Discord

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Kumioko has been limited to 5 posts by Juicebeetle

Post by CrowsNest » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:57 pm

Anyone wrote:Clearly, TDA is a serious Wikipedia critic. And you are not.
So you've said before. What are you actually basing this on through? I'm pretty certain my publishing deal here is the same as TDA gets from Breitbart, only I get to publish what I want, when I want. Not sure where you get "reasonably academic" from. I do everything here - long form, short bulletins, single issue, general theme, insider analysis, explainers. You name it, I've done it.

I told you what Medium is, you ignored me. Why? Maybe getting Breitbart to publish your work is a good thing, then again maybe it isn't. Maybe he's having to make sacrifices I wouldn't make, then again maybe he isn't. Maybe he sees advantages in it that I haven't, then again maybe he doesn't. My vague recollection is he's said he's holding his nose because he thinks the wider reach is worth the negative connotations.

Since he has never really engaged with me, and now apparently seems content to act like I'm some kind of mug rather than his equal (at minimum), it's rather pointless speculating why does what he does at all. Same goes for you I think.
Anyone wrote:Finally, I think Dysklever has done remarkably well to recruit TDA.
I'm guessing he didn't need to do anything. When Auggie pressed self-destruct there were only three venues left, and TDA doesn't care for the people on two of them. You can do the math, right?

Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:49 am

CrowsNest wrote:
Anyone wrote:Finally, I think Dysklever has done remarkably well to recruit TDA.
I'm guessing he didn't need to do anything. When Auggie pressed self-destruct there were only three venues left, and TDA doesn't care for the people on two of them. You can do the math, right?

TDA was there long before WikiRev got closed, he doesn't say a lot other than n connection to his articles but then what do you expect I guess. :roll:

Abd
Sucks Warrior

Re: Discord

Post by Abd » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:03 am

That Wikipediocracy Discord server is truly remarkable. I was invited there by Dysklyver. So we have someone considered a bete noir on RationalWiki, i.e., me, together with two RatWiki techs, TDA, whose politics sucks (my opinion) -- but he's smart and knowledgeable -- and other assorted and often interesting peeps, and most of us are able to be civil with each other, most of the time. Graaf Statler is tolerated, Kumioko is still standing there, is actually a Mod, so far, though he may be on the edge, and I find enough content there to pay attention to the server, to look at all traffic. It is not overwhelming like some Discord servers.

If Michael Coombs had been able to understand what civil discussion in the presence of disagreement looks like, if Oliver D. Smith had been the same, they would not have been banned; they were not banned for their opinions, but for major social error.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:10 am

CrowsNest wrote:
Anyone wrote:Clearly, TDA is a serious Wikipedia critic. And you are not.
So you've said before. What are you actually basing this on through? I'm pretty certain my publishing deal here is the same as TDA gets from Breitbart, only I get to publish what I want, when I want. Not sure where you get "reasonably academic" from. I do everything here - long form, short bulletins, single issue, general theme, insider analysis, explainers. You name it, I've done it.

I told you what Medium is, you ignored me. Why? Maybe getting Breitbart to publish your work is a good thing, then again maybe it isn't. Maybe he's having to make sacrifices I wouldn't make, then again maybe he isn't. Maybe he sees advantages in it that I haven't, then again maybe he doesn't. My vague recollection is he's said he's holding his nose because he thinks the wider reach is worth the negative connotations.

Since he has never really engaged with me, and now apparently seems content to act like I'm some kind of mug rather than his equal (at minimum), it's rather pointless speculating why does what he does at all. Same goes for you I think.

RE: I'm pretty certain my publishing deal here is the same as TDA gets from Breitbart

And with that comment, I just about give up. You really don't get this at all. Do you honestly believe that posting anonymous tripe on backwater forums constitutes a "publishing deal". Ever heard of clients? Ever heard of editorial input and/or control? Ever heard of contracts and remuneration?

Raise your game. Use Medium to host your portfolio. Prove to reputable online magazines and newspapers that you've got what it takes. If you do it properly, you too will be considered a serious critic. And good luck to you, too.

But right now -- whether you like it or not -- you're just a Forum Boy. Compared to the mighty TDA, you're a minnow.
Last edited by Anyone on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:06 am

But what about glooming children, helping militairs with there articles and these guys helping you Kum?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:07 am

Abd wrote:That Wikipediocracy Discord server is truly remarkable. I was invited there by Dysklyver. So we have someone considered a bete noir on RationalWiki, i.e., me, together with two RatWiki techs, TDA, whose politics sucks (my opinion) -- but he's smart and knowledgeable -- and other assorted and often interesting peeps, and most of us are able to be civil with each other, most of the time. Graaf Statler is tolerated, Kumioko is still standing there, is actually a Mod, so far, though he may be on the edge, and I find enough content there to pay attention to the server, to look at all traffic. It is not overwhelming like some Discord servers.

