Discord

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Re: Kumioko has been limited to 5 posts by Juicebeetle

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:09 pm

CrowsNest wrote:Well I'm getting told all sorts of shit about this Disco Wiki that sounds suspect, but that I as an outsider can't verify.

That is exactly what I would expect from such a set up. Secrets and lies.

This is probably a great time to remind everyone of my long standing position from days gone past, that my preferred forum set up is to have no private areas at all, and it would have been perfect for this place given its benefits. But I was ignored by those who had the power to bring my vision to reality, and I chose to live with that decision because contrary to popular opinion, I don't own or run this site.

Anything here that readers can't see but might want to therefore, is not through my choice. This is in contrast to Wikipediocracy, where every single one of the devious bastards is down with their QUICK, HIDE THE DIRT, THE PEOPLE ARE LOOKING, policy, to the point they'll even claim it's for the benefit of those they're gossiping about like a bunch of fish wives.

Yeah I mean to be clear the Discord is not, and was never intended to be, a forum like this, or like WPO, or like WikiRev and those other defunct sites.

It's entirely private, with various levels of access, the content is not indexed by any search engine and it can only be accessed via Discords propriety app/web-app.

Anyhow it's a place to talk, not so much a place to publish work, and everyone there including me has other places to actually publish stuff for the public.

It's also right next to the Wikipedia Discord cabal server, which was started by Kumioko, and was a major inspiration for me making it, so if you do end up on Discord check that out too.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Re: Kumioko has been limited to 5 posts by Juicebeetle

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Yup, basically everything I believe Discord is, is as you're describing, and the stuff being said by people here about how it's the place to go if you're too traumatized by my reign of terror and are looking for a well run platform to do useful criticism, are talking out of their backsides.

It is, amongst other useful stuff I'm sure, just a great place to bitch and moan about how mean I am, without ever having to face the consequences that befall anyone who talks smack about me in a place I can talk back.

If the only attraction is me being able to righteously pound a few folks who need it, contrary to the Kumioko mythology, it does not appeal, I got better shit to do with my time, especially when nobody else who reads my stuff can see that shit.
Dysklyver wrote:It's also right next to the Wikipedia Discord cabal server, which was started by Kumioko, and was a major inspiration for me making it, so if you do end up on Discord check that out too.
Oh man, how great would it be to reach Level Four on that banana boat (that the best level, right?). Kumioko would lose his damn mind. Could properly spiral him.

And it just so happens I'm looking for new hobbies right now!

Would it really destroy him if I took away everything he holds dear, simply by being better at pretending to be a Wikipedian then he ever was?

I think I might have to consult a priest before I do this! Get ethical approval and whatnot. The Church has always given me approval before though. Don't like those false prophets at all, that lot.

What about you pagans down there in tin country? Got a special dance you can do, to sanctify my quest?

:lol:

What does the Princess say?

:side eye:

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Discord

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:41 pm

Be fair, Dysk. Of course it is not a normal place to talk with Abd sitting as the chief in command in his tree house and for the rest a bunch of Kum socks like Aron/Sweety who was fucking the place here complete

And Princess is absolute adorable, but what for the hell have we to do here with her radical visions? Did anyone of us asked for it? Or for Abd's IQ 200+ visions?

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:12 pm

I have a dim memory of a woman editor who had a barnstorming exit from Wikipedia, a defiant demolition of their sacred cows. I quite admired that woman, and spoke supportively of her methods and views, hoping she would become a brilliant critic. Indeed she arguably already was, just without a base of operations.

Then I recall she said something pretty outrageous about me, perhaps on Wikipediocracy, based on either a gross distortion or just general ignorance of my work, and I filed it away in my brain as a disappointing example of the lack of care in some critics, who seem all too ready to bite the hand that could have been extended in brotherhood. But it wasn't not to get worked up about because it didn't after all look like she wanted any part of the critic forums. It isn't Alison btw, for anyone who remembers that issue.

A coup is what it looks like. If she is the woman I'm thinking of, it sounds like she now is interested in forums, and is eyeing this one for a takeover, and has either exploited the naivety of, or indeed is in league with, Juice, to achieve it. Well, if so, they're welcome to it. As Abd says, there are some things only an owner/Aministrator can combat, and it doesn't sound like they're all too interested in who is here or why. If not, well, what can I say. People who move in the shadows and plot against people who have never heard of them, can expect to be mistrusted until they reveal themselves and their motives.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:55 am

Who's blocked whom

Today I blocked Princess Emblyn [ie, Dysklever's sister]. I followed Abd's advice and notified her.

I know Abd has blocked Graaf, but I get the feeling he may have unblocked Kumioko.

How about you? Who have you blocked, and who do you plan on blocking next?

Exciting times, huh?

Leveling up

How do you go up a level? And what's the difference between levels 2 and 3?

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:06 am

Anyone wrote:Who's blocked whom
Leveling up

I have the Graaf and Kumioko on block in disco. It's just too much.
Kumioko was really insulting and frustrating a few days ago, but it's more bearable now.

I read them, when I have the time:
Graaf to learn to understand what's going on in there.
Kumioko to see if he asked me to unblock him, or to forward that request to the psyops.

Leveling up: by posting. I haven't counted though, how many posts a level takes.
It seemed to me I've got access to the level 2 and 3 discussions, when I reached that level.
This functionality is done with the bots, and by the specific server setup Dysklever (I guess) created.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:16 am

JuiceBeetle wrote:
Anyone wrote:Who's blocked whom
Leveling up

I have the Graaf and Kumioko on block in disco. It's just too much.
Kumioko was really insulting and frustrating a few days ago, but it's more bearable now.

I read them, when I have the time:
Graaf to learn to understand what's going on in there.
Kumioko to see if he asked me to unblock him, or to forward that request to the psyops.

Seems to me that Kumioko is ready to come back. He's done some good work in the General section.

So what does level 3 offer that level 2 doesn't?

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:26 am

Anyone wrote:So what does level 3 offer that level 2 doesn't?

That's where the elite discusses the future of the world.

Anyone
Sucks Critic

Post by Anyone » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:02 am

JuiceBeetle wrote:
Anyone wrote:So what does level 3 offer that level 2 doesn't?

That's where the elite discusses the future of the world.

Awesome post, bro.

And good to know the fate of our planet is in safe hands.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:50 am

Ah! I am on Moderator 4 level back! But what are you telling me now, JuiceBeetle. Are Abd in his tree house and Kum saving the world? Fascinating!
With cold fusion? :roll: