ArbCom calls for tech backup to fight the ultra sophisticated attack vector of......emailing editors!?!!?

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

ArbCom calls for tech backup to fight the ultra sophisticated attack vector of......emailing editors!?!!?

Post by ChaosMeRee » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:10 pm

This is beyond ridiculous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... Canvassing
Since at least October 2023, there has been an ongoing effort by one or more banned editors to canvass discussions within the Israel-Palestine topic area and asking for proxy edits to promote a pro-Israel point of view......The Arbitration Committee asks the Wikimedia Foundation for assistance creating technical measures to prevent the ongoing abuse.
The hilarious part?

They sent up this giant red flare, without actually having a clue what these measures might be, and thus whether they would even work.....
I imagine we'll have specific details in asks for the WMF. We brainstormed for a few minutes today on our monthly call with T&S, but will probably want to connect with the tech folks before making a specific ask. Best, KevinL (aka L235 · t · c) 00:17, 5 January 2024 (UTC)
It's amusing to think that they think there even is a magic piece of software that will help them in the incredibly difficult task of identifying canvassed editors in a sea of battlegrounding.

It does make it easier when they allegedly were all stupid enough to copy and paste exactly what the ring master told them to. If that's the thing they want magic software to detect, forgive me for laughing my ass off.

If not, if it's more sophisticated and likely comes in a box marked "NSA surplus", hopefully people repeatedly pressing ArbCom for precise details about this powerful new weapon will work, to assuage concerns, such as whether it will expose other assorted dirty little secrets (affairs, COI/UPE, Cullen's client list), will bring them much stress. Dirty little snoopers.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: ArbCom calls for tech backup to fight the ultra sophisticated attack vector of......emailing editors!?!!?

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:16 pm

Haha. When I first saw the title, I thought they were talking about me.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.