Are you "queerphobic"?

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Are you "queerphobic"?

Post by Kraken » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:39 pm

Unsurprisingly, the LGBT community on Wikipedia would like a piece of that sweet sweet NONAZIS / NOPEDOS action and get people with certain queerphobic beliefs banned from Wikipedia without ever making an edit. Just say what you believe, get hauled before a Thought Crime Tribunal, and get shit canned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:No_queerphobes

A lot of it is reasonable. Some of it suffers from the distinctly American problem of not knowing the difference between a reasonable right wing opinion and something you might hear at a MAGA rally.

I think Wikipedia is truly fucked. I think the woke elements are going to absolutely destroy it from within, in the grand tradition of any movement that starts out as a mainstream left wing project, but over time, with the only means of advancement being evident virtue, rejects those who are insufficiently devout.

I mean for fuck's sake, it isn't even remotely controversial to say transgender rights are currently in conflict with feminism. It isn't remotely controversial to say legal methods of gender recognition are in flux. It isn't remotely controversial to say medical transition is potentially unsafe for children. Most of all, and I can't stress this enough, it isn't remotely uncontroversial to say deliberately misgendering a trans person is a hostile act (i.e. a hate crime).

An actual democratic socially progressive western European country's left wing government just collapsed in part because these are controversial issues. Scotland's entire independence movement has just been fucked in the ass by the woke agenda. That's how controversial this shit is.

The Golden Rule applies. If people would rather vote for Trump than the shit you're shovelling, you might just be the crazy person.

It is the people denying these basic and obvious realities of the world today, who are deluded enough to be seen as WP:FRINGE, and should be shown the door at Wikipedia the moment they open their dumb mouths.

But they won't, because, and you may have heard this suggested in the media before......

WIKIPEDIA HAS A LEFT WING AMERICAN-CENTRIC SEXIST BIAS

Wikipedia arguably doesn't even know what concerns straight white biologically female women not living in San Francisco, because there may not be a single one on there.

gnngl
Sucks

Re: Are you "queerphobic"?

Post by gnngl » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:59 pm

Kraken wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:39 pm
Wikipedia arguably doesn't even know what concerns straight white biologically female women not living in San Francisco, because there may not be a single one on there.
:?: :shrug:

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:33 pm

Wikipediocracy unsurprisingly 100% behind it.

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 42&t=13512

Woke as fuck. Further left than batshit Maher. In opposition to entire Western European PROGRESSIVE nations (Scotland!).

In total opposition to the elected right wing government of the UK, and the left wing government likely to replace it. The UK supposedly Wikipedia's second biggest source of editors.

Stick your hate crimes up your ass you deluded fucks.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:54 pm

Kraken wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:33 pm
Wikipediocracy unsurprisingly 100% behind it.
https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 42&t=13512
Idiots as usual, and WP remains full of sadistic twats screaming DO NOT DO THIS OR THAT instead of what people CAN do....
Woke as fuck. Further left than batshit Maher. In opposition to entire Western European PROGRESSIVE nations (Scotland!).
whine whine
The UK supposedly Wikipedia's second biggest source of editors.
Where'd you get that factoid? Probably true but I've never seen them attempt to quantify it "officially".
Stick your hate crimes up your ass you deluded fucks.
THAT'S NOT GAY AT ALL
Last edited by ericbarbour on Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:22 pm

That thread is woke central.
Jake The Sellout wrote:There are photos of him around too, but I think we'd prefer to avoid getting into all that (and the attendant thread-derailment) for what is, for good or ill, a somewhat "mainstream" conservative position on the subject, assuming there still is such a thing.
Only a woke as fuck American would think "orthodox Christian" viewpoints are the "mainstream conservative" position on gender issues.

The British Prime Minister is a Hindu. He expressed the views of the majority of the British people (Britain now being majority atheist) when he said.....
People should not be criminalised for stating simple facts on biology. We believe in free speech in this country, and Conservatives will always protect it.
You're the fringe in this debate. You don't see it, because normal people don't see the sense in getting involved with Wikipedia (or Wikipediocracy) when fringe viewpoints have already been adopted as uncontroversial matters of behavioural policy in your echo chambers.

Snowflake central. Too scared of reality to let Kraken share the pond. No matter.

The Kraken has all the seas.

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:38 pm

I would be interested to read WP:Homophobes are not as bad as Nazis, just out curiosity as to what the arguments were. Someday I might turn WP:Hate is constructive blue, or maybe Category:Paternalistic, moralizing essays. Levivich (talk) 20:25, 30 April 2024 (UTC)
I would be interested to know what happens if a lesbian editor posted on their user page that they do not think trans women can be real lesbians.

Which of you homophobic bastards is going to cancel her from Wikipedia for hatespeech?

Kraken
Sucks Fan

Post by Kraken » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:54 pm

The thought suddenly occurred to me.

Is there such a thing as a lesbian TERF?

And if so, would such a thing on Wikipedia look a little bit like a Jess Wade right now? Just head down and getting on with the job.....

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Wed May 01, 2024 12:07 am

Kraken wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:54 pm
And if so, would such a thing on Wikipedia look a little bit like a Jess Wade right now? Just head down and getting on with the job.....
I might put on a dress for that. Perky is always a plus.

You're right that this is really about trans not gay excuse me "queer".

Philomath
Sucks

Post by Philomath » Wed May 01, 2024 3:11 am

Good post man. You've identified one of the core problems with Wikipedia. One of the main contributors to political bias on Wikipedia is the fact that there is almost no ideological diversity among Wikipedia editors. That is particularly evident in topics related to sexuality and gender.

I think the ex-CEO of the WMF said in a lecture that LGBTQ people are under-represented on Wikipedia. I suspect that the opposite is the case. If LGBTQ people were not overrepresented on Wikipedia, an essay like "No queerphobia" would never have been published there in the first place.

The conversation on the essay's talk page is sort of interesting, too. Thanks for sharing.

boredbird
Sucks Mod

Post by boredbird » Wed May 01, 2024 4:04 am

Worth noting here that the author of this "essay", User:Your Friendly Neighborhood Sociologist, is the disturbed individual formerly known as The Tranarchist, who had been "community banned" from gender and sexuality related articles.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Sociologist wrote: I'm Your Friendly Neighborhood Sociologist, formerly known as TheTranarchist (an admittedly lazy portmanteau of trans and anarchist I chose when I joined this site at 18). I'm one of those scary trans youth (now 20, I transitioned at 16 after years of closeting) the media tells you don't really exist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... &limit=100
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1185741205
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... ociologist
Your Friendly Neighborhood Sociologist wrote: This user is an anarchist.
This user is a trans woman.
This user is a True Trans Soul Rebel and Glad to Be Gay!
This User is Queer/Lesbian and considers gay to be a compliment.
This user is a software engineer and sociologist.
I think that last bit means a programmer with strongly held opinions. Just what Wikipedia needed.

By his own admission he joined Wikipedia to push his depraved POV.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Sociologist wrote: I joined Wikipedia as an editor after realizing just how many articles on trans topics were woefully out of date. Specifically, I saw Conversion therapy made no references to transgender people since the sourcing was decades out of date. It is vital the information we provide is accurate. Trans children are not a modern invention and deserve care and support. So, I strive to document our histories and our elders' organized struggle for a better world. And the history and present of the organized hate campaigns operating against us.
Count on it pal.
Last edited by boredbird on Wed May 01, 2024 4:10 am, edited 3 times in total.