Beeblebrox suspended, humiliated

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Re: Beeblebrox suspended, humiliated

Post by ChaosMeRee » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:23 am

It is honestly too funny for words. But of course, I have the words....
It's not the same thing and I do take it seriously.
Ergo, you did not take being an Arbitrator seriously.
I was told this was about my fitness to be on the committee, nobody gave me the slightest hint it was going anywhere beyond that. Its starting to feel like the committee didn't even think about telling me and assumed I would expect additional revocations, which I find ridiculous.
That you find it ridiculous, is the ridiculous thing. Perhaps you should have taken this role more seriously?
And it's not just that I have hurt feelings over it, I find it manifestly unjust.
All of which suggest you filed an appeal of an Arbitrator decision in part on grounds of hurt feelings and lack of justice.

I mean, seriously. Your are ridiculous at this point.

Absolutely, totally, worthy of ridicule.

Not mere even handed criticism. That would allow room for doubt that you aren't a complete fool or are otherwise engaged in complete shithousery. There is no need for false balance here. It should be taken as read. He has clarified himself enough that his meaning his clear. And he means to be seen as a fool.

I ridicule you sir.

Thank your lucky stars Jake is minded to protect the ridiculous, seeing it as his solemn duty to protect you and give you safe harbour. To not ridicule or even critique. That would be just so......mean!

No wonder they feel like they have a common bond, the ridiculous Wikipedians and the incapable critics. Huddling together for their mutual protection.

Damn right too, on this utterly pathetic showing.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

HTD.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:37 am

Oh wow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Clov ... Jan_1_2024
Do you think you'll keep editing for the foreseeable future?

That's kind of a tough one for me right now, I'm feeling a little burned out and disolussioned. Taking a break of a few months now and then is a good thing for long-term editors. I keep telling myself I'm going to take one but one thing after another seems to keep me here at least a little.
Someone give Beeblebrox some wikiluv.

He's all sad.

:lol:

Hey JAKE!

Tell your minions, they need to suck harder and faster. And they should make sure they are going all the way to the base. Don't be short changing one of your most respected members.

:whambo:

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:20 am

I also think a lot of people view adminship as a trophy or a promotion. It is not. The admin burnout rate is high because if you actually do the work, it's exhausting and fairly thankless. In fact you are more likely to be attacked for doing the work than to be thanked for it. If you can't handle that, don't sweat it, just don't run for adminship. You'll be fine.
For some reason, I think he wouldn't feel that way if he was desysoped.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:47 am

I wonder if Beebebrox has an undeclared Russian/Polish line in his family......?

A cousin Szmenderowiecki perhaps?

I honestly can't think of any other reason why a user who is so utterly unconnected to Beeblebrox in terms of how and where they edit Wikipedia (to the point of it almost looking deliberate), why they would be so invested in Beeblebrox's !appeal.

Sure, Wikipedia has a lot of busybodies and Szmenderowiecki is a frequent flier at ARB/ARCA/AN/ANI, presumably to make similar wikilawyering submissions, but it really does stand out how Szmenderowiecki is (quite literally) the ONLY person who is supporting Beeblebrox in any way. And very strongly ( "judicial misconduct" !).

And with so many words and different angles of attack, but whose main point directly mirrors Beeblebrox's pathetic central argument that he wasn't told removal of oversight was being considered, this is unfair/unjust/mean, so all other matters (including the protection of confidentiality) are ENTIRELY IMMATERIAL. If the glove don't fit, you must aquit.

Curiously, Szmenderowiecki was also one of the very tiny few who cared about the supposed snub of Beeblebrox not being thanked for his service when the election results were announced, joining only JPxG and a mystery IP, and of course Beeblebrox himself once the opportunity to disgrace himself arose, at the very small but very hilarious pity party at AC/N....

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... _Committee

Indeed, I find it remarkable how cklose Szmenderowiecki and Beeblebrox are in their thinking in the whole matter. The only important breach was the last one, and on that score Beeblebrox was right (IAR). All other breaches were unimportant and the lack of transparency points to what is really going on here, a grand plot against Beeblebrox. Not the understandable bumbling or even dysfunction of the notoriously clownish body that is ArbCom, but actual ill intent. Malice. Conspiracy.

If it wasn't for the fact Szmenderowiecki devoted a few words to admitting Beeblebrox' filing is "a bit WP:WIKILAWYERy" and concedes that "Private communications should remain confidential", you might be forgiven for thinking you were reading Beeblebrox's own words, and he had presumably just renamed himself half way through an important proceeding, as you do.

