Wikipedia's hypocrisy: “…anyone can freely edit…” – Yeah, right!…

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
CMAwatch
Sucks Critic

Wikipedia's hypocrisy: “…anyone can freely edit…” – Yeah, right!…

Post by CMAwatch » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:30 pm

Look at the Twitter profile of @WikiMedia:
We're the nonprofit that hosts @Wikipedia, working to create a world where every human can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. Join the movement.
How is one supposed to join if the administrators kick one out without recourse?
Bbb23 abusively removes talk page accesses and screams “trolling!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: each time he sees something he does not quite like.

And @Wikipedia:
Imagine a world in which everyone can freely share in the sum of all knowledge. That's our commitment.
Apparently not committed enough to take action against evidently abusive and hostile administrators!
#BbbGate
Weaponizing WP:G5
Oops! Didn't think we'd see? It's right there on WikipediaSucks.co!
ericbarbour wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:22 am
[Wikipedia is] a stupid video game, and the "encyclopedia" is an accidental byproduct.

Panoramatic
Sucks Noob

Re: Wikipedia's hyopcrisy: “…anyone can freely edit…” – Yeah, right!…

Post by Panoramatic » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:53 pm

need correction: knowledge approved by us
censorship, authoritarian website

Minecrafter0271
Sucks Noob

Re: Wikipedia's hypocrisy: “…anyone can freely edit…” – Yeah, right!…

Post by Minecrafter0271 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:55 pm

My experience with DeltaQuad did it for me. She kept saying that I was "trolling," and that I "was only there to troll the encyclopedia." Well, I guess all my mainspace edits and my !votes on AfDs and RfAs don't mean anything to her. I called her out, next thing I know Oshawa blocks me from my own fucking talk page, citing "abuse." Also, WP:FREE literally says that Wikipedia is a dictatorship and that anyone has the right to censor us (it doesn't explicitly say that, however it is pretty obvious what they are trying to push forward). I honestly don't know how these administrators can sleep at night knowing how hypocritical they are.

JuiceBeetle
Sucks Warrior

Post by JuiceBeetle » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:35 am

Minecrafter0271 wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:55 pm
My experience with DeltaQuad did it for me. She kept saying that I was "trolling," and that I "was only there to troll the encyclopedia." Well, I guess all my mainspace edits and my !votes on AfDs and RfAs don't mean anything to her. I called her out, next thing I know Oshawa blocks me from my own fucking talk page, citing "abuse." Also, WP:FREE literally says that Wikipedia is a dictatorship and that anyone has the right to censor us (it doesn't explicitly say that, however it is pretty obvious what they are trying to push forward). I honestly don't know how these administrators can sleep at night knowing how hypocritical they are.
Standard play from admins who want to win an argument: calling the OP a troll / "not here to make an encyclopedia". Not just pretense, it's a theater.

And they sleep well, adminship is a well-paying job. It's fundamental to understanding Wikipedia is to know that the purpose is not the openness and "sum of all knowledge" bullshit, that's just the facade. The primary motivating factor and what makes this feasible is the paid editing society behind it, with the most high-ranking admins being on the top of the food chain. Ever wondered how they spend 8*7 hours a week on wikipedia AND have a job AND a family? Well, by making WP editing their job. Volunteers are there only as a distraction and to fill in the gaps. You want to be a brick in the wall? No can do, that place is taken.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:00 am

JuiceBeetle wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:35 am
Ever wondered how they spend 8*7 hours a week on wikipedia AND have a job AND a family? Well, by making WP editing their job. Volunteers are there only as a distraction and to fill in the gaps. You want to be a brick in the wall? No can do, that place is taken.
True. But who who has a good position or even has his own firm want such a job? No one.
So you get for this work all kind of drop outs who do anything to get the status they never could get in the real society. And who are complete loyal to the complete rotten wiki system with all it's system errors where this is one of.

