15 rounds of insults, attacking maneuvers, etc.

You can talk about anything related to Wikipedia criticism here.
Carrite
Sucks Critic

Re: 15 rounds of insults, attacking maneuvers, etc.

Post by Carrite » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:07 pm

Religionists of all sorts need some sort of a sustaining myth to keep them plodding through the world. Either the end is near and Jesus is coming, good works and true belief will be judged and rewarded in the afterlife and evildoers eternally punished, souls will return to this world in another form to be further perfected, whatever...

So, too, with the Wikipedia-is-Failing religionists such as yourself.

No amount of objective evidence is sufficient to destroy the fundamental articles of your twisted faith.

CN wrote:"...detailed documentation of the shitty and even psychotic nature of the volunteers, ensures less people are minded to join that community, detailed documentation of the shitty and even psychotic nature of the volunteers, ensures less people are minded to join that community, much less fund it. ... we will accelerate the departure of the few volunteers who do know how to conduct themselves."

Really hate to break this to ya, Commander, but the count of Very Active Editors at Wikipedia across all projects in general and at English Wikipedia in particular has been completely stable for the better part of a decade. Those who depart for whatever reason in their changing lives are being fully replaced, the count of volunteers is not plummeting due to your Jehovah's Witnessing about the End Times™... (graphic at bottom)

https://stats.wikimedia.org/EN/TablesWikipediansEditsGt100.htm

Nor, lamentably, have you put the slightest dent in the rapid linear growth of WMF's fundraising — which has now topped the $100 Million per year mark. (Do you need me to show you a picture to demonstrate WMF fundraising is up?)

But you just keep preaching, brother, because, you know, what you are committing your time and your life to is very obviously working and you're sure to be rewarded in the afterlife for your good works. Besides, Jesus is coming and the end is near...

CN wrote:"legislation to bring some accountability to what you do, and litigation to ensure you don't feel so free to do what you do. Legislation is already happening, what you fuckers do and how it effects innocent people is being discussed in detail in parliaments across Europe."

(Oh, now I see why one prominent anti-WP Nederlander likes you so much!)

You just keep holding on to that faith that Euro politicians and European law is going to smash an American non-profit (sic.) organization, based in the United States, generating most of its income from the United States. I'm sure what you write here has a decisive impact on their debates.

The fact is, Wikipedia is not failing, it is not dying, it is not collapsing. The article count is expanding, article size is expanding. Vandalism is so uncommon that it generates "ha ha, look at this" type news stories. WMF raises five times more money than it can spend effectively and next year they'll raise six times what they can spend effectively.

You are simply deluding yourself. Just the facts, man.

CN wrote:...as powerful individuals' eyes are opened ... significant litigation will happen by way of retribution..."

Now here's what I like about you. You think outside of the box. There is not the slightest evidence that some White Knight is gonna sue Wikpedia out of existence. (How many defamation lawsuits did WMF lose last year? How many have they EVER lost? Zero and zero for those of you keeping score at home...)

Usually you Hasten The Day types spout the illogical-but-rational theory that Google would rather spend half a billion dollars a year mirroring WP on their own rather than harvesting what they want for free and putting that money in their pocket. You, however, don't go there. You instead profess a belief in a Future Mystery Savior with deep pockets, a pitbull's disposition, and murderous litigious intent.

Good on ya! Originality keeps the readers reading!

RfB
Attachments
ScienceBeatsReligion.jpg
ScienceBeatsReligion.jpg (92.22 KiB) Viewed 3623 times

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:04 pm

Carrite wrote:(Oh, now I see why one prominent anti-WP Nederlander likes you so much!)

You just keep holding on to that faith that Euro politicians and European law is going to smash an American non-profit (sic.) organization, based in the United States, generating most of its income from the United States. I'm sure what you write here has a decisive impact on their debates.

The fact is, Wikipedia is not failing, it is not dying, it is not collapsing. The article count is expanding, article size is expanding. Vandalism is so uncommon that it generates "ha ha, look at this" type news stories. WMF raises five times more money than it can spend effectively and next year they'll raise six times what they can spend effectively.

You are simply deluding yourself. Just the facts, man.