In the !appeal, it is remarkable how Szmenderowiecki stands completely alone, the only corner-man Beeblebrox has. A man with only 5,000 edits over three years. A pitiful state of affairs for an !appellant who was first elected to ArbCom in 2014, and is of course currently claiming.....
I was trying to be a different kind of arbitrator, in fact I ran on that principle, and was elected, twice.
And so where are all his devoted followers now their chosen man is down on his luck, and just wants to eek out one tiny bit of dignity and one small victory against his persecutors?

Where are the people who appreciated his way of doing things when he was one of those bastards? His bold but correct path. His approach laden with honesty, integrity and probity.

Come on people. Beeblebrox is saaad. He's been quite open about how he needs a reason to stick around. A way to be useful.

Come on. Can you not show a little pity? Aren't you terrified you might lose a titan like Beebs for good!?!

Have they all been paid off bar the noble Szmenderowiecki?

Where are his adoring public? We know they exist, he has said so on the Official Record of Wikipedia history....

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 55#p341155
All three times I was elected I was "beaten" by candidates who got fewer supports than I did, but also fewer opposes and way more neutrals. It's for sure a path one can take, be noticed to be active doing admin stuff, but keep your head down otherwise.
But here he is. All alone, bar Szmenderowiecki.

All other commenters, and of course every single Arbitrator to comment thus far, have shown they consider this request entirely without merit (even those who think the committee could have communicated better, which given this is a case about the never afraid to fuck people around Beeblebrox, is pretty hilarious).

I'm no Vigilant, I don't subscribe to wild conspiracy theories without any actual evidence.

So if nobody knows of any good (or bad) reason why Szmenderowiecki would want to stand alone in Beeblebrox's corner, the simplest conclusion is the best (and funniest).....

Beeblebrox is such a massively self absorbed arrogant time wasting irresponsible PRICK, the only people to whom he comes across as a sympathetic case, someone who has been treated unfairly or without due process (in a manner that rises to the level of a mistake clearly having been made AND that requires rectification lest Wikipedia is harmed as a result - NOTBURO, NOTPUNISHMENT, IAR), is a born Wikilawyer.

Someone who spends more than a third of their time on Wikipedia faffing about in Wikipedia and Talk space, even though they're nothing more than a bog standard editor in terms of user rights and areas of interest.

Not even a very good wiikawyer by the looks of it, having to be warned to conduct their business before the bench properly....
@Szmenderowiecki: you need to stop substantively changing your remarks at this point. In fact, other than striking something, you needed to have done that once someone substantively replied to you. If you have new comments to make I'm granting you a 250 word extension to make new comments, including (if you'd like) your most recent change, which I'm reverting. Barkeep49 (talk) 16:38, 4 January 2024 (UTC)
Someone who did a good thing by recently opposing Tails Wx at RfA, but did so by arriving long after the trend toward hell no had become apparent, with Szmenderowiecki being the very last but clearly not decisive Oppose, and in a way that showed he was keen to demonstrate his deep knowledge of Wikipedia. But in the process revealing why he might be the sort of person who would find sympathy with a person like Beeblebrox.

Why would anyone with a functioning brain be more concerned with an Admin candidate having created articles that don't satisfy SUSTAINED, than in an Admin candidate claiming they just somehow forgot why they asked for their user page to be deleted just a few months ago? Only a Wikilawyer or a dumbass does this. The two not exactly being unrelated conditions.

Take a look, Beeblebrox.

This is it. Your only suporter.

Your.....electorate?

Sad times.

:lol:

HTD.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:19 am

With Beeb's !appeal dead in the water, trounced 10/1/0, what can we say about the four Arbitrators who didn't vote and why?

* CaptainEek
* To Be Free
* HI Mitchell
* Sdrqaz

That's one of the four veterans, and three of the six rookies.

The veteran CaptainEek voted for the original susoension, so her absence doesn't look particularly significant. And it does look deliberate. They were happily posting to AN/ARCA in the days before Beeb filed his !appeal, but when it dropped, rather than have her say on it, she helped a new user with the draft of their first article.....
The Music Man Project (MMP) is a music education service in the United Kingdom, which focuses on children and adults with learning disabilities
Isn't that nice? The gender gap correction efforts in action.

A woman in a position of authority on Wikipedia choosing not to help a formerly powerful man in his effort to make a lot of noise and smear a lot of poo around his cell in a desperate effort to get noticed and waste the time of everyone he sees as his enemies in the grand BATTLE, and instead to spend that precious time helping a woman newcomer write an article that is the exact sort of content they lack due to the gender gap.

It is obviously a complete waste of time, in the sense this is not unlike dropping one grain of sand on a field in the effort to turn it into a beach. But it says a lot that they see this as a more valuable use of their time and effort than even entertaining the existence of Beeb's dirty protest.

