I have been officially banned by the WMF

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Kiko4564
Sucks

Re: I have been officially banned by the WMF

Post by Kiko4564 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:26 pm

Is that something to be proud of?

I have been globally banned, and am proud of it because I was being a thorn in their side:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Kiko4564
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special ... h/Kiko4564

This was my "Notice of Foundation global ban", which I recieved by email:

Dear Kiko4564,

This communication is to notify you that the Wikimedia Foundation (Foundation) has globally banned you from Foundation websites and platforms (including but not limited to any site listed at www.wikimedia.org, mailing lists hosted by the Foundation, Wikimedia Cloud Services, and the Wikimedia blog) as well as any in-person events sponsored or funded by the Foundation including any events hosted by Wikimedia Affiliates using funds from the Foundation.

You accordingly may not participate in, edit, contribute, or otherwise modify any content on those sites, platforms, or lists. This ban is placed against you personally, not against a particular username.It applies to any alternate accounts that you may control and any accounts you may create in the future. Furthermore, you may not participate as an anonymous user (“as an IP user”).

We understand that this communication may be surprising and difficult to read, and we regret the necessity. We are taking this action due to the concern of the safety of our users and the integrity of the projects, and in compliance with the WMF Global ban policy. Based on our review, we determined that you engaged in behavior that violates section 4 of our Terms of Use. We have received multiple credible complaints regarding abuse perpetrated since at least 2010, including threats of harm, intimidation on- and off-wiki, and other trolling which we feel on review requires this action.

As part of this process, your username will be listed as a globally banned user here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/List_of ... nned_users . Our normal practice is that only this account ban information will be made public while other information communicated to you in this notice will not be published elsewhere. If necessary for the defense of the Wikimedia Foundation, Wikimedia projects, Wikimedia users, or the public, the Foundation reserves the right to later publish this information.

Under some circumstances, you have the option to appeal with the Case Review Committee. You can read more about this process here: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Trust_a ... _Committee>. The role of the case review committee is to provide an opportunity for a second review by community members. If the case review committee does view your case as eligible, they have direct access to our investigation documentation for review. While we regret that we are unable to provide any evidence around this investigation beyond the information provided here, you have an opportunity to reach out to the case review committee if you wish for this type of review.

Sincerely,
Trust & Safety Team
Wikimedia Foundation
Last edited by Kiko4564 on Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ognistysztorm
Sucks Critic

Post by Ognistysztorm » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:39 pm

Kiko4564 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:26 pm
Is that something to be proud of?

I have been globally banned, and am proud of it because I was being a thorn in their side:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Kiko4564
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special ... h/Kiko4564
You need not to despair, as does others who're wrongly banned from the website. According to Jennsaurus, a groundbreaking story about Wikipedia abuses is due to be published spring next year, when she had rewired or edited it to reduce legal risks to an acceptable level. So-called "vandals, sockpuppets and trolls" will be de-stigmatized to a greater degree, since the story will literally turn the Internet and beyond as a whole against Wikipedia because it contains harrowing tales of abuses against women.
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kiko4564
Sucks

Post by Kiko4564 » Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:46 pm

Ognistysztorm wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:39 pm
You need not to despair, as does others who're wrongly banned from the website. According to Jennsaurus, a groundbreaking story about Wikipedia abuses is due to be published spring next year, when she had rewired or edited it to reduce legal risks to an acceptable level. So-called "vandals, sockpuppets and trolls" will be de-stigmatized to a greater degree, since the story will literally turn the Internet and beyond as a whole against Wikipedia because it contains harrowing tales of abuses against women.
That said I was rightfully blocked for vandalising, and operating multiple sockpuppets. This escalated into trolling and making threats of harm, which lead to my global ban.
Last edited by Bbb23sucks on Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WinterLugia
Sucks Noob

Post by WinterLugia » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:16 am

Sorry to hear about your ban, but the email you got is interesting, to see what they say in those kinds of notices.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:45 pm

Kiko4564 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:46 pm
That said I was rightfully blocked for vandalising, and operating multiple sockpuppets. This escalated into trolling and making threats of harm, which lead to my global ban.
Doesn't matter why. SAVE COPIES of all noticeboard rants and messages.

Bbb23Hater
Sucks

Post by Bbb23Hater » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:20 pm

Damn

FlyingEagle95
Sucks Noob

Post by FlyingEagle95 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:13 am

If you got banned for calling out corruption, then wear your ban like a badge of honor.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:50 am

FlyingEagle95 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:13 am
If you got banned for calling out corruption, then wear your ban like a badge of honor.
That's exactly what I was banned for (well not "officially", but there's a reason they banned me on that account and that time).
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.