Beeblebrox suspended, humiliated

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: Beeblebrox suspended, humiliated

Post by Bbb23sucks » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:32 pm

He changed his username to "Just Step Sideways": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Just_Step_Sideways
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:10 am

Lol, so much stupid guff. Tedious to read.

I'm getting complaints from WPO management about the screenshots above.....

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:37 am

Lol:
IMG_8727.jpeg
IMG_8727.jpeg (84.2 KiB) Viewed 714 times

badmachine
Sucker

Post by badmachine » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:44 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:10 am
Lol, so much stupid guff. Tedious to read.

thats hilarious

also:
glad to see Jake has a sensible take on furries :^)

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:47 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:10 am
This whole situation is about leaks from ArbCom on their site. Didn't they post copies of secret mailing lists before? It's not a matter of principle just Spy vs.Spy. They post our "secret stuff" all the time and even had a mod over here doing their bidding.

This stuff isn't even juicy. The only reason it's private is because Beeblebrox is a "valued member" i.e. their latest potted plant in the Wikipedia hierarchy.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:13 am

boredbird wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:47 am
They post our "secret stuff" all the time and even had a mod over here doing their bidding.
Could you elaborate on this part?

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:59 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:13 am
boredbird wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:47 am
They post our "secret stuff" all the time and even had a mod over here doing their bidding.
Could you elaborate on this part?
No. It's long since over so let's leave it there.

Main point is that Wikipedia is idiotic for allowing them into the star chamber. Should you or I be Wikipedia arbitrators and checkusers? Lol no. It's not the first time they've been burned but as with everything else they never learn.

Even if he wasn't a made man there when he started on Wikipedia it's been obvious for years that he is one now. The part of what he shared that they can see is probably just an unimportant fraction of what he shared. secretly. They probably know who he is but won't dox him because he's on their team. I'm surprised it took this idiot committee so long to draw the obvious conclusions.
Last edited by boredbird on Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:52 am

A small and rather pathetic movement is emerging to try and paint Beebletits as a martyr.

Parallels to Floquenbeam have even been mentioned, by ArbCom no less, which seems unwise. Floquenbeam was the Wikipedia equivalent of a violent thug who murdered the entire ruling class on a so called point of principle. That principle was that ArbCom should have sole jurisdiction over English Wikipedia. And we can all see how that turned out.

Someone with the dubious levels of popular support as Beebledick, was allowed to do as he pleased, forcing Floquenbeam-lite mini-revolts and constitutional ructions. Or ripples. Well, a small barely detectable change in collective harmony. But if he is to be seen as a Floquenbeam, merely potentially losing two incumbents for following the rules, seems like a bargain.

Beebletwonk is of course embracing the narrative. He knowingly broke the rules, because he's such a fucking HERO. He's not got the balls or the support to be a Floquenbeam, so he is relying on others buying into this bullshit. As his rename suggests, he is standing aside. Like all cowards do, during a hoped for revolution. Should the community successfully overthrow their Stalinist ArbCom oppressors, and I'm quite sure you need more than a handful of malcontents for that, Beebledork will of course gladly step up to take the cardboard throne. And then be decapitated by Bishonen, who covets that power more than any other. There can be only one.

Like all hero narratives, the theory crumbles when you throw in a few facts which said hero has studiously tried to sidestep.....

* The alleged hero incident (breaking the ArbCom "Code of Silence" to give hints via Wikipediocracy to assist a wrongly banned user belonging to a different Wikipedia in being restored by their functionaries) wasn't the primary reason for his suspension, and indeed it was seen as minor and possibly unimportant by his colleagues. It was only when they viewed it in light of Beeblebrox's history of indiscretion in multiple incidents even after being advised and then warned, and his explanations, they decided he could no longer be trusted to be mature enough to hold this office (as Hammersoft eloquently put it, "Any member of ArbCom releasing data (no matter how small) compromises the integrity of ArbCom. This has happened before, and is why I and several people I am aware of do not trust ArbCom with confidential data.")