Would that more on the Committee take such a sensible approach, but of course, it is rather hamstring in such things due to being just as male dominated as it has always been, reflective of those who elect them.

The three rookies are even more interesting....

Only Sdrqaz is officially marked as inactive, but that seems inaccurate. Not only are they active as in they have edited every day since January 3rd when the !appeal dropped, those edits have included making (continuing) a response to the GiantSnowman ARCA. ToBeFree has been highly active in the days since this !appeal dropped, spanning both content edits, ordinary Admin work and Arbitrator business. They even made a house-keeping edit to the !appeal. Harry has of course been highly active doing his usual Admin bullshit while also trying out his shiny new Arbsuit by commenting at the Pofka ARCA and on the Israeli canvassing motion.

So why is it absolutely fucking hilarious that all these of those rookies chose to do other things rather than help Beeblebrox to extract even some small shred of dignity for himself? A couple of reasons....

The first is that one of these people is presumably the direct beneficiary of the blowback against the two incumbents who had so cruely been part of the conspiracy to suspend Beeblebrox and who were standing for re-election. This saw Wugapodes denied a seat, and Cabayi suffer the indignity of finishing below five of the six rookies. Given Srqaz was the sixth and finished bottom, even though they had less support votes than Wugapodes, one can presume he is the lucky winner. So to see him being so unwilling to reward his benefactors with even a token protest at the !appeal, is highly amusing.

The second is that more generally, these three are the rookies who look most like Beeblebrox out of the six, in his aspirations to be a "different" kind of Arbitrator. Someone unafraid to do the right thing, break from the orthodoxy, smash the Code of Silence. Allegedly.

Harry is well known for being (in his mind at least) an unconventional/outspoken Admin. He of course only decided to stand for election once he was satisfied things had got so bad, the stench so rotten, and thus the democratic choice so sparse, that an obviously unsuitable and perhaps even undesirable candidate could finally make it to the top table, essentially by default. So it's quite funny to see him not standing with Beeblebrox.

ToBeFree (Tobais Frei) is not nearly as long in the tooth as Harry (perhaps because they are a re-shoe of a previous high flying editor who flew too close to the sun to be able to eventually win a seat, not realising the Age of Harry was soon to make such concerns moot), but they are most definitely an abusive kind of Admin, unafraid to bend or even break the rules if it suits the agenda of Wikipedia (the pursuit of justice for insiders, the brutal suppression of outsiders). While not nearly as outspoken, for their odd mix of being a plugged in cult member but not a careerist or team player, they really are quite similar to Beeblebrox.

Sdrqaz hasn't been an Admin for long enough to reliably say what his philosophy is, but it was really quite obvious this long time editor merely saw RfA as a mere stepping stone to his true goal - obtaining a seat on ArbCom so he could shake things up. Just like Beeblebrox.

Maybe they all kept their counsel so that they could help Beeblebrox at a later date, at a time where their lone or minority voices could be more helpful. Knowing surely as they do that his mooted wandering off into the sunset is just more of his usual manipulative bullshit. And then again, maybe they didn't.

I think that they happily dropped him in a way that didn't make people think they too are nothing but careerist blobs happy to go along with the crowd, for the simple reason that if you do have aspirations of being a "different" kind of Arbitrator, you probably don't want people to think that your idea of different is Beeblebrox's idea of different.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:03 am

Well look who finally turned up....
I'm deeply conflicted on this but ultimately I come down as a decline. I consider JSS a friend, especially after we met at Wikimania in 2012, and if it came down to it I would trust him with my personal information. He was an excellent oversighter and Wikipedia is a better, safer place because of his contributions in that field. But nobody disputes that he disclosed information that came into his possession because he was an arbitrator or functionary and more than once. That caused enough concern for last year's committee to remove him, and removal of advanced permissions is a reasonable and foreseeable measure along with that. Ultimately, oversight absolutely depends on trust and discretion—we need people to report things to us, and someone considering reporting something needs to have confidence that not only the reported material but the report itself and any ancillary information or discussion will be handled discretely. I think there's at least a significant minority of the community that does not have that confidence, so it would not be appropriate to restore permissions at this point. But time heals all wounds and trust can be rebuilt; this is explicitly not "never again". HJ Mitchell | Penny for your thoughts? 23:15, 6 January 2024 (UTC)
My bolding.

The bold part definitely doesn't sound like something Harry the Admin would have said, or even considered as relevant.

So either he has become far more mature in the week he has held high office, or some kindly soul is coaching them in how to be an Arbitrator, perhaps one of the veterans. Arguably not as selfless an act as it may sound. This ArbCom can ill afford someone crashing and burning this early.