Bbb23 admin abuse

One of the worst admins in WP history lol
CMAwatch
Sucks Critic

Re: Wikipedia falsely advertizes itself.

Post by CMAwatch » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:22 pm

badmachine wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:59 pm
CMAwatch wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:42 pm
JuiceBeetle wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:26 pm
Crow has written a nice essay on Wikipediocracy about Bbb23 in his signature style. It's an entertaining piece, not without truth, therefore I'll republish it here in remembrance of our warrior.
Original: http://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewtop ... 26#p262667

Not that I want Wikipedia to “die”, but they are destroying themselves.

If Wikipedia actually was interested in what they boast in their mission statement, they would at least make the following changes:
  • Make Rule WP:G5 and WP:G13 ineffective. These rules are (excuse my language) utter bullshit and counter-productive.
  • Obligate administrators to actually follow WP:5P4 and WP:ADMINACCT. Administrators on Wikipedia have a lot of social pressure.
  • Take action against clearly misbehaving administrators, especially Bbb23 who revoked Aron Manning's talk page access instantly after a bit of criticism.
  • Judge users by their actual edits, not whether they were blocked at some earlier points.
Wikipedia's mission statement evidently is false advertising.
Wikipedia's mission statement is a bunch of baloney. The best they could do is delete the damned thing and replace it with this:

Sadly, their conformity bias overrules rationality and sanity.

Many current Wikipedia administrators are evidently highly prone to social/peer pressure. Therefore they approve of each other's abusive conduct.
#BbbGate
Weaponizing WP:G5
Oops! Didn't think we'd see? It's right there on WikipediaSucks.co!
ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:22 am
[Wikipedia is] a stupid video game, and the "encyclopedia" is an accidental byproduct.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

stupid photo

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:32 pm

badmachine wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:59 pm
Wikipedia's mission statement is a bunch of baloney. The best they could do is delete the damned thing and replace it with this:

I should note that ALL of those people no longer work for the WMF.

Kat Walsh is now a member of the Free Software Foundation board, Leslie Carr works at Quip, and Brandon Harris works at something called Joingo.

And Sue? Ha ha ha, let's all laugh at Sue:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/06/busi ... ngwin.html
During the upheaval of this past spring, the site went from closely watched to the subject of outright voyeurism.

In April, Ms. Angwin was fired. In a letter to Mr. Newmark, the Craigslist founder, she accused Sue Gardner, the executive director and a founder of the site, of ousting her as part of Ms. Gardner’s desire to adopt a tone of frank advocacy against the tech industry. Ms. Gardner disputed that, arguing that there had been problems with Ms. Angwin’s leadership. As Ms. Angwin noted then, most members of the staff followed her out the door.

A month later, on the Friday before the Memorial Day weekend, Mr. Newmark wrote on Twitter that Ms. Gardner and The Markup’s third founder, Jeff Larson, a data journalist who joined the site from ProPublica with Ms. Angwin and succeeded her as editor in chief, had departed. Neither Ms. Gardner nor Mr. Larson replied to requests for comment.
Wikimedia is A VAST RIVER OF MADNESS, and the staff is in a state of constant turnover. Jimbo built a madhouse. And NONE of those people will admit it publicly, given that they all used their WMF time to boost their miserable little careers. AND THEY SPREAD THEIR ERRATIC BULLSHIT TO OTHER ORGANIZATIONS.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Re: stupid photo

Post by JuiceBeetle » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:03 pm

ericbarbour wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:32 pm
Kat Walsh is now a member of the Free Software Foundation board,
While I very much like the idea of free (as in: open-source) software, I've never understood what the FSF does. All I see is just like the WMF: lots of talk about nothing. Seems reasonable that a WMF staffer found her way there (and nowhere else...)

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Bbb23 admin abuse

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:15 pm

Hah. Like a lot of MIT/Harvard associated nonprofits, I suspect the FSF mainly exists to provide gainful employment for the more questionable members of the tech community. Another of them being Brad "The Cunctator" Johnson, one of Wikipedia's earliest crank admins and major Jimbo asslicker.

