A BOOK YOU SHOULD ALL BUY

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

A BOOK YOU SHOULD ALL BUY

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:24 pm

Got 3 copies myself, two to give to people I know. Currently only available on Amazon that I can find. It finally hit the market on June 12.

AT LAST, a book that openly criticizes Wikipedia, and lists dozens of reasons why. Self-published by the author. No doubt because no "established publishing firm" would touch it. Heavily footnoted so it will difficult to deny his allegations. (Not that it would stop the cult members from denying everything.) It contains considerable material about the pro-Israel house bias and other issues with Middle East related content, the Wiki-Bilim scandal, Minassian Media, examples of US government people editing content, WMF connections to other nonprofits with political agendas and corporations like Google, etc. It ain't "perfect" and Coles has his own biases; but I've NEVER seen a printed book full of hardcore Wikipedia critiques like this.
Coles_book.jpg
Coles_book.jpg (141.98 KiB) Viewed 761 times

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: A BOOK YOU SHOULD ALL BUY

Post by ericbarbour » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:39 am

oh and by the way: because Coles wrote about his book in Counterpunch last year, Poetguy posted it on Wikipediocracy. And snark about Coles being a "conspiracy nut" and a "chemtrails" fan was posted. Some of the comments in the book are the sort of things that conspiracy followers would gobble up, but Coles tends to document his statements carefully. And there's nothing in this book about "chemtrails". Not that it matters, the damn thing hadn't been printed yet, so the Pediocracy minions had nothing to attack but the Counterpunch item.

Bezdomni wanted to see the table of contents. Please feel free to snark at this. (In case you're wondering, Chapter 5 does talk about William Connelley and his editwarring, at some length.)
coles-book-TOC.jpg
coles-book-TOC.jpg (56.76 KiB) Viewed 747 times