deluded. Yet he is one of the many people who have in the past taken direct action on Wikipedia to ensure Jess Wade cannot be held to account. Now he has got a taste of his own about what she is really like. Yet he will breeze past this clear sign that Wade isn't what he thought she was. He's too invested in the fantasy now.

He will defend and protect her forever. Fucking moron.

This is Wikipedia. An absolute ship of fools.

As well as seeing pushback from fanboys like that, Tryptofish, as a deeply addicted editor, has things that bully boy Administrators can take from him, if he dares to point out that the Empress has no clothes in a more prominent more impactful way than just a random comment in a random Afd.

It has of course even obvious for years that Jess Wade is a virtual mute on Wikipedia, ignoring even praise never mind legitimate requests for clarification. And she has always done her official Wikipedia business on Twitter or via the media.

She is given wide leeway if not total immunity, where all others are subjected to a suffocating straightjacket of rules and social norms, with asshole Administrators like Drmies absolutely relishing their license to bully anyone who deviates from expectations.

Nobody will ever see Drmies say a single damn word about Jess Wade. He will never rip apart one of her biographies or berate her for rudely ignoring valid requests for information. He's too smart. At least smart enough to become a prolific bully on Wikipedia.

Most are not so lucky, perhaps because lingering morals prevent them them going as far as Drmies in their shitheelery. When push comes to shove, Tryptofish is a pussy. As is anyone who is a Wikipedia editor not privelaged enough to be a flat track bully. It is what you must become to be happy existing in that world.

It is Jess Wade's encyclopedia. All others are just guests.

It is the unfortunate side effect of Wikipedia scrambling for any way to counter the narrative that they are a bunch of sexist pigs writing penis-pedia.

Needless to say, it hasn't led to a balancing of the gender gap, either in demographics or content. All it has led to is the personal enrichment of Wade.