And about that "sum of all knowledge" bullshit. Jimmy has relaivated that later to the summery, definitely not the sum.
But WMNL I have read yesterday insist "sum" is *een geheel*, a whole, so everything. I have noticed together with Whaledad this misinterpretation of mission statement already in 2016 as explained in the wiki treehouse.

For volunteers and special if they are capable is no place in the die hard wiki family, they are trolled out because this perverse system with it's perverse money streams.
They are a treat for the army of people with a social benefit, a overplayed chapter bullshit job, and all the other social losers who had found a new goal in there life.
Yeh, that is wikipedia. The cancer called wikipedia, a gift of the devil himself. A monster what eats you, because in this way if you accept one of the wiki sweets you get locked up in a nightmare, you get locked up in a Hotel in California.

Because a other thing is as I have seen it is a self destroying system. It's a pyramide schema what crash at the end, and that wiki what is build up with so much money appeared to be a digital dust tin.

And then..... the nightmare start.......
Last edited by Graaf Statler on Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Minecrafter0271
Sucks Noob

Post by Minecrafter0271 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:11 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:00 am
JuiceBeetle wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:35 am
Ever wondered how they spend 8*7 hours a week on wikipedia AND have a job AND a family? Well, by making WP editing their job. Volunteers are there only as a distraction and to fill in the gaps. You want to be a brick in the wall? No can do, that place is taken.
True. But who who has a good position or even has his own firm want such a job? No one.
So you get for this work all kind of drop outs who do anything to get the status they never could get in the real society. And who are complete loyal to the complete rotten wiki system with all it's system errors where this is one of.

And about that "sum of all knowledge" bullshit. Jimmy has relaivated that later to the summery, definitely not the sum.
But WMNL I have read yesterday insist "sum" is *een geheel*, a whole, so everything. I have noticed together with Whaledad this misinterpretation of mission statement already in 2016 as explained in the wiki treehouse.

For volunteers and special if they are capable is no place in the die hard wiki family, they are trolled out because this perverse system with it's perverse money streams.
They are a treat for the army of people with a social benefit, a overplayed chapter bullshit job, and all the other social losers who had found a new goal in there life.
Yeh, that is wikipedia. The cancer called wikipedia, a gift of the devil himself. A monster what eats you, because in this way if you accept one of the wiki sweets you get locked up in a nightmare, you get locked up in a Hotel in California.

Because a other thing is as I have seen it is a self destroying system. It's a pyramide schema what crash at the end, and that wiki what is build up with so much money appeared to be a digital dust tin.

And then..... the nightmare start.......
I never thought of it that way. I was just editing Wikipedia in my free time. I am a student. And you're right about Wikipedia coming to a demise. If better admins don't step up, then Wikipedia is fucked.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:59 pm

I am from the Dutch WP, no compare with the bigger German and English WP of course, and I have seen this proces happen.
Good editors are replaced by data machines, who generate on a industrial scale wikishit. Eric called it a sausage factory, the wiki system needs constant more sausages to survive.

The data machines, often autistic guys because they like that stuf has to be protected against the not productive enough but better editors.
And there the perverted money streams come in the picture.
The data guys are happy with every meeting, trip, compliment, being sysop or even Arb or steward.

But!

Behind this wiki festival have caused the perverted money steam a complete wiki related industry in the chapter and even in the real society! With all kind of overpaid wiki jobs in and outside the chapter.

What happens. The relative good editors leave the house. So what is left?

The data guys and the wiki industry who must produce as many sausages as posible!
What happens? The dat guys take over the wiki, messs it complete up, troll anyone out they don't like with the full support of the chapter!. Because they have to keep the data boys happy.

But, that data boys are also not crazy, and start to put the chapter under pressure what has to do what they demand at the end!
And than you have the ultimate Hotel California situation.

The chapter has done all kind of things to please the data guys what was absolute complete amoral. And the wiki of course sink in the end as one big fire ball in the sea filled up with huge scandals.

And if that happen to one wiki only the lord knows what happens to other wiki's.

Or maybe not even.