There was a rumor that Kat Walsh was working behind the scenes last year to purge Stallman, one of the FSF founders, over that sexual-harassment business. He deserved it and it's only a rumor, but it sounds an awful lot like a typical Jimbo-move. Could go on and on about Stallman. For 30+ years people knew he was batshit wacko--but they still treated him like a "hero of open source blah blah".

And you folks wonder why Bbb23 is allowed to run wild on WP servers?

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:57 pm

I could add something to Crow's comments, although I refuse to post it on a Vigilant-infested area.
In short, Wikipedia has a published privacy policy, it dictates how and when CheckUsers may access personally identifying information, and if all the facts were known, I should think it obvious it could be proven that their failure to ensure Bbb23 stuck to the policy, was the result of negligence and had material harm. Shit, publish a few select emails from his buddies, I bet you could even prove it was "knowingly and willfully".

Dude is a straight up fucking criminal, they know what he did, they know his details, they won't release his details to us as concerned citizens, which makes them accessories after the fact, under Penal Code 32PC.
Hopeless. Checkuser has been abused so many times that most of their checkusers, past AND present, should be jailed. It hasn't happened and I seriously doubt it ever will. David Gerard committed epic abuses, including the flat-out "doxxing" of several folks; and no one's ever sued or arrested him (that we know of).
Randy From Boise wrote:Try to aim the piss stream out of the tent, not inwards.
So you can have a drink, I'm guessing?

CMAwatch
Sucks Critic

Bbb23 uses massRollback.js

Post by CMAwatch » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:40 pm

Bbb23 uses a script to mass-rollback all editors of a user, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bbb23/common.js .

Rule G5 rave at its finest.
#BbbGate
Weaponizing WP:G5
Oops! Didn't think we'd see? It's right there on WikipediaSucks.co!
ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:22 am
[Wikipedia is] a stupid video game, and the "encyclopedia" is an accidental byproduct.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Re: Bbb23 uses massRollback.js

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:05 pm

CMAwatch wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:40 pm
Bbb23 uses a script to mass-rollback all editors of a user, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bbb23/common.js .
That's the only script that he uses... quite telling.
Some admins use dozens.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:50 am

You know there's a serious problem when he "quits", but keeps logging in--to delete criticisms on his talkpage. What a little turd.
00:11, 7 April 2020 diff hist -354‎ User talk:Bbb23 ‎ →‎Discussion on ArbCom Noticeboard: remove, people can find it on their own if they wish to
00:02, 7 April 2020 diff hist -142‎ User talk:Bbb23 ‎ →‎ArbCom and me: remove inadvertently placed stray characters, and remove comment
00:01, 7 April 2020 diff hist -497‎ User talk:Bbb23 ‎ →‎New socks of Starbucks6789: remove post that won't archive
13:57, 4 April 2020 diff hist -482‎ User talk:Bbb23 ‎ →‎ArbCom and me: remove post
13:32, 4 April 2020 diff hist -323‎ User talk:Bbb23 ‎ →‎ArbCom and me: remove post
13:31, 4 April 2020 diff hist -864‎ User talk:Bbb23 ‎ →‎A shame: remove post
22:08, 1 April 2020 diff hist +157‎ User talk:Bbb23 ‎ add break and link to farewell
22:07, 1 April 2020 diff hist +903‎ User talk:Bbb23 ‎ →‎ArbCom and me: new section

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:05 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:50 am
You know there's a serious problem when he "quits", but keeps logging in--to delete criticisms on his talkpage. What a little turd.
He could put up a banner
This page is censored per wikipedia's policies, don't even try to say a negative comment.
He should be rewarded the "Barnstar of whitewashing".

Kumioko
Sucks Mod

Post by Kumioko » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:39 am

Ironic thing is, I wrote the original version of that script back in about 2010. All writ keeper did was copy it when I got banned.
#BbbGate