Beeblebrox suspended, humiliated

Evil admin for many years, tossed out in 2020, now infesting Wikipediocracy
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Beeblebrox suspended, humiliated

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:17 pm

Lol. Just lol.

Also.....
As always, the hope here is to reatin "Scotty the great Wikipedian" while removing "Scotty the problematic admin." Beeblebrox (talk) 15:46, 7 July 2023 (UTC)
"reatin"?
Last edited by ericbarbour on Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:40 pm

I wonder if this was initiated from the Philomath/Dronebogus drama.

Edit: After reading further, I now see that this seemly has stemmed from the Lourdes case.
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:11 pm

And the man speaks. His edit summary of "meh" adequately conveys the contempt he has for the Committee, if it wasn't already clear from the substance of the post...
Of course I knew this was under discussion and did attempt to reply to the concerns raised, but I don't recall anyone mentioning this bizzare idea of suspending me for six months when my term is up in one month anyway. I can't say that makes a whole lot of sense.
Obviously, I think the committee made the wrong decision here. I'll cop to letting a small detail about something out on an external website. And when other committee members raised concerns about it, I asked for the post to be removed, and it was. And then I was told there was a "totality of evidence" of my wrongdoing that I needed to respond to, which I feel I did, just yesterday. I guess my replies didn't cut it. And you know what's funny, what I've just said, right here, contains the same level of detail about "priveledged communications" as the off-site post that led to this vote. Beeblebrox (talk) 18:26, 27 November 2023 (UTC)
I absolutely love the whole it was only a small detail and they removed it when I asked attempted defence. You of course see that deployed successfully all the time at AN/I, not. What a prick. Blind to his privelage even to the last.

How does this sit with the folks who kicked the Foundation in the nuts when they tried to instill some parental discipline to the creche? Does this look like respect for authority to you? Respect for the community? Respect for the poor bastards who send the Committee stuff in confidence, often under duress?

Last we forget, Beeblebrox presented himself in 2019 as the refreshed, responsible, trustworthy parent that the post-Framgate Wikipedia needed....
The basics: I've been an active Wikipedian for most of the last 12 years, I've been an admin for the last decade, and a functionary for about 9 years. I also previously served on the 2014 ArbCom.

I honestly can't believe I'm nominating myself. After my previous stint in 2014 I swore I wouldn't do it again, but here we are. Why? Because the committee has clearly had a very rough year and there is massive turnover/burnout, and a lot of new blood is needed. I think we also need some old blood, some institutional memory and experience with the process, and it has been five years since my previous term expired, so it doesn't burn quite as bad anymore.

This job is hard. It often is no fun at all, but it does need to be done, and I've done it before and was surprised to find I'm willing to do it again. I believe my record speaks for itself, although I have a low tolerance for disruption of the project, I also endeavor to remember, and remind others, that we are dealing with real people here, whether we are patrolling their very first edit or deciding whether to ban them or not, we have to remember that.
The level of deceit it must have taken to write that. Presenting himself as if he was doing them a favour. Wow.

And lest see forget, it wasn't like he changed. The red flags were right there in the questions asked.....
What are your thoughts about functionaries and other advanced permission holders discussing Wikipedia and other Wikimedians (in otherwise good standing) with WMF banned editors, specifically those who have a history of doxing and harassment?

After you were recently reappointed as CU, allegations were made that you gossip[ed] about the CU log. How would you respond to this? --Rschen7754 19:54, 12 November 2019 (UTC)
His answers were the real Beeblebrox. Brushing aside concerns, deflecting, showing he does actually know the rules, promising to be better. All avoiding the substantive issues, the fears that, as it turned out, proved to be totally correct.

Gossipy Beeblebrox treated his privelaged access as if it were a trading card with which he could buy friendship and influence with the folks at Wikipediocracy. And make no mistake, it bought him a lot. So called trolls were purged to make his life a little more comfortable, even though his DNFTT policy had been applied to his posting there from the outset, as if that was even a thing on a discussion forum. He got to define for himself who was a troll of course.

