Newbie Has a Wikipedia Complaint

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
ItsMe
Sucks Noob

Newbie Has a Wikipedia Complaint

Post by ItsMe » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:13 am

Hi,

I found this sight on duckduckgo after looking up and reading a article. I looked up a person who has given to the world but is controversial. I expected to see some criticism but I found a compleat article that did nothing but put the person down. It was like reading through a filter. If something was positive it was filtered out. There is no doubt the person has been wrong before but who isn't? For a long time I've grown against Wikipedia. tThem begging for money on top of this page is too much for me. Whst makes my blood boil is I know school kids use it like an encyclopedia.

The end. I wanted to write wiki with my complaint but I found that to be impossible.

I'll be back,
Vincent

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Newbie Has a Wikipedia Complaint

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:50 pm

ItsMe wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:13 am
I found this sight on duckduckgo after looking up and reading a article. I looked up a person who has given to the world but is controversial. I expected to see some criticism but I found a compleat article that did nothing but put the person down. It was like reading through a filter. If something was positive it was filtered out. There is no doubt the person has been wrong before but who isn't? For a long time I've grown against Wikipedia. tThem begging for money on top of this page is too much for me. Whst makes my blood boil is I know school kids use it like an encyclopedia.
Welcome, and I encourage you to post whatever issues you have with WP here. Just know that you're not just "not alone", there are unknown thousands of people like you, with similar misgivings about the "magical encyclo-thing". Most people who get pushed out of Wikipedia editing simply give up and walk away.