Italian abuses and vendetta. Gitz6666 globally locked

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Italian abuses and vendetta. Gitz6666 globally locked

Post by Ognistysztorm » Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:51 am

https://wikipediocracy.com/forum/viewto ... 14&t=12990
On 9 June my account Gitz6666 (or simply "Gitz") was globally locked by Italian stewards Sakretsu and Vituzzu (block ID #543766). They hold me responsible for leaking the information that on 5 June led to the publication of this article in "Il Fatto Quotidiano" (Italian national press): https://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/in-edi ... o/7183125/. The article claims that Italian admin Hypergio works for the NATO Communication and Information Agency. As reported in "Il Fatto Quotidiano", on 23 May Hypergio indefinitely blocked my account on it.wiki for no reason at all other than editing the article on a vocal opponent of NATO's policy, Alessandro Orsini https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandr ... (saggista). Hypergio had a conflict of interest when he blocked me, which explains why he resigned from admin on 1 June https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php? ... twikipedia.
Funny that if the roles are reversed Wikipedia would've been treated as same as how Reddit is now.

RetroidHooman
Sucks

Re: Italian abuses and vendetta. Gitz6666 globally locked

Post by RetroidHooman » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:19 am

Was going to post this, but I've beaten to the punch.
Funny that if the roles are reversed Wikipedia would've been treated as same as how Reddit is now.
I think the only reason some sort of prominent protest hasn't happened is because:
A) Fewer people participate on Wikipedia than on social media platforms so there's fewer people who would be interested.

B) The public is completely insulated from the behind-the-scenes happenings of Wikipedia - pretty much no one actually bothers to
check the talk page or check page histories.

It's often said by people who do check talk pages and histories that doing so would make people much more skeptical of Wikipedia's info, and they couldn't be more correct. I understood why we were forbidden from citing it in school and had an intuitive understanding that you should be careful when reading info from a place "anyone can edit" (I know it's more complicated than that as this forum has documented), but actually checking out the backstage was still pretty redpilling.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:18 am

This all fits in with past stories about Italian Wikipedia and Wikimedia Italia. Corruption, stupidity, incompetence, madness on a level well above the "boring" WMF in San Francisco.

Oh and btw, yes, Vituzzu is a complete raving lunatic asshole and always has been. Confirmed.

Boink Boink
Sucks Fan

Post by Boink Boink » Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:04 am

No surprise to see Wikipedia and Wikipediocracy being in agreement as to what the real issue here is.

TELL US IF YOU SPOKE TO A JOURNALIST, YOU SCUMBAG!

Cult defending bastards.

No surprise that yet again my belief that the only way to correct a heavily biased article is to completely ignore the volunteers (who are at best, indifferent, at worst, corrupt), and instead head straight for the media exposure and legal route. It works.

There is of course absolutely no reason to assume it.wiki is any less robust than en.wiki. Just because the latter has INVOLVED, doesn't mean they respect it. Not when to do so would embarrass or even threaten en.wiki.