And I guess in the end, it was adopted as forum policy. To the point he genuinely did mean it when he said "we". He probably can't even tell the difference between the two sites anymore, save for the background, and the fact that on Wikipedia, he was occasionally, on a timescale of YEARS, held to some level of account.

I recall feeling a little bit sick when I saw that use of "we". A genuine disgust. But who am I? Just the "troll" who used that Wikipedia "criticism" sites to post what turned out to be.....

TOTALLY ON THE MONEY WORTH PAYING FOR AND THEN SOME VALUABLE INSIGHT INTO THE POWERS THAT BE ON WIKIPEDIA TRUE TRUE AND VERY TRUE STUFF

And don't you forget it Jake, you utter cunt.

No wonder he only got 66.3% (611 supp, 305 opp), and after two years managed to turn that into 65.5% (679/357).

Voted in second to last as the man doing them a favour, and returned again in last. Doesn't that, in hindsight as well as foresight, sum up the man Beeblebrox is, was, and always will be?

And if you were wondering, his very first term was a one year stint, and he finished dead last in that election too, scraping in at 55.3% (314/254). You don't even want to know how he described himself then, you will be laughing for a week. This small snippet is enough, and I am really spoiling you....
I have a reputation, which I am quite prod of, for being tough but also honest and fair. I am a terrible liar and would rather just say what I really think...... I don't intend to get up in everyone's faces and yell at them, but I won't participate in pretending to believe something I don't believe either.
Yup, people sure did get what they voted for, an honesty of sorts. And they all know what he doesn't believe in.

He doesn't believe in policy. He doesn't believe in humility. He doesn't believe in reflecting on why it is people were never quite in love with the Beebs.

Now we know. The first man in history to be stood down as an Arbitrator for cause.

And in case it isn't clear, and why would Beeblebrox understand this point at all, since it isn't really about him, they opted for six months to ensure that future Arbitrators know what to expect.

The standard is the standard now. If you suspend someone for a year, the minimum term service by an Arbitrator, then clearly you're not suspending them, you are removing them.

This parting statement looks like what it was. A guy who knows he's not qualified, knows everyone hates him, but doesn't have the guts to resign. A guy who breaks the rules, but in a sad attention seeking way, and when caught, tried to act like he was above it all anyway. Tries to find a sardonic humour in It all. Trying to be friends with the divorced dads, who only want to be friends with him because he has the keys to a kick ass car.

Well, he's not got those any more, so if Jake is friendly with him now, that really does make this "we" stuff seem pretty damn pathetic.

Beeblebrox is nobody's real dad. Hence why Wikipedia has to spend an INSANE amount of volunteer time trying to stop people ripping their faces off.

You get the terrorists you deserve. Just ask the Jews.

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:14 pm

Unsurprisingly, the only people defending Beeblebrox are Hemiauchenia and Masem/28Bytes, both regular posters at Wikipediocracy.

It is clearly a shock to them that Beebelbrox isn't the man they thought he was. He was barely a man at all.

And so, slowly, patiently, the Committee members are explaining to these people stuff that has already been explained many times, and indeed, isn't brand new information at all. This has emerged over months if not years.

It was certainly not new to me, as a Wikipedia critic whose job is to monitor the scum. And if I was allowed to post on Wikipediocracy as an equal to the mighty Beeblebrox, I could have let them know it too. Their ignorance is showing them up big time. One of the many prices you have paid, Jake, for banning me.

And I did warn you, didn't I? I did say this was your future. So EAT IT. Nom nom nom.

* Beebelbrox was not suspended for posting on Wikipediocracy, he was suspended because unlike other other Arbitrators who post there, Beeblebrox's posts are different. Read: bad, different. Over-familiar. Lacking in decourm, or even class. And most importantly of all, trading in gossip and privelaged material.