* It doesn't matter if the hero incident didn't involve the release of information specifically deemed private for being personally identifying, what Beeblegossip did was a clear breach of the wider restriction which says details of ArbCom's private deliberations are assumed to be confidential period, and details should only be released with the agreement of the Committee. If Beeblebrox had presented his case to the Committee that doing so was a right and just act, the rule could and by policy should be set aside in this one incident. Ignore All Rules. And If the Committee still said no, there is a plethora of democratic mechanisms Beeblebrox can use to replace them with wiser, better, people. He chose to go a different route, that of a child that hasn't got his way. It is of course ironic that Beebletwit no longer has the option of appealing to a higher authority, be that Jimmy or the Foundation. Lol. The gift that Floquenbeam keeps on giving.

* It seems unlikely that Beeblebrox did what he did in the hero incident solely to be a good guy. If that was all he cared about, the specific injustice, he could have privately tipped off the user, and kept his job. Nope, it seems clear from even his own statements, retrospective as they may be, he did it publicly because he is unhappy about the "Code of Silence" and wanted to forment a groundswell of support for reform. This is of course horseshit. Only a day earlier, he was arguing that the fact nobody saw it except the snitch on the Committee who has so cruely taken his toys away from him, was the reason why he is innocent and this was all a fuss about nothing. He posted it publicly on Wikipediocracy because he wants to be friends with the cool kids. He has sweets, and they like sweets. Simple as that. He is a sad bastard, period. This is never clearer than when you realise that even if Beeblesadbastard thought there was a need for creating a public spectacle of a user being helped out of a jam, there were ways he could have done that on-wiki, thereby removing any suggestion he was doing this to impress, entertain or otherwise curry favour with sewer rats.

* The Arbitrators are certainly quite adamant, and their logic cannot really be faulted, that in the hero incident, the mere fact of where Beeblebrox made his comment, the supposed BADSITE, is immaterial. It was what he said. Had he said it on wiki, all things being the same (his history, his attempted justifications), the outcome would have been the same. The point is being made yet again, that multiple (read: a fuck load) of current Arbitrators already post on Wikipedipcracy without incident. Presumably because they're not doing so because they're lonely or lack a sense of power in their lives.

* Even if Beebletraitor is going to run with this idea he released no private information in the hero incident, he is still on record as saying he views that as no crime because he only released a "small detail". As Hammersoft also eloquently put it, there is no such thing. "There is no exception for releasing data when it is a "small detail". Sometimes a "small detail" is the jigsaw piece that enables finishing the puzzle. That one piece can mean the entire puzzle." Presumably Beeblefraud is hoping the community are stupid enough to have somehow forgotten that helping a user complete a jigsaw using the one small piece he gave him, was his stated goal.

* This hoped for comparisons to Floquenbeam are of course deeply flawed. In his own way, Floquenbeam let his violent actions speak for themselves, in the belief It would spur the community to do the right thing. It sits in stark contrast to the fact Beeblefake's actions in being the hero are decidedly timid, it is only his justifications that are trying to incite revolt with his rather immature use of violence themed language - "I accept that I violated the code of silence and was shanked for it." Oh please. About the only good thing Floquenbeam did was to acknowledge what he had done was 100% illegal, so he did the right thing and resigned, throwing himself to the mercy of the community to say whether he is saint or sinner after the event. They restored him, and have been paying the price ever since. Having a contemptible selfish arrogant slimeball like Beeblefrog as your shining light and guiding beacon, is an example. Beeblebeetle's manner of being a Peasant's Champion couldn't be any more different to Floquenbeam if he tried. Beeblebeetle didn't resign, he dared the Committee to sack him. And Beeblecoward isn't planning to return to power on a wave of popular unwashed support. He's swanning off into the sunset, on paid leave for a month no less, hoping someone else will do the heavy lifting in breaking the "Code of Silence" and avenge him. Electing peasant farmer Robert McClenon and punishing a mere two of twelve supposed Mafiosi is all the community gets apparently. And make no mistake, this was entirely within Beebleweasel's hands. He was informed of the concerns of the Committee before the deadline for standing in this year's election. He could have stood on a FUCK THE MAFIA platform, and been swept into power as the undisputed clear winner, his mandate for sweeping reform clear. He did not. He knows he does not and never will have that mandate. It is debatable whether this is even what the community means when they say they want more transparency.