Now it is getting interesting, Tim. How is it possible in your opinion to run a site, Wikipedia, with a server in Europe (Haarlem), with a European/national copyright law/ privecy law, in English and the European languages, with a European parlement what made very clear what they wanted and not wanted in the future in Europe?
In a legal way? How do you want to fix that, Tim? Just by doing it? Seem to me a risky way. Because a European court must put your side on black. Because in our legal system a judge has to follow the law and European regulation. He or she has no chose.

Just explane that to me Tim. But you can't because it is legal technical impossible. And just saying o we will bridge that reality bridge is pure bluff, and nonsens I had to listen for years to by Romaine and friends. Till they trolled me out.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:
Carrite wrote:***

Now it is getting interesting, Tim. ***

No jumping.

tim

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Carrite wrote:
Graaf Statler wrote:
Carrite wrote:***

Now it is getting interesting, Tim. ***

No jumping.

tim

No, you are not answering my question because you don't have the answer. Because there is no answer. Wikipedia is just a private site and Europe a continent with legalisation, Tim. With it's own laws and regulations. American regulation stops at the American border.
This is the well known Romaine style of answering a questions. You know what? We are going to lobby in the European parlement! That will solve all our problems! And we all have seen the embarrassment.

But till now I have seen from your hand only a impressive amount of numbers, but no solution for closing this reality gab. And you brought this up in connection to me, so it seems to me logical you answer my questions, otherwise you have dramatic failed.
Or do you mean Wikipedia will survive by running as a pirate site? And who is giving them still money if I may ask you in that case? Who is paying for a pirate site do you think? Or do you see a other possibility to run Wikipedia in a legal way in Europe?

You are knock out Tim if you don't answer this question. Dramatic knock out.

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:03 am

I'm confident it is you who comes across as the religious type here. We have some facts to play with now, but you're cherry picking to find what supports your beliefs, like Wikipedians always do. Because you're not researchers or analysts. Donations from readers (and by extension, editors) are slowing down, being replaced by begging emails to past donors (vulnerable to privacy legislation) and large donors and corporations (seriously bad for your image). Your focus on very active editors was addressed by me on Wikipediocracy ages ago. A blithe reference to total article count and byte size as a measure of success is almost laughable in its naivety, and I absolutely did laugh at the claim vandalism is now so rare it is newsworthy. The targets for litigation are of course both the WMF and the volunteers, and defamation is but one avenue of attack. Wikipedia loses court cases all the time, your confidence is seriously misplaced. Find me a single person who ever thought Hulk Hogan would be the downfall of Gawker before it landed on the docket. US company, US lawsuit. Wikipedia is pissing off way too many different groups to sleep soundly in its bed, and it was most certainly not Trump who kicked off the whole, gee, isn't it about time we looked at the internet debate, in America. Outside of the US, if you need help understanding what the risk of legislation being applied to or government inquiry into Wikipedia actually is, ask Microsoft or Google, or simply look at how Wikipedia panics and see existential threats everywhere. Not all of that is just for show. Multinational corporations have the money to pay the fines and make the changes demanded by foreign governments. Wikipedia, not so much.

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:43 am

Graaf Statler wrote:No, you are not answering my question because you don't have the answer.

I'm not debating you and I'm not coming here to go one-on-six.

No jumping.

Fuck off, Sancho Panza.

tim

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:32 am

Carrite wrote:
Graaf Statler wrote:No, you are not answering my question because you don't have the answer.

I'm not debating you and I'm not coming here to go one-on-six.

No jumping.
Fuck off, Sancho Panza.

tim

I stayed out the discussion till you came up with Oh, now I see why one prominent anti-WP Nederlander likes you so much! And a shit story WMF is legal untouchable because they never lost a law case. You and I know both that was a sophism. So, I stay out of this debate as long as you leave me out.

sashi
Sucks Critic

Post by sashi » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:27 am

Carrite wrote:
Fuck off, Sancho Panza.

tim

Maybe you've mistaken Ned Kelly for Sancho Panza?

In any case, could everyone -- except the prizefighters -- please pipe down now that the 7th round stretch is over and we've all gotten our peanuts?

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:40 am

Round 8
Can everyone leave the arena? Tim, your turn.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:50 pm

After consultation with my colleague arbitrator of WO,

Last Round