* This wasn't out of the blue. It wasn't a single incident. There is no single victim. It is part of a pattern stretching over years. No single incident was necessarily serious enough on its own, but the pattern was. Read: There is just no point even warning this cunt, he's just gonna keep doing it, daring us to act.

* In the final act, Beeeblebrox was given the same chance anyone else is given. Even though for rank and file this is usually just a pro forma exercise. The Arbitrators clearly didn't want the embarrassment of the first ever removal for cause. It stains them all. They dearly wanted him to take on board what we being said to him, reflect, learn, understand. This offering of a last chance was all done in private, offering him a way to save face. He didn't give it the attention it merited. Focused on the wrong thing entirely, then failed to convince. Perhaps didn't care at all. It was Beeblebrox who got Beeblebrox suspended. A mere public warning was on the table. The next logical step after his formal but private warning in 2021, even though concerns date as far back as 2019.

One phrase just popped which is unintentionally hilarious.
Barkeep49 wrote:the committee had over the years received multiple complaints from editors......multiple complaints about multiple different people over the years
Yup. And it was true of Fram too.

Maybe now it's time people realise that ArbCom just aren't up to the job of handling complaints from the only people who truly matter to the community, THEIR OWN FUCKING COMMUNITY.

Obviously outsiders can still go to hell, as is ordinarily the case.

These people, the real victims, used to be able to post on Wikipediocracy, but the price of bringing Beeblebrox in to share the fire and enjoy a hot chocolate, was to change the dress code.

Next thing you will know, you won't even be able to swear or spit on the floor.

They even civilised Vigilant. Credit where it's due, even his own mother (at least I think that is a human female) doesn't even recognise him now. He just sits in the corner now, silver tray on his head.

ANYONE FOR TEA WOT WOT

What a waste of time and money. All that effort, and their star writer jumped ship to the in house newsletter anyway.

How sad to think the Sign Post is now the place to go if you want the insiders-outsider's view of this affair.

I have brought you the outsiders insider's view. Gratuities not necessary.

If all this means Wikipediocracy have the insiders insiders view, they are of course not sharing it with anyone.

A cult within a cult.

They might feed you some bullshit about how if you slip a $75 bill into the garter of Giraffe Stapler he will break off his love affair with Jess Wade and let you have a peek into the private rooms where you might be able to observe Jake and Beeblebrox at work agreeing a shared text for release as a blog post.

Don't fall for it, it is a scam.

They tell you a blog post is on the way, and then it never comes.

All you see is Vigilant sitting in a puddle of his own piss.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:39 pm

Posted on WPO's private forum:
IMG_8670.jpeg
IMG_8670.jpeg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 1226 times
IMG_8671.jpeg
IMG_8671.jpeg (785.92 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
IMG_8672.jpeg
IMG_8672.jpeg (772.81 KiB) Viewed 1226 times

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:39 pm

IMG_8673.jpeg
IMG_8673.jpeg (692.05 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
IMG_8674.jpeg
IMG_8674.jpeg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 1226 times
IMG_8675.jpeg
IMG_8675.jpeg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 1226 times

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:40 pm

IMG_8676.jpeg
IMG_8676.jpeg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 1226 times
IMG_8677.jpeg
IMG_8677.jpeg (625.96 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
IMG_8678.jpeg
IMG_8678.jpeg (713.83 KiB) Viewed 1226 times

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:41 pm

IMG_8679.jpeg
IMG_8679.jpeg (717.57 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
IMG_8680.jpeg
IMG_8680.jpeg (894.63 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
IMG_8681.jpeg
IMG_8681.jpeg (820.83 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
Link in post: https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 14&t=12990
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:41 pm

IMG_8682.jpeg
IMG_8682.jpeg (918.28 KiB) Viewed 1226 times
IMG_8683.jpeg
IMG_8683.jpeg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 1226 times
IMG_8684.jpeg
IMG_8684.jpeg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 1226 times
Link in post: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1187155213
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:42 pm

IMG_8685.jpeg
IMG_8685.jpeg (724.64 KiB) Viewed 1065 times