telephone scammers

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
suckadmin
Janitor

Re: telephone scammers

Post by suckadmin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:25 pm

Strelnikov wrote:Even the hang-up calls are untraceable due to everybody in that "industry" using Skype and number spoofing. The National Do Not Call list is a joke because of spoofing and I was on that list before the practice was common.

There has got to be a solution to the spoofing problem but hey look at the current government and well we've got bigger fish to fry I guess. :|

Strelnikov
Sucks Admin

Post by Strelnikov » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:59 pm

There are a couple of masters I ran across dealing with the Indian and African telephone scammers....the real beast is a YouTube channel called "Nicole Mayhem" - he/she/they write or writes these glorious computer programs that crapflood the telephone lines of Indian IRS scammers* with robovoice "you are all scammers" messages.

The first video.

"Scammers, I have come to bargain with you."

Another is "The Hoax Hotel"; this guy sounds Canadian or Minnesotan and he handles all sorts of scams.

Indian "grant" scammers linked to each other.

Fake police "grandparent/relative in jail" scam.

Rage compilation.

And here is a 24/7 livestream of people trolling loads of Indian scammers:

*The Indian IRS scam is very simple; using online references these clowns call up the elderly, demanding thousands in back taxes. The mark is forced to go down to a store and purchase the amount in gift cards (!) which they read the card numbers back to the scammer and thus the money is "transferred." The point is to get the money without a paper trail. The grant scam uses a "fee" as the actual thing the scammers want; they will promise the mark a "free grant" of thousands, but there are "transfer fees" of x-hundred dollars that have to be paid for.
Still "Globally Banned" on Wikipedia for the high crime of journalism.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:57 pm

Yeah, that stuff is becoming a major YT "category". Ugh. And sorry to report, lots of it isn't really even funny.

Where is John Trubee when we need him?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q73D9uScBy8