If Michael Coombs had been able to understand what civil discussion in the presence of disagreement looks like, if Oliver D. Smith had been the same, they would not have been banned; they were not banned for their opinions, but for major social error.

Yeh, and you thought, well lets make a nice troll plan there, infiltrate in Sucks, and fuck the complete place, isn't it Abd? Still wonder why you and Kum are global banned?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:49 am

Abd wrote:Graaf Statler is tolerated

Sorry, the visting hour was over, so I have left your cosy mental hospital with Abt sitting in a three house making troll plans together with the rest of the patients. The night sister has given me the secret code of the door to leave the place and promised me to taken good care of all of you.

(It should be great if Any made a animation of this ultimate madhouse called Discord with all that three house in a boy scout camp setting. :mrgreen: )

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:11 am

Anyone wrote:Ever heard of clients? Ever heard of editorial input and/or control? Ever heard of contracts and remuneration?
Have you? You've me one good reason to think TDA has any of that at Breitbart? As far as I can tell, there's no difference between his relationship with them and mine with this place, accept that he has to live with the fact he can't post immediately and sometimes they'll simply reject a submission. And accept it he seems to do, as the price to pay for their larger reach.

I don't know why you persist along this path that somehow, the life and times, and ways and means, of a critic like TDA, is a mystery to me. I know this shit, because it's my business to know. That's the difference between why I'm here, and why you're here.

I've forensically reviewed many of his Breithart articles myself, so I have a pretty good idea he's not being controlled editorially in the sense you probably meant, as in "reasonably academic" (that you flew right past that point is noted - academic scrutiny in action). If anything, he might be being steered, consciously or subconsciously, to alter his content.

I'll repeat, because you blew right past that too, the quality of my work posted here, stacks up against any perception of quality you want to attribute to his "published" body of work. It can be disputed or even wholly rejected only for the reasons people might dispute his work for Breitbart. There is a crucial difference however. Wikipedians don't have the stick to beat me with that they have due to his choice of publisher. They have to address my work on the merits alone, or not at all, so no surprise they choose the latter, really.

Take a look at what he has managed to get published on Breitbart, as seen in your list. I have a hard time believing that reflects his true areas of interest as a Wikipedia critic. Far easier to believe he's made peace with the fact that if he wants to write a piece for them on, say, Framgate, he's gonna need to write two or three pieces that more overtly play to their audience to do it. Me, I can write what I want, nobody can point to a piece I've done here and say, ha! you only wrote that because Sucks! wants you to. For all the issues I'm having right now with how this place is being mismanaged, being told what I should and should and should not write about, and so by extension what I can and cannot be seen to be possessing as a critical philosophy, is not one of them. My work is my own, my philosophy clear and uncompromised.

My pieces on Framgate have been well received by those who don't have a vested interest in decrying it as crank nonsense (the asshole hemegony of Wikipedia for whom the truth of Framgate can never be acknowledged). His piece was easily dismissed not only by those who need to reject it, need to declare it as the heresy of an unperson even, but also by those outside Wikipedia who have the liberty of accepting those parts they do agree with, but can't or won't because of his choices in how he got it out there, both his choice of publisher and his choice of words, which rather made it clear why he was writing the piece.

Shit, the fact he has to admit in his byline that he too is ArbCom banned and disputes it for the same reasons Fram claims he got an unfair trial, is an easy out for anyone not minded to get into the weeds. And getting into the weeds is certainly what you have to do if you're gonna read one of his pieces. Why bother, when my piece laid out the bare facts for the uninitiated, the who, what, where, when and why, and nobody can accuse me of having been guided by bias or an attempt to lead the reader to an unsupported conclusion, because all such accusations inevitably turn out to be unproven, the butthurt whinings of asshole Wikipedians and their Wikipediocracy cousins.

You name it, and people all across the critic space from all different venues, have admitted, often begrudgingly, that my work is pretty darn good. My critics are usually marked by personal grievance, people jealous of my abilities and my freedoms. I directly challenge them to find a flaw in my work, to make an actual case I screwed up, and it never happens. All you get is generic nonsense, the sort of mindless rubbish that is easily dismissed. All this is because I apply my own editorial standards, and I have sufficient background and training to be able to do it.

