Wikia's Uncyclopedia bites the dust

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Dysklyver
Sucks Critic

Wikia's Uncyclopedia bites the dust

Post by Dysklyver » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:52 pm

It took a lot of work, but finally Wikia (or FANDOM as they are now branded), has agreed to terminate Uncyclopedia.

This was building on the same tactics used to kill Rightpedia, because I realized that Uncyclopedians were behaving a lot like neo-Nazis anyway. :twisted:

Essentially, hosting excessive hate speech and content related to abuse of minors breaks the terms of use of most major hosting companies.

This termination affects the English, Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, Italian, and Polish Uncyclopedias hosted on Wikia. All of which has been given notice of their termination. However, there are various forks of all these projects already, and the existing users are going to migrate away to places like Carlb's farm and Miraheze. So Uncyclopedia is not really dead.

It will be interesting to see if they keep the same content, because well, why not do it again... ;)

https://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:A_message_from_Fandom
https://inciclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Foro:Un_mensaje_de_Fandom
https://nonciclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Discussioni_Nonciclopedia:Discussioni#Messaggio_da_Fandom
https://nonsensopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Wiadomo%C5%9B%C4%87_od_Fandom
http://cn.uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/%E9%87%8D%E8%A6%81%E9%80%9A%E7%9F%A5
https://beidipedia.wikia.com/wiki/%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A9_%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B1%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%B3%D9%8A%D8%A9

Will have to wait and see what happens to the other language versions.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Re: Wikia's Uncyclopedia bites the dust

Post by ericbarbour » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:36 pm

Our connection: quite a few Wikipedia Review and Wikipedia people used to contribute to Uncyclopedia (the "most unfunny satirical encyclopedia on earth"). Somey/Midsize Jake of Wikipediocracy used to contribute. Right next to our favorite epic asshole David Gerard. In fact: try finding an early Wikipedia admin who did NOT edit Uncyclopedia at one time or another.

And the woman who wrote that idiotic "message from Fandom", former Wikipedia admin and early Wikia employee Lisa "Sannse" Carter, is a Friend of Jimbo going back to 2002.

I would not be a damn bit surprised if Jimbo was behind this. Uncyc has had a mildly insulting article about him since 2005. If there's anything he really hates (other than being poor), it's being mocked online.

Auggie
Sucks

Post by Auggie » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:06 am

somey's gonna be sad.

The boat pic with the Bomis babes is so classic. :lol: 8-)

The End
Sucks Fan

Post by The End » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:45 am

David Gerard accused Someuser (Somey's username on Uncyclopedia) as being Lir, one of the early administrators and posters on Selina's Wikipedia Review. Gerard basically pushed Somey out of Uncyclopedia and that's how Somey came to WR. That's the story I remember. At some point, Selina removed Lir and Somey took his place as administrator.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

Auggie
Sucks

Post by Auggie » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:29 pm

The End wrote:David Gerard accused Someuser (Somey's username on Uncyclopedia) as being Lir, one of the early administrators and posters on Selina's Wikipedia Review. Gerard basically pushed Somey out of Uncyclopedia and that's how Somey came to WR. That's the story I remember. At some point, Selina removed Lir and Somey took his place as administrator.

I forget you know all this stuff. A treasure trove of ancient wiki history. 8-)

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:14 am

The End wrote:David Gerard accused Someuser (Somey's username on Uncyclopedia) as being Lir, one of the early administrators and posters on Selina's Wikipedia Review. Gerard basically pushed Somey out of Uncyclopedia and that's how Somey came to WR. That's the story I remember. At some point, Selina removed Lir and Somey took his place as administrator.

Sounds plausible. And like the exact sort of stupidity Gerard would pull. All that history was lost when they migrated to Wikia.

Auggie wrote:I forget you know all this stuff.

And I wish someone who was there could write it all down.

The End
Sucks Fan

Post by The End » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:29 am

I wish I could remember all the details. Every once in awhile, some tidbit comes to mind and it's like yesterday. Derktar was planning to write a history of WR, but I think all the general upheaval of the forum and Selina's self-coup didn't help. I'm not sure if he got far in writing up the history or not. Somey/Midsize Jake stated that he had the backup of WR up to about a week before Selina went mad. Besides Selina, he's the only one with the genuine artifact and no knows if/when he will release it.

I did write some notes about certain WR things happening, but not many, unfortunately.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

Lir
Sucks

Post by Lir » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:14 am

The End wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:45 am
David Gerard accused Someuser (Somey's username on Uncyclopedia) as being Lir
Definitely not me, that's kinda fucked, but is no surprise. David Gerard became absolutely obsessed with me, going out of his way to try and dox and harass me IRL. Why? I think it's because he is a sexual deviant, and I let him know that I find some of his 'content' to be frankly disgusting.

Lir
Sucks

Post by Lir » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:28 am

The End wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:45 am
David Gerard accused Someuser (Somey's username on Uncyclopedia) as being Lir, one of the early administrators and posters on Selina's Wikipedia Review. Gerard basically pushed Somey out of Uncyclopedia and that's how Somey came to WR. That's the story I remember. At some point, Selina removed Lir and Somey took his place as administrator.
I don't remember Selina or Somey, but I went through old emails and found one in 2009 where I was apparently talking to Poetlister, "WR banned me a long time ago, never even knew why." Poetlister went on to apoligize for being very rude to me on Wikipedia, and said that Wikipedia admins doxxed her irl and tried to get her fired from her job, by informing her boss that she occassionally editing Wikipedia during work hours. She had to resign. According to these emails, Poetlister said that Somey said he unbanned me, but he didn't, and Poet said, "So, he unblocked you to avoid criticism that you were blocked capriciously for no discernible reason. Then he never told you, to ensure that you wouldn't return to WR. He lied to me when he said he'd unblocked you."

I don't remember any of that. I do have some earlier email from 2007 with somey, where he is apparently trying to figure out how I can get around Selina's ban - no idea what was going on.
Last edited by Lir on Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bbb23sucks
Sucker

Post by Bbb23sucks » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:29 am

Lir wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:28 am
I don't remember Selina or Somey, but I went through old emails and found one in 2009 where I was apparently talking to Poetlister, "WR banned me a long time ago, never even knew why." Poetlister went on to apoligize for being very rude to me on Wikipedia, and said that Wikipedia admins doxxed her irl and tried to get her fired from her job. Apparently, she resigned to avoid trying to explain to her boss that Wikipedia is a cult. According to these emails, Poetlister said that Somey said he unbanned me, but he didn't, and Poet said, "So, he unblocked you to avoid criticism that you were blocked capriciously for no discernible reason. Then he never told you, to ensure that you wouldn't return to WR. He lied to me when he said he'd unblocked you."

I don't remember any of that.
Do you think you put up a repository of those emails somewhere? I think a lot of people would be very happy to see that.
"Globally banned" since September 5, 2023 for exposing harassment.

Email: wikipediasucks@disroot.org

Petition to ban Bbb23Wikipedia AlternativeDonate to help French strikers