* If Hamersoft can make you look like an immoral fool, you really do need to have a long hard look at yourself.

* I'm not even totally sure the hero incident is even quite as described by Beeblebrox....
There's another thread on Wikipediocracy about a user from another wiki who was blocked and told they could appeal to the en arbcom for some reason, which they did. As a result of this misdirection, I became aware of the reason they had been blocked. Those responsible for the block shared that with us, but were not sharing it with the actual user that had been blocked. So, yeah, when they got close to guessing the correct answer I made a coy comment that basically telegraphed that they had succesfully figured out why they were blocked. So, I let somebody know why they were blocked so that they would have a fair chance at actually appealing it. They did, and they got unblocked. I consider that the correct result and I don't care that I bent the rules a little to help out with it.
I would need to go back and refresh my memory, but my suspicion is that Beeblefiddle couldn't acheive his goal without revealing conclusions what were made during an investigation by duly appointed Functionaries of a different wiki that involved combining public edits, with off wiki evidence of an OUTING risk nature, and obviously clearly confidential CheckUser data. The reason this stuff can often look like a "Code of Silence" is because it is virtually impossible to give any useful details without compromising confidences that exist for very good reasons. It is also of course because Wikipedia functionaries are often corrupt and abuse their powers for their own ends. In either case, if a mistake or an injustice has occurred, for a sitting Wikipedia Arbitrator in possession of the full facts to think his only means of correcting an injustice is dropping hints in the sewers, is really quite laughable.

It is what a sad little boy would think. A sad excuse of a man who is too immature to execute their high office with the maturity it calls for, and wants only to slither back to the comfort and security of from whence he rose.

Reject the hero narrative.

Strangle it at birth.

Or don't.

I can't lie, a revolution in the name of Beeblebrox, whose leaders on the ground are people like Boing! no less, that would suit the forces of Wikipedia destruction to a tee.

But that has never been my method.

I kill through the dissemination of truth and cogent analysis.

It is why the sewer people, Boing! included, hate me so.

HTD.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:17 pm

ChaosMeRee wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:52 am
A small and rather pathetic movement is emerging to try and paint Beebletits as a martyr.
C'mon, you knew THAT would also happen. He still has a lot of supporters in that sick little orbit.
Parallels to Floquenbeam have even been mentioned, by ArbCom no less, which seems unwise. Floquenbeam was the Wikipedia equivalent of a violent thug who murdered the entire ruling class on a so called point of principle.
Well, not quite, but "Mr. Cohen" (that's not his real name!!) is unquestionably a complete smarmy bastard. Need proof?
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1187350504

As for the rest of this, tldr.

You could do us all a favor, chief. The same offer for all other members of this forum:
Write up a 3-4 paragraph summary of Beeb's downfall, with links to the WP squabbles. And I will put it in the book wiki "preserved for eternity" blah blah. Thanks!

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:59 am

The revolution has already fizzled to the sorry sight of Spartaz being incandescent with rage that Beeblebrox wasn't told this.....
In our discussion before the vote, the rough nose count made it obvious that a removal couldn't command a large enough majority.
.....before it was said publicly on the noticeboard.

I am alone in not having a clue what the supposed crime here is. This would appear to be a statement of the fucking obvious, not super sekrit cabalism. What is the objection? That if Beeblewank had known the Committee weren't going to fire him, he would have done what? Stop digging, or dig harder?