If you don't really know what the guy does or why he does it, if you're only speculating on his situation at Breitbart, and even then on the rather foolish basis that Breitbart is somehow a publisher of repute, how far do you think you're gonna get with telling me what's what?

If you knew anything about me, you'd know the reason I choose not to run my own blog or reach out to publishers. I've been offered many opportunities by people in the critic space who recognise the quality of my work, but for one reason or another, usually because it would involve compromising my editorial standards to agree to their terms, I've politely declined all offers. Posting on a place like this, until the current difficulties, has always served my strategic goals as a serious critic. You can disagree, but I don't think you've been involved in this stuff nearly enough to really tell other people what works and what doesn't.

If TDA were ever to let it be known he considers his situation as superior to the point he'd actually refer to me as "pond life" in comparison, a boy to his mighty Collosus, well, it's a mistake he'd be regretting for the rest of his days, as many others have done, to this day. Just because these places are largely unregulated, doesn't mean you can't pay a high price for letting your mouth write cheques your work can't cash. You ask Vigilant, does he regret treating me like some punk ass bitch now? Does he want to go back and choose not to utter fighting words in my direction, to think before he speaks? Do you?

If TDA had listened to me way back when, his greatest achievement to date would have been breaking the one story he wants so desperately to break. He thought he had a different way. And as good as it is that he's got stuff out there, he's not done what he set out to achieve, and so I measure him by that standard.

I am fortunate enough to have seen enough fruit from my labours that even if it ends now due to the current crisis in mismanagement of my current platform, it will have been worth it, and nobody will be able to make the case otherwise, without of course having made the mistake of not paying attention to what I've said about what is achievable in this field and how you measure success, particularly as a pseudonymous writer.

You don't need luck in this game to be seen to be a winner. You 'gotta do the hard yards. You gotta smash who needs to be smashed, right in their goddamned shit talkin' mouths. You gotta be relentless, vicious, uncompromising. But you also gotta have a Code. Be capable of inspiring other people to Great things. Whiny little bitches, pacifists, collaborators and cowards, they're not your Brothers. They don't share your goals, don't deserve your collective rewards in the future to come. They belong to the Never Never.

You gotta be the Autumn Wind. You gotta be a Raider.

A baby killing village burning crop stealing Raider. A true 76'er.

Someone who fucks Timmy's Cowboys right in the ass, and make no mistake!

Knock on wood if you're with me.

HTD.

:twisted:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:39 am

Dysklyver wrote:
CrowsNest wrote:

TDA was there long before WikiRev got closed, he doesn't say a lot other than n connection to his articles but then what do you expect I guess. :roll:
Well I'm getting told all sorts of shit about this Disco Wiki that sounds suspect, but that I as an outsider can't verify.

That is exactly what I would expect from such a set up. Secrets and lies.

This is probably a great time to remind everyone of my long standing position from days gone past, that my preferred forum set up is to have no private areas at all, and it would have been perfect for this place given its benefits. But I was ignored by those who had the power to bring my vision to reality, and I chose to live with that decision because contrary to popular opinion, I don't own or run this site.

Anything here that readers can't see but might want to therefore, is not through my choice. This is in contrast to Wikipediocracy, where every single one of the devious bastards is down with their QUICK, HIDE THE DIRT, THE PEOPLE ARE LOOKING, policy, to the point they'll even claim it's for the benefit of those they're gossiping about like a bunch of fish wives.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:44 am

Crow wrote:If you knew anything about me, you'd know the reason I choose not to run my own blog or reach out to publishers. I've been offered many opportunities by people in the critic space who recognise the quality of my work, but for one reason or another, usually because it would involve compromising my editorial standards to agree to their terms, I've politely declined all offers. Posting on a place like this, until the current difficulties, has always served my strategic goals as a serious critic. You can disagree, but I don't think you've been involved in this stuff nearly enough to really tell other people what works and what doesn't.

I don't even have the slightest idea who you are, but for me it is crystal clear you are extreem good informed about the "real Wikipedia". You criticism is of a amazing high level.

Claims as if you not know where you are talking about or you should block this forum for other users are complet insane. Just like the complete Timmy/Abd/Sweety invasion we have had the past time.

Also the claim you should attack anyone and anything is simple not true, you have never attack Guido or me. You have only attacked lying and trolling shitheads who where thinking to find people here who are as stupide as they are themself.