2023 ArbCom election

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Re: 2023 ArbCom election

Post by Bbb23sucks » Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:36 pm

Last edited by ericbarbour on Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

gnngl
Sucks

Post by gnngl » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:24 am

Results are out. woo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... 23#Results

Everyone gets in except Wugapodes and Robert

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Dec 31, 2023 1:55 am

Yup, David Gerard's sockpuppet is now an arbitrator for two years. Whoo hoo. :shrug:

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:19 am

gnngl wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:24 am
Results are out. woo.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia ... 23#Results

Everyone gets in except Wugapodes and Robert
Basically what I thought, except that I didn't think that many candidates would get in. They must be really desperate. Just like with RfA, running human garbage Discord ADHD nerds like Red-tailed hawk and Tails Wx. It's not like it matter anyway - half of the will have disappeared or retired by the next election. HTD.

I wonder why Bbb23 hasn't run for ArbCom, maybe he will next year.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:40 am

Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:19 am
Just like with RfA, running human garbage Discord ADHD nerds like Red-tailed hawk and Tails Wx.
That has ALWAYS been the Wiki-Way. It was like that long before Discord existed, before Twitter or Facebook, going back to IRC channels as the "best way" for nerds to cooperate. Set up a society run by damaged nerds and you get nothing but more damaged nerds.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:56 am

ericbarbour wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:40 am
Bbb23sucks wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:19 am
Just like with RfA, running human garbage Discord ADHD nerds like Red-tailed hawk and Tails Wx.
That has ALWAYS been the Wiki-Way. It was like that long before Discord existed, before Twitter or Facebook, going back to IRC channels as the "best way" for nerds to cooperate. Set up a society run by damaged nerds and you get nothing but more damaged nerds.
Agree. But their standards have lowered even further lately. My full thoughts are more complicated, I'll write a post before.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:43 am

Former Arb Worm That Turned just resigned his sysop + crat: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ol ... op_for_WTT

ChaosMeRee
Sucker

Post by ChaosMeRee » Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:55 am

I intend this to be permanent, and should I wish admin / crat rights again, I will do so through the RfA / RfB processes
Oooof.

That's a kick in the nuts for wikiland.

He's done. Got sick of Team Asshole and found himself a life.

I don't think it is remotely a coincidence that one of his last official acts as an ex-arb was to be taken in by Beeblebrox's claims that he had been unfairly suspended as a result of a grand conspiracy.

Only to be told that this wasn't remotely the case, as Worm would have known had he been privy to the full facts as only an Arbitrator (and Beeblebrox) were.

With his usual grace, he apologized, and sympathised with the plight of people whose sad lot in life is to deal with people like Beeblebrox and his bullshit complaints and appeals. People who should know better and yet want to abuse the limited time of incredibly stressed volunteers, rather than let them handle matters with far more genuine merit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... 1187075423

I remember being thoroughly disappointed by Worm's comment. It was far below his usual high standards, and is indeed perhaps well explained by him having less time to devote to Wikipedia.

Beeblebrox does yet more damage to Wikipedia. Beeblebrox remains an Administrator. Beeblebrox and Wikipediocracy are as tight as ever, ensuring serious critics are never seen or heard.

This is why Wikipedia does not deserve nice things.

Wikipedia has just lost yet another nice thing. For good.

Now they have people on ArbCom who are barely out of Admin short trousers, in future likely having to deal with yet another civility case because people like Hemiauchenia saying things like "You have nothing valuable to contribute to this website, and I suggest you find something better to do with your life." is apparently OK.

That particularly little boy, as he messes around in the Wikipediocracy sandpit, has clearly been influenced by the likes of Beeblebrox, Black Kite, Boing!, Ritchie, and now the dark cloud that is Bishonen's approval. All theoretically people who are held to the required standards by ArbCom.

No wonder Worm was also a disappearing voice on Wikipediocracy too.

Down and down they go, Wikipedia and Wikipediocracy, into the swamp.

HTD.