Wildfires in California

Discussion of cultural, religious, political or irrational subjects of any type, such as UFOs, wacko cults, mad dictators, horrible cult bands, ridiculous publications, whatever
Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Re: Wildfires in California

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:24 am

ericbarbour wrote:Our power was shut off for 96 HOURS this week. And the temperature plummeted. Beautiful warm sunny days, cold dark nights (no moon). Charming. I had to survive with a propane camp stove and a small generator.

And speaking of Guido's mention of PG&E (now the most hated company in the state), consider their stock price:
pge-stock.jpg

Analysts led by Praful Mehta at Citigroup say there's a 75% chance PG&E's stock plummets all the way to zero. The firm slashed its 12-month price target to $5 and expressed surprise that the judge took away PG&E's right to control its own bankruptcy.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/new ... 1028593816

Now I am going to say something what is in Amerika vloeken in the kerk Eric.

Solar power.

A country with so many used Tesla battery's, what is so perfect for Solar technic! With so much sun! What a lost!

What a pity the country is destroyed in this way! And they must forbid immediately the export of any wood product what ar not a half product or a product. I mean feul pellets, wood for the use of the paper industry, etc, etc.
In short, everything what causes mono cultures in the woods. Because the damage is much bigger than the profit at the end, and that must make every republican happy!

Because it is very wrong to make this to a political item, my dear American friends!
Alon Musk should focus much more on that then they do instate of shooting Tesla's into the universe.

Abd claimed on discord I am fascist and he will never cross the Dutch border, I think because he consider our state controlled country as a fascistic country.
So, l think a bit more "fasism" is despaired needed in your country, guys!

Guido den Broeder
Sucks

Post by Guido den Broeder » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:42 pm

Graaf Statler wrote:Now I am going to say something what is in Amerika vloeken in the kerk Eric.

Solar power.

A country with so many used Tesla battery's, what is so perfect for Solar technic! With so much sun! What a lost!

California is the leading solar power state in the US. Even with solar power, you still need power lines.

What a pity the country is destroyed in this way! And they must forbid immediately the export of any wood product what ar not a half product or a product. I mean feul pellets, wood for the use of the paper industry, etc, etc.
In short, everything what causes mono cultures in the woods. Because the damage is much bigger than the profit at the end, and that must make every republican happy!

The better solution is to use the wood to build houses and other structures. That way, CO2 storage capacity is increased, and homelessness will be reduced at the same time.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:32 pm

What California needs in my opinion is two things:

*A structuur plan to solve this wildfire problem like they did in New Orleans with the flooding. With profession beleidsmakers (police makers) like you was. (Before they fucked you total the first time)

*More what in Abdism is called "fascism". A professional government with experts what leads this kind of transitions.

Aldo in Holland there are absolute 100% insane proposals in the plan for our energy transitions it should it maybe a :idea: if our Americans friends just like in New Orleans had a look here in fascist Holland how we are doing this. :roll:

Only don't ask Abd as a adviser because on Discord he has declared never, never to pass the Dutch border! :lol:

CrowsNest
Sucks Maniac

Post by CrowsNest » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:52 pm

What California needs, is more mountain lions.

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:48 am

CrowsNest wrote:What California needs, is more mountain lions.

California must get itself back on track. Because what they did for the computer industy and the internet is great, but now they get trapped in there own succes. They don't improve, but others do!

Why was and still is the German car industry so succesfull after the war, and where English cars a drama on wheels...............?. :roll:
Because of de wet van de remmende voorsprong. Thinking others can't do thinks better than you can. The Germans had to start from the scratch with the help of America with the Marshall Plan and the English kept on building desaster cars with there pre-war technic or even worser!

The law of the handicap of a head start.

Everything is outdated! Even Timmy's, Juicy's, Kum's and Abd's troll tricks are outdated. Google, Facebook, Apple, Wikipedia, they are all under cross fire of foreign powers.
And what is the sad reaction and solution of the Wikipedians? Abdism. Lets go to the European Court. A typical Abdism solution what will turn out in the same deception as the pirate flag parade.They still see Abdism as the solution. And that is the real problem....

Graaf Statler
Side Troll

Post by Graaf Statler » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:23 am

Steln wrote:(those shitweasels at should-be-nationalized PG&E shut off the power again because of "winds")

Invest in a autonomous solar system Eric. Generators are noisy, expensive and only suitable for temporarily use and if you need a lot of amperes.
It will pay itself back and in peculiar in less annoyance.

Guido den Broeder
Sucks

Post by Guido den Broeder » Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:21 pm

CrowsNest wrote:What California needs, is more mountain lions.

The mountain lion population in California is reported to be stable. A lot of them die in road accidents though.

ericbarbour
Sucks Admin

Post by ericbarbour » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:29 am

Oh, if you wanna know what's On Fire today, go to the horse's mouth

https://fire.ca.gov/incidents

Right now the "Ranch Fire" in Tehama County is the only active one. More than 50 miles away and we are getting miserable smog from it. Weather is still beautiful, got up to 80 degrees F this afternoon. Nothing in the weather forecast for the next 10 days except more of the same (it should be raining by now).

(And if you want to see the cannabis "industry" in full swing, go to Google Maps and type in "Post Mountain, California". It is near the fire area. Zoom in and you will dozens of large cleared plots. All full of marijuana plants. That's the biggest grow I've ever seen. The Feds have known about it since 2005....)

The End
Sucks Fan

Post by The End » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:21 am

I've never really looked at a detailed map of California. I always thought of the fires as being in the east in the mountains and never thought of the fires spreading to the major cities like Los Angeles. The Mojave Desert is looking to be the safest place in the state right now.
"In the long run, volunteers are the most expensive workers you'll ever have." -Red Green

"I am a dark bouquet of neuroses..."
- Jerry Holkins, Penny Arcade

Carrite
Sucks Critic

Post by Carrite » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:26 am

Smoke from fires is super-annoying. We got choked out for several days last summer where I'm at in Oregon even though we were hundreds of miles away. If you've ever been close to big forest fires, it's downright oppressive — can't go outside, feel like you're smothering even indoors...

Meanwhile, The Great Trump threatens to withhold federal firefighting aid, because California has zero percent chance of supporting him in the next election, mostly.

It's pretty pathetic.

t