A whole nother kettle of fish

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

A whole nother kettle of fish

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:00 am

And again Jimbotalk

It is not clear to me what is meant with a whole nother kettle of fish.

But OK, ok De Graaf was curious, because he read on Jimbotalk "Protests in the 21st century" "political protests in the 21st century""Anti-government_protests_in_the_21st_century" "The future of the internet depends on it", etc.
Well, well, this must be headline breaking news. So l had a look around in the European newspapers. Some fact checking you know.

Well, there where a million English in the street. Agains the Brexit, I could find this back in every newspaper and every headline. One million English in the streets London.

But now about that "Anti-government_protests_in_the_21st_century"
Well my friends, the last article13/17 protest where not in the headlines, no. The English absolute did a better job with there million protesters. After a long search I found this article and this. According the German police 40.000 people where on the street. And I read our own Dutch Frans Timmermans has entered the arena. (First Vice-President of the European Commission and European Commissioner)

Well, lets see in complete Europa with 500 million inhabiters how many Pirate protesters there where, and in England with 55 million inhabiters. The anti-Brexit English had 1.000.000 people in the street, and let's give the pirates the benefit of the doubt 50.000. But in Holland with 17 million inhabiters was a while ago this demonstration what had about the same numbers as our pirates. 40.000.

In short, it's Jimbotalk political bla bla as usual on Jimmy's political pirate promo page. Cows poop to keep it gender neutral. By the way, speaking of gender I really wonder who that EllenCT the horse lover is who is writing constant activistic horse shit.

But what means a whole nother kettle of fish? Because that is still complete unclear to me.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Re: A whole nother kettle of fish

Post by sashi » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:44 pm

a 'noth er is stressed on the second syllable, when "whole" is infixed, it becomes: a 'whole 'nother (at least in some Midwestern US dialects). I'd say it means more or less "that's another mess entirely."

Speaking of messes, watching the !vote over the French blackout! / banner attack! has been amusing. Not sure they're going to get the requisite 75% to indefinitely blackout fr.wp, but they might, you never know. :twisted: It may be like an ebay auction with lots of last minute action.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: A whole nother kettle of fish

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Yeh, but there is something going on. And we all know Wikipedia and the Pirate Party are sleeping in the same bed.

(English) Leading German MEP Claims Copyright Protesters are Bought: Here are the TWELVE People He’s Talking About.

https://medium.com/@emanuelkarlsten/ger ... 836be3056e

or have a look here:

https://twitter.com/caspary/status/1109775767892836353

Daniel Caspary, CDU/CSU MEP wrote:Um eines klarzustellen: nie habe ich gesagt, alle Demonstranten seien gekauft.

Not all demonstrateurs are bought.

But isn't it strange a party I can't even vote for our senate or the European elections is claiming such big role in this debat? Because in both elections they are not even registered. They are not on the voting list in both elections.

A typecal Dutch election campain.